The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I going to throw my prediction

15th-->Dwarfs

22th--->Warcry: Briar and Bone

29th-->Skaventide

6th--->Mechnicum 

I have the feeling we won't see Dawis before Skaventide... maybe not even Warcry. There's just one announcement before the Skaventide one.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

At this moment they will be released after Skaventide. I really doubt that Dwarfs will come because previous Old World launchemnts requiered two weeks.

Why does Dwarfs seem to be delayed? Old World sales is your answer.

Are they not selling well?

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I have the feeling we won't see Dawis before Skaventide... maybe not even Warcry. There's just one announcement before the Skaventide one.

Warcry is a small side game release so it is possible it can sneak in before the Skaventide announcements. Although I suspect we might get some seperate kill team kits before that. 

Dwarfs might be, but GW might keep those for after the big aos4e release.

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Are they not selling well?

The Orc&Goblin Battalion was a failure, and only a few kits are selling well. The sales are okay, but not that outstanding to force to move other things to give them space.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Yes, I think next (and last) preorder before Skaventide will be really light (such as made to order/black library).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Yes, I think next (and last) preorder before Skaventide will be really light (such as made to order/black library).

Or with luck Warcry, but just because someone mentioned that the box is featured in the next WD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

The Orc&Goblin Battalion was a failure, and only a few kits are selling well. The sales are okay, but not that outstanding to force to move other things to give them space.

I had thought OW was doing well, with the whole "expanding the scope" thing GW announced suggesting that it was a good seller.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

I had thought OW was doing well, with the whole "expanding the scope" thing GW announced suggesting that it was a good seller.

I think that announcement was before the O&G release?

Anecdotally it feels like the initial launch was strong, but the subsequent releases (which, granted, isn't that much stuff) have been slow movers.  Certainly both my local gaming stores and the GW are sitting on lots of OW kits still, though that doesn't necessarily equate to low sales of course.

• Like 1

From what I've heard OW is played quite a bit, but mostly by people who already have armies at the ready.

Maybe the whole "sell old models as new" thing isn't working so well. 

It didn't work when those kits were new, so why should it now?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

From what I've heard OW is played quite a bit, but mostly by people who already have armies at the ready.

This is also my impression. We have a few people that were happy old world was coming back. But with back they actually meant back, because they had huge collections still. Now they play that format again with their old armies.

Only a minority actually buys 'new' old kits, from what i noticed

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

It feels like the launch of TOW was unexpectedly strong, and I get the impression a significant number of people are playing the game or interested about it. But with new and returning kits not being rolled out to stores, how could sales be anything but weak right now? There is just nothing to buy.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

Anecdotally it feels like the initial launch was strong, but the subsequent releases (which, granted, isn't that much stuff) have been slow movers.  Certainly both my local gaming stores and the GW are sitting on lots of OW kits still, though that doesn't necessarily equate to low sales of course.

Also because the initial big boxes were better in term of price/ value. And the new price increase won't help at all.

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

At this moment they will be released after Skaventide. I really doubt that Dwarfs will come because previous Old World launchemnts requiered two weeks.

Why does Dwarfs seem to be delayed? Old World sales is your answer.

I want that answer not from you, but the company. :)

5 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Other people can’t play since there’s bo way to buy most armies.

In my club are enough collectors that will borrow you an army to play with for a day.

5 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Other people can’t play since there’s bo way to buy most armies.

or they can but don't result in sales for GW: Old World was a great success at my club (relatively to the size of the club) and very few people had pre-existing armies. Apart from those who bought Bretonnians and Tomb Kings, we've all built armies with 3d prints (majority) or alternative ranges (minority, including me)

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think that announcement was before the O&G release?

That's fair, just had a look and it seems that on 3rd party sites it is the new models and the 8th ed. ones that are selling out, so makes sense O&G are not selling well.

Bit of a self own by GW, not sure what they were thinking pricing their old models like that... I mean 3 Skelly chariots from 6th for £52.50 now after the rise? Who in their right mind is going to buy that? I remember buying a box of 3 for £15 back in the day!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Bit of a self own by GW, not sure what they were thinking pricing their old models like that... I mean 3 Skelly chariots from 6th for £52.50 now after the rise? Who in their right mind is going to buy that? I remember buying a box of 3 for £15 back in the day!

That's been my thoughts about the whole thing from the start. Who the hell is paying top dollar for models as uninspiring as the Bretonnian Mounted Yeomen, or as ancient as those metal Snotlings? 

• Like 4

Just now, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

That's been my thoughts about the whole thing from the start. Who the hell is paying top dollar for models as uninspiring as the Bretonnian Mounted Yeomen, or as ancient as those metal Snotlings? 

When there was like a three year gap between announcement and release, I was genuinely convinced it was because they were designing a whole new range. 

2 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Tbf imo the units of 20 have a good price for GW standards 

• Like 1