The Rumour Thread

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Garrac said:

So, Skaventide will release the 13th of july.

I see what you did there...

Apparently all of the GW store managers in the US are getting training in Texas from the 15th to the 17th of July. So I think the box will have to come out after that. 

Edited by Sealven
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, DinoJon said:

image.png.b0bb0168b6d11e2485d9b443edf4b292.png

SERAPHON SHORT STORY COMING?! OLD ONES BE PRAISED!!

Hurrah, release date at last :) My story's the top right one there, I think, if the info on the other thread from some random French book site is correct 😛

• Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Sealven said:

Apparently all of the GW store managers in the US are getting training in Texas from the 15th to the 17th of July. So I think the box will have to come out after that. 

Maybe it is delayed in the US? It would be weird... it is either that or a three weeks preorder.

2 hours ago, Sealven said:

That training is for the new edition Starter Sets (and some general retail stuff), not for the Skaventide

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I don’t want to sound impolite, however 

WHERE ARE THE DWARVES!?

wHeRE

aRE

THeY

!?

IMG_0334.jpeg

Hiding in their tunnels like the cowardly, dishonorable dogs they are ;)

4 hours ago, Sealven said:

Tacoma Open is "confirmed" to be 4th edition and rules cutoff is July 14th so it's pretty much guaranteed to have Skaventide release on July 13th.

24 minutes ago, KarrWolves said:

Tacoma Open is "confirmed" to be 4th edition and rules cutoff is July 14th so it's pretty much guaranteed to have Skaventide release on July 13th.

If the rules cutoff is 14th they would have to release it a week before. Unless they are ok with giving 1 day for everybody to get their rules and list build for a competitive tournament...

39 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

If the rules cutoff is 14th they would have to release it a week before. Unless they are ok with giving 1 day for everybody to get their rules and list build for a competitive tournament...

Rules cutoff is never the same as the date lists are due.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KarrWolves said:

I going to throw my prediction

15th-->Dwarfs

22th--->Warcry: Briar and Bone

29th-->Skaventide

6th--->Mechnicum 

11 hours ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

To be fair, you were saying only a few posts back how "insanely original" the Warhammer fantasy world was. 

And I stand by that. The tabletop war game scene was dominated by historicals. Warhammer came through and it wasn’t just a Dungeons and Dragons clone.

2 hours ago, KarrWolves said:

Where and how was it confirmed that Tacoma open will be 4th edition?

2 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I going to throw my prediction

15th-->Dwarfs

22th--->Warcry: Briar and Bone

29th-->Skaventide

6th--->Mechnicum 

The pre orders for the 15th were announced today, it's HH and IL stuff. 

Briar and Bone features in White Dwarf 501 so it has to be announced next week. Question is if the old world Dwarfs arrive at the same time. 

I hope you're wrong about the HH Mechanicum as well, as I want them and I'll be poor after Skaventide 🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Vomikron said:

And I stand by that. The tabletop war game scene was dominated by historicals. Warhammer came through and it wasn’t just a Dungeons and Dragons clone.

Ah, so like Chain Mail (of which D&D used part of the ruleset in early editions, 1971 for the fantasy addition). Even including the list of references and ordering combatants between order and chaos. It also has a save roll and unbinding of spells.

10 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I don’t want to sound impolite, however 

WHERE ARE THE DWARVES!?

wHeRE

aRE

THeY

!?

IMG_0334.jpeg

At this moment they will be released after Skaventide. I really doubt that Dwarfs will come because previous Old World launchemnts requiered two weeks.

Why does Dwarfs seem to be delayed? Old World sales is your answer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Did we actually get everything related to Kurnothi rumours? We got Belthanos who is obviously Kurnothi. Are the Twistweld warband actually Kurnothi too? Just wondering.

They could be Kurnoth followers, but nothing has been mentioned.

7 hours ago, KarrWolves said:

LOLZ? And you only have 1 day to prepare for the Open? LMAO