The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Beliman said:

That's about the Season of War: Firestorm? I still think it's the best campaign book that AoS has. We have one in our gaming group, but I woudn't mind if GW makes a reprint of that box.

I recently bought one sealed for 37,43€ in Wallapop (shipping included). Maybe it's worth a look, I don't think there's much demand for it.

Only €5? interesting. The £ price has gone up a tenner.

That and I don't recall them having a SoB spearhead before or putting it up for pre-order. It's just appeared from what I can tell.

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

That last short story was quite good, showing the scope of the Hour of Ruin - Archaon's point of view being the most interesting to me. 

To echoe the discussion on AOS'lore, there were minor mistakes in the story that kinda reflect the fact we need more consolidated background : the author mistakes the Battle of Black Skies (where Nagash lose to Archaon) with the Battle of Burning Skies (where Sigmar lost Ghal Maraz). Also, while talking about the Great Parch, the author writes the Adamentium Chains (40k term) instead of the Adamantine Chains ...

Allarielle an Archaon’s views were extremely interesting to me. Through Allarielle’s portion we see just how extensively the realms have been poisoned due to the machinations of the Horned Rat. This is a wound greater then even the Necroquake, and I don’t think there’s a good enough deus ex machina to fix everything. 
archaon on the other hand, seems almost melancholically happy about this outcome. The Gods are going to be infighting like crazy now that the GHR is on the move, and that may open the door for all kinds of power moves in the game. It’s undeniably a chaos victory, and who knows what gains will be made. Also, apparently the “foremost member” of the varanguard is named Ezkarien…. Let’s make of that what we will.

Finally, the shaven have been simultaneously unified and divided unlike never before. The Great Horned Rat has seeming created a new type of Verminlord who’s sole purpose is to bind the demonic portion of the slaver together, while Skreech Verminking governs the mortals.  

2 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

It low key feel like a it going to be a Dwarf edition coming how we have the Chrof coming along,

• the map key showing off all the dwarf bases
  • 1716758242135965.jpg.dfeb14de5c76d4fc2abf21d66ad0b0c2.jpg
  • the Callis and Toll video emphasize duardin holds
  • image.png.45accd76bcd8e1279b056f1a57017f6e.png

so yeah Fyreslayer is a safe bet to say they be involve (especially their home capital is right next to the cataclysm) unless it a beastmen situation

Dwarfs/Duardin are definitely playing a big role this edition, I just hope  all three factions (chorfs, Kharadron, Slayers) get a major story devoted to them.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

Maybe me being late to the party, but just noticed the Spearhead: Sons of Behemat that's appeared on the UK webstore,

It's £95, supposed that's the price the other sets are increasing to come Monday.

Likely so, or otherwise it’s a stand-out since a Spearhead would be a noticeable price drop from their regular mob box.

edit: looked at comparisons and that’s the same price in $ as their current mob box. So I imagine they’re not changing while the other spearheads only increase a little(by $5 I think, so $145 regular, gargants $160)

19 minutes ago, Beliman said:

That's about the Season of War: Firestorm? I still think it's the best campaign book that AoS has. We have one in our gaming group, but I woudn't mind if GW makes a reprint of that box.

Yeah that was the Aqshy side of it that came after the Seeds of Hope Ghyran side In establishing the cities in both Realms.

Would love to see that again for this edition. 🪴 🔥 🤞 

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

Only €5? interesting. The £ price has gone up a tenner.

That and I don't recall them having a SoB spearhead before or putting it up for pre-order. It's just appeared from what I can tell.

110 to 115 € IIRC. I noticed the € prices in general went up less in comparison, in the example they give it was like 2, 2,5 and 1,5 depending on the currency and € was the lesser increase.

10 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Would love to see that again for this edition.

I still remember that you could play with a battalion of classic orcs that let you take one of the pre-game events of that campaign. We only played a few games at that time but it was so fun (smaller number of players and most of them using square-based units).

54 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Also, apparently the “foremost member” of the varanguard is named Ezkarien…. Let’s make of that what we will.

how Ezkarien was recruited

Abaddon vs Archaon - by me : r/ImaginaryWarhammer

56 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Dwarfs/Duardin are definitely playing a big role this edition, I just hope  all three factions (chorfs, Kharadron, Slayers) get a major story devoted to them.

*cough* Khazalid *cough*

Warhamer Age Of Sigmar: The Forces Of The Cities Of Sigmar - Bell of Lost  Souls

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Also, apparently the “foremost member” of the varanguard is named Ezkarien…. Let’s make of that what we will.

Is Ezkarien someone mentioned before?

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

What about dispossessed?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Starfyre said:

Isn't the SoB spearhead just the 3 Mancrushers box renamed?

• Like 3

On 6/6/2024 at 1:35 AM, MitGas said:

I really don‘t get why people argue for one second about BKs having high saves even if some of them wear little armor - there‘s no toughness in AoS, a stat Nurgle always excelled at. Nurglites are said time and time again to shrug off wounds that kill others. Obviously the decent armor save reflects the lore.

…unlike giving the Curseling a 4+/4+ for to hit and to wound(that‘s especially weird, the Curseling if standing upright would be larger than a Chaos Warrior!) for his sword and staff. That seems less fitting to me when even a Gaunt Summoner(!) has it. Guess the tretchlet is incompetent at fighting and pulls the human side down or something.

Having essentially a 50lb dead weight throwing off your balance and being a liability

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Is Ezkarien someone mentioned before?

What about dispossessed?

The name is very close to the name Ezekarion, which the title of Abbadon the Despoiler's inner circle in 40k.

It might just be a coincidence, but it is weird/derivative that a character from the personal entourage of the big bad chaos grand marshall of AoS nearly shares the same name as the inner circle of the big bad chaos warmaster in 40k.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

It was between 2016 to 2017 with the Seeds of Hope leading to the Age of Hope and Age of Intrigue(where Tzeentch & Nagash started planting their agents through the new cities foundations)

Basically a quick 100-200 years timeskip so the basic settlements the Stormcasts claimed from the Realmgate wars could build up from meager towns huddled around portals into vast metropolises that we know today(Hammerhal, Tempests Eye, Greywater Fastness, etc)

and then Soul Wars skipped several decades along with Era of the Beasts adding to it that made a near century together and Verdrigris & Embergard just added more to it as it took several years to build those places(so we still be skipping in years if not centuries anymore).

Funny enough your Kharadron example also lines up with a recent Sylvaneth example as in Ghyran some of their seasons can last centuries thanks to Shyish causing them to magically grow & wane in their cosmic dance.

Note that these seasonal cycles can take place over many years, even centuries. The current season of Wrathharvest began during the Realmgate Wars and is still ongoing in the Era of the Beasts.”

Time scale is the one thing Id wish theyd be more clearer on. How long did the Dawnbringer story actually take place over? Was it years?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I would like to see this happening between realm of fire and realm of metal arc. Would fit perectly if gholemkind will show up at the same time. I believe this type of conflict deserve it's own campaign with Skaven, GSG, KO, FS, CoS(mainly duardins), SCE, Chaos duardins, Gholemkind.

22 hours ago, Tonhel said:

GW always used it backgroud as a tool to sell mini's, but with AoS they dialed it up to 11. There is no coherency, maybe it's because the AoS universe is so immense and there is so much to cover. I don't know. But it all feels shallow and meaningless.

Edit: I love the AoS mini's and looking forward to playing AoS 4th edition, but the world/background never managed to lure me in.

That's not true. AoS Lore is based on the modern design of any living game, at some points is very predicable. It requiered two editions, but Broken Realms and third edition was very good structured.

AoS Lore is advancing in the same way of games like Infinity, last Warmachine edition or Malifaux, with cliffhangers every few steps to change the point of view to other event, letting that points as events that players can get involved in a short period of time. Even HH or ToW is using that model now 

Arguing against AoS Lore with that kind of args is simply lying only because you want to have a justification to hate a game.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Except TOW cliffhangers are semi-important battles, not world-changing events. Lets not compare Kiknik's plundering of the Border Princes with the Vermindoom. I'm tired of big setting changes that happen so often. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

AoS Lore is advancing in the same way of games like Infinity, last Warmachine edition or Malifaux, with cliffhangers every few steps to change the point of view to other event, letting that points as events that players can get involved in a short period of time. Even HH or ToW is using that model now 

I don't think the problem that @Tonheltalks about is cliffhangers and writting tools like that. Most series/ books are made to hook the reader/viewer with little cliffhangers between chapters, and it works really well.

But the issue I have with AoS background is not in the narrative tools or the writting, and as Black Library/ Soulbound showed to me, it is not even in the setting.

I don't know what is missing, but I think there is some "distance" between AoS lore and part of the community that needs a bit of work. 

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Captaniser said:

The name is very close to the name Ezekarion, which the title of Abbadon the Despoiler's inner circle in 40k.

It might just be a coincidence, but it is weird/derivative that a character from the personal entourage of the big bad chaos grand marshall of AoS nearly shares the same name as the inner circle of the big bad chaos warmaster in 40k.

I see... thanks. On one hand, I like that kind of winks to 40k, in the other I wouldn't want them to mix both universes too hard. Let's see how this ends.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Time scale is the one thing Id wish theyd be more clearer on. How long did the Dawnbringer story actually take place over? Was it years?

It has to be years, even if we only take into consideration how massive the city ended up being. Even in the latest video from Callis and Toll, they call the city something like powerful, so it ended up being one of the most important cities from Aqshy. That needs time.

EDIT: Migthy Embergard. Around min 4:24.

image.png.907aa5e7df5e50eee33408ca2371e5bb.png

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

I noticed that some people complain that GW adds some plot hooks and then forgets about them. I disagree with that. I like that they are not resolving them immediately, it allows us to set our games within these events.

What I really don't like in AoS writing (and DB had it in spades) is:

- resolving big plot hooks offscreen (Kragnos!)

- introducing interesting characters only to remove them immediately 

- repeating story beats (Zenestra, I'm looking at you)

- whole Embergard story (it wasn't Zenestra's arrogance that doomed them. Instead it was a completely random thing. Her actions did not have consequences. You could replace her with anybody and the result would be the same.

Edited by michu
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, michu said:

- whole Embergard story (it wasn't Zenestra's arrogance that doomed them. Instead it was a completely random thing. Her actions did not have consequences. You could replace her with anybody and the result would be the same.

With Embergard we have also the point of resolving a main plot outside of the screens.

Spoiler from DB6:

Spoiler

We don't know what happened yet apart from a minor reference about them losing their faith and Zenestra punishing them. So in some way, it was Zenestra's arrogance the one destroying it.

Edited by Ejecutor

2 minutes ago, cyrus said:

So what are we expecting to be announced as preorder this evening? Warcry brier and bone box ? Dwarfs wave 1 ? HH/imperialis ? 

I expect both Dawis and Warcry, mainly because we have just 3 announcements before the Skaventide one. They are the only missing bits from Adepticon.

• Like 2