The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Actually I genuinely think tha many people were fed up of seeing too much SM (maybe even some SM players themselves) and lot of people were for tyranids during the campaign. 

As the results have to be sent on a website without verification, you can send 100 results for skaven in a day and no one will notice. So no, I don't think that the results are already fixed. 

And yet I don't think online discontent against SM holds any sway vs players demographic and sales, TBH.

Anyway, when I say the results are getting "fixed", I mean GW ignore the real results from the campaign website (which could really go one way or another with Skaven and SCE) and prepare their reveal well in advance and according to their marketing need. 

9 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Actually I genuinely think tha many people were fed up of seeing too much SM (maybe even some SM players themselves) and lot of people were for tyranids during the campaign. 

As the results have to be sent on a website without verification, you can send 100 results for skaven in a day and no one will notice. So no, I don't think that the results are already fixed. 

Well... you have to have 100 boxes for that. It is not like you can spam for one faction, but I get your point and I agree with you. There was also a big campaign from influencers to beat the SM.

I think it could go either way. The SCE playerbase is bigger than the Skaven playerbase for sure, SCE is consistently the most popular army. Skaven could bring in new players too, and they are memed a lot online.

Unfortunately, I think people are going to call it rigged if SCE wins. Might be best for GW to save themselves the backlash and just reveal Skaven either way, even though I'd much prefer SCE to win.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I think it could go either way. The SCE playerbase is bigger than the Skaven playerbase for sure, SCE is consistently the most popular army. Skaven could bring in new players too, and they are memed a lot online.

Unfortunately, I think people are going to call it rigged if SCE wins. Might be best for GW to save themselves the backlash and just reveal Skaven either way, even though I'd much prefer SCE to win.

For me the important bit is not the reveal, but the lore implications. We will see all the minis no matter what, but hopefully the lore around Hel Crow gets something cool based on the results.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Vagard said:

Next week we finish the faction focus saga right?  So what do they have for us between the 24 and the 29 (date of preorder)? 

Maybe the indexes? As Nezzhil said that they are coming earlier than we thought

I’d imagine core rules, spearhead, warscrolls for Stormcast half of box, and warscrolls for the Skaven side of the box would be some of the articles that week. 

31 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

For me the important bit is not the reveal, but the lore implications. We will see all the minis no matter what, but hopefully the lore around Hel Crow gets something cool based on the results.

I'm curious how they're going to do it if the SCE win. It's obvious that they want the Skaven to attack westward from the Vermindoom area, but if they're stopped at Hel Crown what then? Will it be a SCE stronghold in the middle of Skaven terrain? Will it fall anyway?

3 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I'm curious how they're going to do it if the SCE win. It's obvious that they want the Skaven to attack westward from the Vermindoom area, but if they're stopped at Hel Crown what then? Will it be a SCE stronghold in the middle of Skaven terrain? Will it fall anyway?

To me, the key is this post from @Dragon-knight77:

The city has a closed Chaos Portal, so the lore can revolve around it. SCE fully destroy it so there's no way back? Rats open it again so Archaon can put more pressure on Aqshy? In the end we know Archaos has something to play here, so it could be linked to that.

For example, if SCE wins Archaon and Skavens siege the city and SCE ends up losing it no matter what but at least we have some sort of interaction from "our decisions".

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Well there three land bridges; Hellbridge which fate will be decided, Burning bridge which will be all about the (ch) dorfs defense & castbridge which already is skaven control coming how that lead to Embergard 

image.png.db1056dc094cdfaaab684346c29fe075.png

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Snarff said:

The SCE playerbase is bigger than the Skaven playerbase for sure, SCE is consistently the most popular army. Skaven could bring in new players too, and they are memed a lot online.

Unfortunately, I think people are going to call it rigged if SCE wins.

By your first assumption SCE are expected to win, so I don't understand you conclusion... If Skaven win we know GW will have tweaked the results, no ?

56 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

you have to have 100 boxes for that. It is not like you can spam for one faction, but I get your point and I agree with you. There was also a big campaign from influencers to beat the SM.

But if you needed Leviathan and its QR code to enter, what could those "influencers" do (but try to makes anti-SM players, non-Tyranid players purchases a Tyranid vs SM box to get it) ? Makes no sense. 

20 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Will it be a SCE stronghold in the middle of Skaven terrain?

They release INTACT AZYRITE BUILDINGS to represent the reinforced fortifications of Hel Crown saved !!!

By the way, I've just seen a rumor ...

Spoiler

from 4chan rip, so probably wishlist

... mentionning a possible SCE Ruination warmachine replacement of the Celestar Ballista. That'd by nice.

5 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

But if you needed Leviathan and its QR code to enter, what could those "influencers" do (but try to makes anti-SM players, non-Tyranid players purchases a Tyranid vs SM box to get it) ? Makes no sense. 

I think here there are three sides. SM that will vote SM no matter what, Nids players that will vote Nids no matter what and those that don't care/ didn't pick a faction. Those are the ones that can potentially change which faction they vote for based on the influencers.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Well... you have to have 100 boxes for that. It is not like you can spam for one faction, but I get your point and I agree with you. There was also a big campaign from influencers to beat the SM.

Oh I didn't know that on only have one shot to vote, thought you could play any numbers of game and send the relts of each through the link

1 minute ago, Vagard said:

Oh I didn't know that on only have one shot to vote, thought you could play any numbers of game and send the relts of each through the link

There's a little piece of paper with the code inside the box, and you don't even have to enter the game results, just pick the side you want to vote for. So you can vote whatever you want, but just once per box.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

There's a little piece of paper with the code inside the box, and you don't even have to enter the game results, just pick the side you want to vote for. So you can vote whatever you want, but just once per box.

It'S a system I really don't like.

1. It's pay to participate

2. It doesn't encourage engagement

3. It's a huge stepdown from previous campaigns (Malign Portents)

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

It'S a system I really don't like.

1. It's pay to participate

2. It doesn't encourage engagement

3. It's a huge stepdown from previous campaigns (Malign Portents)

I didn't participate in Malign Portents. How it was?

2 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

And yet I don't think online discontent against SM holds any sway vs players demographic and sales, TBH.

Anyway, when I say the results are getting "fixed", I mean GW ignore the real results from the campaign website (which could really go one way or another with Skaven and SCE) and prepare their reveal well in advance and according to their marketing need. 

It's been a year, but I remember in the Tyranid reveal stream there were comments from the hosts that suggested they had actually expected Space Marines and they were honestly surprised that the 'Nids pulled it out.

And I don't assume that they're good enough actors not to be genuine in that.

False Edit: If you skip to the ~31:00 mark in the stream (WarCom link) Eddie openly says that normally you can tell who's going to win very early on and begin planning immediately, but with Battle for Oghram they were actually unsure until close to the end. So not the same thing, but I do get the sense that there was no maleficence. 

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

By your first assumption SCE are expected to win, so I don't understand you conclusion... If Skaven win we know GW will have tweaked the results, no ?

Not necessarily. I just mean there are currently more SCE players. That doesn't mean the box campaign will go to the SCE for sure. I just think that people will call rigged as long as Skaven don't win. Online sentiment is that Skaven already won.

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

By the way, I've just seen a rumor ...

Hide contents

from 4chan rip, so probably wishlist

... mentionning a possible SCE Ruination warmachine replacement of the Celestar Ballista. That'd by nice.

Anything else in that rumour? I'd love to have another rumour to discuss, even if it's just a 4chan wishlist

1 minute ago, Snarff said:

Not necessarily. I just mean there are currently more SCE players. That doesn't mean the box campaign will go to the SCE for sure. I just think that people will call rigged as long as Skaven don't win. Online sentiment is that Skaven already won.

Anything else in that rumour? I'd love to have another rumour to discuss, even if it's just a 4chan wishlist

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me if that rumour have some weight. We lost the only warmachine, so having a new one wouldn't be that crazy, but coming from Ruination? That's where my doubts are coming from. Considering the lore about Ruination it would feel weird that they have a warmachine that is unique from their chamber.

Just now, Snarff said:

I mean I'm not sure. We both agree there are more SCE players, so on that angle (same for SM and Leviathan), SCE can win more easily. Then, from a lore point of view, I 100% agree Skaven should and are about to win. But IMO GW will only do what makes sense for their marketing : they have to previews in August, and we know the end of the year will be the two Launch Box armies full ranges releases (usually, starting with SCE).

About the rumor, alas no. That's probably just a guess (only SCE Artiellery / Warmachine from Sacrosanct being squatted). 

Some wishlist from me : 

• Ruination Center piece. Maybe that artillery piece, or some Dreadnought / Golem (maybe Vandus). 
  • Lightning Geist (maybe with 1-2 Memorian handlers, like in the artwork). 
  • Multipart 3 Reclusian with 2 Memorians
  • Multipart 3 Proescutors
  • Thunderstrike Knight Azyros (they should now be Ruination, like Prosecturors)
  • Maybe : Thunderstrike Lord Celestant (Warrior Chamber). 
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1