The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

That's been my thoughts about the whole thing from the start. Who the hell is paying top dollar for models as uninspiring as the Bretonnian Mounted Yeomen, or as ancient as those metal Snotlings? 

For us could be better an AoS model, but there are people who don't think the same and prefer their good ol WHFB models. That's their target.

2 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

When there was like a three year gap between announcement and release, I was genuinely convinced it was because they were designing a whole new range. 

Nah, they just change the approach like 3-4 times. Does it mean they didn't design new stuff? Maybe in one of those iterations...

• Like 1

Still find it odd they're doing Empire near dead last (rumor going HER and WoC next) with how popular they are

Like apart from like what 3-4 kits left in the AoS range they need to purge before rolling them out

@Nezzhil

So warcry announced this week,

AoS 4th edition afterwards 

Mechanicum next right? Or Necromunda secundus

Shouldn't there be a preview soon?

2 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Still find it odd they're doing Empire near dead last (rumor going HER and WoC next) with how popular they are

Like apart from like what 3-4 kits left in the AoS range they need to purge before rolling them out

@Nezzhil

So warcry announced this week,

AoS 4th edition afterwards 

Mechanicum next right? Or Necromunda secundus

Shouldn't there be a preview soon?

I don't find it crazy spreading the top picks a bit. HE and WoC are the top 2 highest sales, as far as I know, so leaving the Empire for the last would make sense to spread over the sales rather than having a spike and then not selling that much.

Also, I don't think we will see Necromunda nor Mechanicus so early, considering Warcry is from Adepticon and those two are from the following preview and not main games. I think Dawis will come first.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

LOLZ? And you only have 1 day to prepare for the Open? LMAO

The event is on the 19th and they don't require lists before so you have 6 days after release, but all indexes and points should be out by the 5th so you have 2 weeks. It's not much but it's not 1 day.

(all of that is hypothetical since we don't have the confirmation of the release date)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KarrWolves said:

The event is on the 19th and they don't require lists before so you have 6 days after release, but all indexes and points should be out by the 5th so you have 2 weeks. It's not much but it's not 1 day.

(all of that is hypothetical since we don't have the confirmation of the release date)

Do we have confirmation about the indexes release date?

Edited by Ejecutor

8 minutes ago, KarrWolves said:

Skaventide goes on pre-order on the 29th of June

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also, isn't it weird that we have no Monday model yet?

They can still be pretty random about which hour articles drop. I think certain articles dropping at certain times is usually a coincidence rather than intentional. For example some of the Heresy Thursdays didn't appear until 4pm or even showed up at 1pm despite usually dropping at 3pm most weeks.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Do we have confirmation about the indexes release date?

If I recall correctly for 40k, the indexes and all the online content went life on the official release date... so if it would be 2 weeks of preordering, online material should be available between 12-15 July

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frodorowski said:

If I recall correctly for 40k, the indexes and all the online content went life on the official release date... so if it would be 2 weeks of preordering, online material should be available between 12-15 July

That won't leave them much room for theorycrafting a proper list, but in its own weird case, it could be a pretty interesting tournament.

9 minutes ago, Frodorowski said:

In 40k, the indexes had a staggered release date. First the core rules, then leviathan, followed by space marines/nids, and then imperium, chaos and xenos and ending on the points document. 

• Like 1

I like that they look to have focused on what should be the main strength of DoK (buffed up melee output) but the shooting units still have a place for screen clearing and such.  I would've maybe liked to see Morathi's gimmick changed in some way at this point, but I guess she is basically the only survivable piece in the whole faction.

the subfaction they show is a bit concerning from a list diversity perspective: it basically only buffs two units (fighty snakes and harpies) and one hero

EDIT: same for the other ones they hint at as they appear to be very focused on one type of unit (other than new-khailebron)

Edited by Marcvs

27 minutes ago, Frodorowski said:

17 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

In 40k, the indexes had a staggered release date. First the core rules, then leviathan, followed by space marines/nids, and then imperium, chaos and xenos and ending on the points document. 

This should have been the shedule for 40k:

• June 2 - Core Rules / Quickstart Guide
  • June 5 - Leviathan Datasheets
  • June 8 - Tyranid Datasheets
  • June 9 - Space Marine Datasheets
  • June 12 - "Other" Space Marine Datasheets (BA, DA, SW, etc.)
  • June 13 - Chaos Datasheets
  • June 14 - Imperium Datasheets (Sisters, Custodes, Guard, etc.)
  • June 15 - Xenos Datasheets
  • June 16 - Points / GT Pack
  • June 20 - Combat Patrol Datasheets
  • June 23 - Boarding Patrol Rules / Crusade Rules

The core rules where released on the Friday before the announcement, the box datasheets and the two main factions where in the week before preorder, preorder itself was on the 10th and the two weeks until release where filled with the other stuff.

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Matrindur said:

This should have been the shedule for 40k:

• June 2 - Core Rules / Quickstart Guide
  • June 5 - Leviathan Datasheets
  • June 8 - Tyranid Datasheets
  • June 9 - Space Marine Datasheets
  • June 12 - "Other" Space Marine Datasheets (BA, DA, SW, etc.)
  • June 13 - Chaos Datasheets
  • June 14 - Imperium Datasheets (Sisters, Custodes, Guard, etc.)
  • June 15 - Xenos Datasheets
  • June 16 - Points / GT Pack
  • June 20 - Combat Patrol Datasheets
  • June 23 - Boarding Patrol Rules / Crusade Rules

The core rules, the box datasheets and the two main factions where in the week before preorder, preorder itself was on the 10th and the two weeks until release where filled with the other stuff

Thanks for pulling out the actual dates. I was relying on old memories.