The Rumour Thread

38 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Is GW mocking of Duardin players?

I think it's the opposite of mocking. We finally got female Duardin, featuring them more helps normalize them more in the setting (even for those who are not up to date with all the lore) and pave the way for a wave of FS with more female models (hopefully)!

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PraetorDragoon said:

The big question will be if its going to be renamed to "Children of Behemat" for potential female gargants.

Would really be a problem if they are called Sons of B and they include female gargants?

EDIT: I mean, in Spanish "Sons" includes both genders. I know it is not the same in English, but would it be such a bad deal?

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Would really be a problem if they are called Sons of B and they include female gargants?

There will be people in the future that will use "Sons of Behemat" as argument to say that "Warhammer Age of Sigmar 10th edition" is becoming woke because "there were only male gargants before".

Edited by Someravella
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Holy moly, look how they massacered my boy... They absolutely gutted nurgle. Losing healing and the wheel is a pretty huge hit and then turning disease points into maybe a couple d3 mortals a turn is super rough. Not to mention that unless they've made some big changes to speed again (no evidence so far) the army is incredibly slow so it might take until turn 2 or 3 to even start applying disease anywhere. Blight kings gained a 3+ save (which doesn't make any sense given their guidelines because most of them are hardly wearing any armour) but they also lost a wound for their trouble. Their damage output also tanked due to disease changes, losing an attack, and losing relentless attackers, so they're not going to be particularly threatening anymore. GUO damage goes down without their monstrous action for mortals. Bilepiper got absolutely destroyed. 

I know a lot of armies got hit but so far but this is just... super rough. And this is supposed to be the cool stuff that they thought would get people excited! I can't even imagine what's waiting in the rest of the book. Obviously we're not seeing everything, but I've gotta believe that Nurgle is up for some dramatic point reductions.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Gentle prod - less of the discussion about genders of various races please.

It is 100% amazing we are seeing the diversity in the ranges and it should have happened years ago as everybody should feel that they could be represented somehow in the game. HOWEVER, it can lead down a dark path as some people seem to struggle with this or get annoyed about it (I have no idea why!). 

Lets get back to the random twisting path of the rumour thread.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Ran the math and we should be seeing the Orruk Warclans split, after this week there are 10 days left with 4 order, 1 death, 3 chaos, and 1 destruction which adds up to 9, so more evidence to them being split

Edited by EthanolMuffins
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, EthanolMuffins said:

Ran the math and we should be seeing the Orruk Warclans split, after this week there are 10 days left with 4 order, 1 death, 3 chaos, and 1 destruction which adds up to 9, so more evidence to them being split

You're assuming a death faction this week Friday?  Do we have confirmation of that?

1 minute ago, Sception said:

You're assuming a death faction this week Friday?  Do we have confirmation of that?

There has been a Death faction every other Friday, and there is another Destruction showcase tomorrow like every other Wednesday, so I don't see why this Friday wouldn't be the same.

1 minute ago, Goatforce said:

There has been a Death faction every other Friday, and there is another Destruction showcase tomorrow like every other Wednesday, so I don't see why this Friday wouldn't be the same.

two fridays isn't a lot of fridays to derive a pattern from is all, and there's still more chaos and order factions to draw from than death, or destruction for that matter.

• Like 1

For the record

Last version, the preview of the Dominion starter box was May 29

-> there was also a small preview of minis not included in the box : knight judicator, stormstrike chariot, beast skewer and KB troggoth

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/29/warhammer-preview-online-unboxing-dominion/

-> Then a second preview (dominion celebration) came July 3rd with a lot ok new minis : skumdrekk, mashcrawla, boltboyz, alternative weapon for gutrippaz vanquishers, annihilators, bastian, relictor, vigilors,

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/03/warhammer-preview-online-dominion-celebration/

-> New preview July 19 for Gobsprakk

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/19/meet-the-powerful-kruleboyz-shaman-whos-best-mates-with-kragnos-or-so-he-claims/

-> July 26 for Krondys and Karazai 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/26/dragons-are-back-and-theyre-going-to-change-the-mortal-realms-forever/

-> Last reveal August 2 for stormdrake guards and the hero

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/02/even-more-dragons-are-coming-to-the-age-of-sigmar-and-now-theyve-got-riders/

I think I did no miss any minis related to the V3 armies, so event after the next preview expected in july, we might get some more minis during summer. 

One sad thing is that we did not get any preview of minis not included in the skaventide box yet compared to V3 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Screenshot_20240604_134819_Chrome.jpg.5e30403091832412860b209d3114ab17.jpg

Yeah man, I know. I've seen the faction focuses, lots of nerfing has happened but you can't say that every faction has been kicked this hard. Disease is pretty darn close to not even having a battle trait. It's the Warpflame trait from tzeentch except significantly worse because you have to get into combat with speed 4 models and survive to the end of combat to even apply it. Then Tzeentch also has Masters of Destiny which is incredibly strong and could have easily been their only trait. They could have kept the wheel, or healing, or made disease not so incredibly boring and awful, but here we are. 

Also it's not just that everything has been gutted strength wise, I expected that and it's easy enough to make up for it with points or whatever. It's the loss in flavour everywhere. The wheel was an incredibly thematic mechanic that pushes the wax and wane of Nurgle's power that has been around since their first book. Just gone. Nerfing disease like this (ie. getting rid of the 6's to hit and the roll during the battleshock phase) hurts the feel where even if Nurgle's weapons don't kill you when they hit they still might take you down with infections and sickness later. Healing and regeneration has been a core part of the faction for ages and now it's an afterthought. 

Maybe I'm taking it a bit harder because Maggotkin was one of my all time favourite books of any edition ever, but it's a pretty rough change. We'll see how the game goes I guess.

Edited by Grimrock
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

Yeah man, I know. I've seen the faction focuses, lots of nerfing has happened but you can't say that every faction has been kicked this hard. Disease is pretty darn close to not even having a battle trait. It's the Warpflame trait from tzeentch except significantly worse because you have to get into combat with speed 4 models and survive to the end of combat to even apply it. Then Tzeentch also has Masters of Destiny which is incredibly strong and could have easily been their only trait. They could have kept the wheel, or healing, or made disease not so incredibly boring and awful, but here we are. 

Also it's not just that everything has been gutted strength wise, I expected that and it's easy enough to make up for it with points or whatever. It's the loss in flavour everywhere. The wheel was an incredibly thematic mechanic that pushes the wax and wane of Nurgle's power that has been around since their first book. Just gone. Nerfing disease like this (ie. getting rid of the 6's to hit and the roll) gets rid of that feel where even if Nurgle's weapons don't kill you when they hit they still might take you down with infections and sickness later. Healing and regeneration has been a core part of the faction for ages and now it's an afterthought. 

Maybe I'm taking it a bit harder because Maggotkin was one of my all time favourite books of any edition ever, but it's a pretty rough change. We'll see how the game goes I guess.

You cannot know if something was hit hard or not yet. That's my point. Also, maybe they bring back some of the stuff in the Battletomes.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

You cannot know if something was hit hard or not yet. That's my point. Also, maybe they bring back some of the stuff in the Battletomes.

You're right, I can't see if they've been nerfed to the ground in general. I can see the things they thought would get people excited though and they're having the complete opposite effect on me. But who knows. Once the points come in they might be the strongest faction in the game! Plaguebearers could be 5 points a model and blight kings could be cheaper than chaos warriors. Anything could happen! I don't really care about things being competitive though, I want exciting and engaging rules that draw me into the game, and nothing here is doing that. 

Like I said, we'll see how it goes. Maybe 4th just isn't the edition for me in the same way as 8th edition fantasy or 5th 40k. If everything still looks like this when the game releases I'll try a few games, but I'll probably just sell off a few factions to save shelf space and take a break for a decade or so while GW figures out how to get their game back in order. The shame is unlike back then there aren't any alternative games in my area I can sink my teeth into. The only thing that gets played around me is 40k and I have no friends that are interested in war games to try out new systems with, so taking a break from GW means taking a break from the hobby entirely. 

Edited by Grimrock
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sception said:

two fridays isn't a lot of fridays to derive a pattern from is all, and there's still more chaos and order factions to draw from than death, or destruction for that matter.

I guess, and maybe they won't, but it seems fairly likely. They are probably doing 2 Order a week, which covers them, and this is a guess but I would assume when we run out of Death an extra Chaos will take its place. I don't see why GW would not cover at least 1 GA every week (until that GA is tapped out).

41 minutes ago, Sception said:

Assumed yes but even if they do not they will have to reveal something else this friday and the math will still check out

55 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

Holy moly, look how they massacered my boy... They absolutely gutted nurgle. Losing healing and the wheel is a pretty huge hit and then turning disease points into maybe a couple d3 mortals a turn is super rough. Not to mention that unless they've made some big changes to speed again (no evidence so far) the army is incredibly slow so it might take until turn 2 or 3 to even start applying disease anywhere. Blight kings gained a 3+ save (which doesn't make any sense given their guidelines because most of them are hardly wearing any armour) but they also lost a wound for their trouble. Their damage output also tanked due to disease changes, losing an attack, and losing relentless attackers, so they're not going to be particularly threatening anymore. GUO damage goes down without their monstrous action for mortals. Bilepiper got absolutely destroyed. 

I know a lot of armies got hit but so far but this is just... super rough. And this is supposed to be the cool stuff that they thought would get people excited! I can't even imagine what's waiting in the rest of the book. Obviously we're not seeing everything, but I've gotta believe that Nurgle is up for some dramatic point reductions.

It conflicts with what they posted about looking at the mini's for armour stats. An almost naked dwarf, that is though like hell has an armour save of 6+, an almost naked Blight Kings has an armour save of 3+.

Imo Blighkings when looking at the models should have a 5+ armour save and 4 health and this combined with the ward 5+.

Imo, the warscroll feels a bit dull. I would have preferred that bloated bulk was more damage orientated instead of adding to the control score.

On what was shown of the MoN and DoT faction focus. The Tzeentch one was much cooler and exciting.

• Like 2

Yeah it's a rough comparison to 3rd ed, but in isolation it does just seem dull and uninspired. I had the same reaction to the blight kings warscroll in that for such cool models the rules are just a bit boring. Hard to say until a game is played, but everything seems to be sacrificing character and fun.

• Like 2

But that's the nature of the indexes, IMHO. If you have all the fun in the index and just expand a bit the lore and add something minor that doesn't add fun in the BT, why would people that are not tournament players buy it? They have to save a decent chunk of the fun for the BTs.

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

But that's the nature of the indexes, IMHO. If you have all the fun in the index and just expand a bit the lore and add something minor that doesn't add fun in the BT, why would people that are not tournament players buy it? They have to save a decent chunk of the fun for the BTs.

What a poisonous marketing concept. But that could very well be their thought process.