The Rumour Thread

I was definitely expecting to see Katakros previewed, but I'm going to optimistically take that as a sign that he's no longer an auto-take force multiplier for every OBR list in existence.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Well, that was a bit disappointing- Not the faction traits, having undeniable Ossiarch Commands is actually really bloody good, even if they’re a touch weaker and unlimited Nadirite Weapons is hilariously effective- I’m disappointed that they didn’t show off Katakros or Arkhan instead opting to show off Vokmortian as our named character, someone who to the best of my knowledge has literally never seen competitive play and is rarely brought in casual either, with a new signature spell that seems extremely finicky and very easily mitigated compared to the old Mortal Contract.

Basically, aside from the Stalkers, they didn’t show off any of our key units like the Boneshaper, Immortis, Katakros, or the Harvester. Good faction traits and spell though. 

The traits look good (for an index), the Crawler is promising. Stalkers were severely nerfed, but that was to be expected. What worries me is the number of "wholly within 12'" bubbles. But he Spearhead painting scheme is really cool.

AoS OssiarchFF Jun7 Spearhead

• Like 7

Just now, Flippy said:

the Crawler is promising

it's not a matter of power level, but I find the crawler annoying: why 5" move on a catapult? with 12 health, 4+ save, and control 5 it looks like a basic troop more than artillery

1 minute ago, Marcvs said:

it's not a matter of power level, but I find the crawler annoying: why 5" move on a catapult? with 12 health, 4+ save, and control 5 it looks like a basic troop more than artillery

it has little legs

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Flippy said:

The traits look good (for an index), the Crawler is promising. Stalkers were severely nerfed, but that was to be expected. What worries me is the number of "wholly within 12'" bubbles. But he Spearhead painting scheme is really cool.

Spearhead is painted in Ivory Host colors. It’s one of my personal favorites. And yeah, the Stalkers were made a lot weaker, but I also need to see what Katakros does before I can really make any decisions on how good any of this is. 

3 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

I was definitely expecting to see Katakros previewed, but I'm going to optimistically take that as a sign that he's no longer an auto-take force multiplier for every OBR list in existence.

It was usually between him and Arkhan. In the absence of generic "big centrepieces" I think one or the other will still make it into every list. 

24 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

Hey, I'm excited for the DoK focus, I'd like to be able to run melee lists again!  (Plus there's a good chance they'll show the Morathi scroll and I'm curious to see whether they've taken the opportunity to change the Iron Heart of Khaine effect.)  

Or maybe Krethusa, as it is quite a recent character.

23 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Well, that was a bit disappointing- Not the faction traits, having undeniable Ossiarch Commands is actually really bloody good, even if they’re a touch weaker and unlimited Nadirite Weapons is hilariously effective- I’m disappointed that they didn’t show off Katakros or Arkhan instead opting to show off Vokmortian as our named character, someone who to the best of my knowledge has literally never seen competitive play and is rarely brought in casual either, with a new signature spell that seems extremely finicky and very easily mitigated compared to the old Mortal Contract.

Basically, aside from the Stalkers, they didn’t show off any of our key units like the Boneshaper, Immortis, Katakros, or the Harvester. Good faction traits and spell though. 

Maybe you have new key units now ;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Flippy said:

If you look at it quick they look like Tau. Not my cup of tea (not because they look like Tau)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Shooting an enemy unit in their shooting phase, giving them Strikes Last and then giving your own unit Anti-Charge seems like a really powerful combo. Effectively engaging OBR in melee will be very difficult. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Flippy said:

But he Spearhead painting scheme is really cool.

I like it! And I've always been distinctly 'meh' about the visual style of the Ossiarchs before. I've gotta say, showing off the different colour schemes for the Spearhead is very inspiring. I think it's great that they're not just sticking with the immaculately painted 'studio' collection. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Maybe you have new key units now ;)

If they want the Mortek Battalion to work, they’re either massively overpowered or they still need the Harvester to work as a lynchpin for their recursion. It also didn’t show off any of our recursion or the Immortis who largely keep our Mortisans from getting harmed or most of our key force multipliers. 

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Shooting an enemy unit in their shooting phase, giving them Strikes Last and then giving your own unit Anti-Charge seems like a really powerful combo. Effectively engaging OBR in melee will be very difficult. 

Yes. They've also mentioned the formation which employs massed Mortek Crawler artillery in fortified positions to obliterate key targets. I can imagine a nice OBR castle, Crawlers & casters surrounded by ranks of Mortek Guard. We shall see.

My prediction for the rest of the previews

Next week:

DoK -> Sylvaneth -> HoS -> IJ -> SG

Week After: 

LRL -> Seraphon -> BoK -> StD -> KB

Could be im seeing a pattern where there arent any. I also think they end it off on Kruleboyz because they were antagonists for 3rd and it would be fitting to end it with them I think

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Any rumour/ leak about upcoming goodies for those purchasing Skaventide?

We've seen warhammer ojective markers during the exhibition match of the V4 box

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EthanolMuffins said:

Next week:

Week After: 

Could be im seeing a pattern where there arent any. I also think they end it off on Kruleboyz because they were antagonists for 3rd and it would be fitting to end it with them I think

Do we know if the Kruelboys getting split from Orruk Warclans? Have there been any rumors along that front? With the retirement of bonesplitters I was wondering what they were going to do with orruk warclans moving forward? I could see either consolidating them into one cohesive force with the clan differences tied to detachments, keeping them as is, as two semi-independant armies with an option to mix and match, or splitting them into two entirely different forces. 

13 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Do we know if the Kruelboys getting split from Orruk Warclans? Have there been any rumors along that front? With the retirement of bonesplitters I was wondering what they were going to do with orruk warclans moving forward? I could see either consolidating them into one cohesive force with the clan differences tied to detachments, keeping them as is, as two semi-independant armies with an option to mix and match, or splitting them into two entirely different forces. 

I don't know if they will be split for the index or battletomes, but splitting them up for Faction Focus makes the most sense to me. At least if they will remain two separate factions as in 3rd.

39 minutes ago, EthanolMuffins said:

Next week:

Week After: 

Change KB for Sbg and the pattern is the most hated at the end xD

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

That's a strong combo and really fluffy. Still a roll for Attack-Last, but really powerful and easy to set up

• Like 1

Credit where credit due because I've been a bit hard on these previews so far, but OBR seem like a fun, tactical army to play. 

I was wanting to buy a Spearhead before the price increase comes into effect on Monday, so was toying with Gloomspite Gitz so I had one from every grand alliance, but so far OBR is the only preview to have caught my eye from a rules perspective.

1 minute ago, Starfyre said:

Credit where credit due because I've been a bit hard on these previews so far, but OBR seem like a fun, tactical army to play. 

I was wanting to buy a Spearhead before the price increase comes into effect on Monday, so was toying with Gloomspite Gitz so I had one from every grand alliance, but so far OBR is the only preview to have caught my eye from a rules perspective.

OBR has an extremely good spearhead for an army core (Assuming they don’t completely destroy the Mortek Core Combo). 

• Like 1

I think my biggest annoyance is that they clearly don't care about tracking sales. As an example eeryone will use new marauders unless they just happen to like the old ones considering the price hikes. On top of that there is no ToW mangler squig at all to my knowledge so it seems like it's less about "we need to know which system people are buying for!" And more "we need to make sure that the AoS numbers are better." Because they don't mind mixing the numbers up if it benefits AoS.

Don't get me wrong I like AoS but it seems like an office politics move designed specifically to kneecap ToW and not a legitimate business need to silo production or whatever it is.