The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I wouldn't call the current Chaos Warriors and the previous iteration of them "drastically different", myself. 

It is the same concept, yes, but I think the improve is noticeable. That's what I mean. Also, for its purpose, they will be way easier to put in formation than the newer ones.

image.png.d47e84e70545fb6e4a5582e9f3a4db62.png

Chaos Warriors

Also, I would buy the new ones no matter what, but most of the WHFB collectors/ TOW players I know prefer to pick the old ones even if they have to pay ebay prices. In the end, IMO, this is their target, so GW produces what their target wants.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Also if there is a plan to do a future Beasts of Destruction under Kragnos/Drogrukh then might as well prune that branch now that BoC can be side-game supported elsewhere with less stock.(though I wish they just put them into Destruction but no use crying over spilt goat milk now)

And then you got the obvious Bonesplitterz taken out to make more room for Kruleboyz hunters & shaman Ironjawz to fill their niche while Sacrosanct are a response to faction bloat and will likely get a refresh later down the line.

And other way around we know that Chaos Dwarfs are coming in AoS4 and not in ToW 

NY1q8KL.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Beliman said:

4th edition question:

There is a rumour that Monsters are going to be wounded with -1 in 4th edition, unless the unit attacking is a War Machine. Anyone knows something about that?

First I've heard of it, though I get most of my rumors from here. 

Would be an interesting move though. A sideways approach to the strength/toughness mechanic, based on keywords rather than stats. I'd assume other monsters also ignore the -1 if the rumor is true.

Edited by OkayestDM
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

It is the same concept, yes, but I think the improve is noticeable. That's what I mean. Also, for its purpose, they will be way easier to put in formation than the newer ones.

image.png.d47e84e70545fb6e4a5582e9f3a4db62.png

Chaos Warriors

Also, I would buy the new ones no matter what, but most of the WHFB collectors/ TOW players I know prefer to pick the old ones even if they have to pay ebay prices. In the end, IMO, this is their target, so GW produces what their target wants.

Weirdly enough, imo the new warriors + old shields look the best XD

conversions by duncan rhodes

image.png.31943b4a3acb68d14955650489efba1d.png

image.png.84b6373dfc0491f0c2d9a4eba5bd4d50.png

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

53 minutes ago, Beliman said:

4th edition question:

There is a rumour that Monsters are going to be wounded with -1 in 4th edition, unless the unit attacking is a War Machine. Anyone knows something about that?

I'd be delighted if that were true but I honestly doubt it - I'd have expected them to mention something as significant as that in one of the earlier previews.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2024 at 5:54 AM, Ogregut said:

Soulblight was a brand new army and that was the 2nd battletime for FEC in 3rd edition. 

I'm not disputing that a faction will be last to be released before 5th edition hits which gives a limited shelf life to that book, what I'm disputing is that whichever battletome is last to be released will be the first proper battletome for that faction in 4th edition. 

I stand by every faction will have a battletome within 18 months of the release of 4th edition. 

Maybe I've completely missed something, but when was the 1st FEC battletome of 3rd Edition released? 

Also on your claim that all the factions had their battletomes released within 18 months of 3rd Edition...? That was the end of 2022. You could argue S2D fall into the 18 month period from the start of the edition, but there was still another 10 battletomes released after that throughout 2023?

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

4th edition question:

Nah, It was a fake wishlist from 4chan. Totally debunked.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ArcLight said:

Maybe I've completely missed something, but when was the 1st FEC battletome of 3rd Edition released? 

Also on your claim that all the factions had their battletomes released within 18 months of 3rd Edition...? That was the end of 2022. You could argue S2D fall into the 18 month period from the start of the edition, but there was still another 10 battletomes released after that throughout 2023?

fec only received one battletome in 3rd edition, the recent one.  before that they were still using their 2nd edition tome plus a white dwarf update.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArcLight said:

Lol, I guess after so many editions of so many games everything blurs into one. I stand corrected.

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

4th edition question:

100% fake

9 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Daughters of Khaine from Monday. Yuck. I guess now we have the best (Duardin) armies out of the way, it's time for the rest.

It will probably go as Khaine and Lumineth, followed by Sylvaneth and Seraphon in the last week for order.

Hey, I'm excited for the DoK focus, I'd like to be able to run melee lists again!  (Plus there's a good chance they'll show the Morathi scroll and I'm curious to see whether they've taken the opportunity to change the Iron Heart of Khaine effect.)  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Well, that was a bit disappointing- Not the faction traits, having undeniable Ossiarch Commands is actually really bloody good, even if they’re a touch weaker and unlimited Nadirite Weapons is hilariously effective- I’m disappointed that they didn’t show off Katakros or Arkhan instead opting to show off Vokmortian as our named character, someone who to the best of my knowledge has literally never seen competitive play and is rarely brought in casual either, with a new signature spell that seems extremely finicky and very easily mitigated compared to the old Mortal Contract.

Basically, aside from the Stalkers, they didn’t show off any of our key units like the Boneshaper, Immortis, Katakros, or the Harvester. Good faction traits and spell though. 

1 minute ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Well, that was a bit disappointing- Not the faction traits, having undeniable Ossiarch Commands is actually really bloody good, even if they’re a touch weaker and unlimited Nadirite Weapons is hilariously effective- I’m disappointed that they didn’t show off Katakros or Arkhan instead opting to show off Vokmortian as our named character, someone who to the best of my knowledge has literally never seen competitive play and is rarely brought in casual either, with a new signature spell that seems extremely finicky and very easily mitigated compared to the old Mortal Contract.

Basically, aside from the Stalkers, they didn’t show off any of our key units like the Boneshaper, Immortis, Katakros, or the Harvester. Good faction traits and spell though. 

Vokmortian rule to make non fight core abilities cost a command point is fantastic. Imagine Teclis not being able to cast spells because they don't have any command points. 

I think he'll be seen on the table a bit more now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ogregut said:

Vokmortian rule to make non fight core abilities cost a command point is fantastic. Imagine Teclis not being able to cast spells because they don't have any command points. 

If Teclis is 12" away from Vokmortian there is something going very wrong for one of the two xD

Just now, Ogregut said:

Maybe. It’s certainly a good ability but I’m not in the army because of Vokmortian nor is he the faction’s leader- It should have been Katakros or Arkhan shown off instead to keep in line with everyone else’s character being a centerpiece. 

• Thanks 1