The Rumour Thread

21 minutes ago, Swamp Trogg said:

Agents of the Imperium is a way to recycle old minis that, independently from each other, sell well enough to stay in production, but not enough to justify the investment of giving them a new book with a bunch of new models. 

For what we know, it might not be the case of Ironjaws and Kruleboyz : they might sell enough to justify their separation.

That's from the "economical" perspective. 

From an esthetical perspective, Ironjaws and Kruleboyz shares less visual cues than Idoneth and Lumineth. 

And last but not least, if there is just one book, a minimal treatment this edition could mean a single hero mini for Kruleboyz OR for Ironjaws. 

With two books, we are assured to have at least one mini for each faction. 

in addition to that  the AoS studio  can focus on each playstyle since Ironjawz and Kruleboyz are really different !

See you tomorrow Ladz !! 😉

TeJod22sZNJKBTK3.png

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

What I find really strange about Hedonites is that the Spearhead battle trait is based on the old, revamped temptation dice system which on paper just obviously looks so much better than whatever the hell they've done to the AOS army proper. 

For what it's worth, they've used the 3rd edition battle traits as the basis of the spearhead one for quite a few other factions, with Fyreslayers, Nurgle, OBR at the very least

1 minute ago, Goatforce said:

Yep, though admittedly they also get run & charge+shoot, which is good. It still seems like it offers way too much to your opponent. Either the damage should be higher or far more reliable.

Giving your oppontent the certainty for a roll of six is huge and can be in the right situation change the game. Atleast using a temptation dice should always be D3 mortale damage and not just on a roll of 1-2.

Euphoric Killers is great, but still.. allowing your opponent to have the possibility to have certain sixes is a bit to much. Imo.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I actually really like the new Slaanesh rules. Yes they look weaker than before, but they're still flavourful and have some good tactics to consider. 

I can't imagine they'll tear up the meta, but I'm looking forward to playing them at least! 

Yes, pleasingly flavorful. 

Shalaxi is apparently still not the all-skewering great hunter that it's background promises. Someone high up hates it. Noticed that the Living Whip/Shining Aegis options are both gone... presumably it'll be the same story for generic Keepers. Not too fussed about that... means I'm not missing out because of the way I assembled my model. 

My beloved Twinsouls seem pleasantly slicey. The Fane is a bit bland now. I really liked the sacrifice mechanic. Oh well. 

Overall, it's got the juices flowing! Salivating to get some games in.

Edited by Big Kim Woof-Woof
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

An interesting part of this is that it does break the design convention of "Roll a d3, on a 2+ deal mortal wounds equal to the roll" that the designers have used for other rolls. Wouldn't change much, but its interesting.

Oh no, it’s much worse! 

You rolled a D3 and on a 1 it failed and on any other result you were guaranteed minimum 2 MWs. You have a 66% success rate with the payoff being guaranteed 2+ MWs. And in exchange your opponent gets nothing.

Slaanesh rolls a D6 and on a 1-2 you roll a D3 and allocate that much MWs. That has a 33% success rate with the floor being lower than anything else, and the exact same ceiling. And in exchange your opponent gets to replace a roll with a 6, or guarantee a charge and you get a frankly fairly mediocre buff. 

This is almost comedically terrible. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, cyrus said:

in addition to that  the AoS studio  can focus on each playstyle since Ironjawz and Kruleboyz are really different !

See you tomorrow Ladz !! 😉

TeJod22sZNJKBTK3.png

I run two main Aos Armies. Ironjaws and Soulblight Gravelords. At this rate they're going to be the last two armies previewed. the wait is killing me! 😋 Oh well, the Kruelboyz will have to tide me over for another week. 

Who's left anyhow? Ironjawz, Gravelords, Khorne, seraphon and Sylvaneth, right?

28 minutes ago, Swamp Trogg said:

Agents of the Imperium is a way to recycle old minis that, independently from each other, sell well enough to stay in production, but not enough to justify the investment of giving them a new book with a bunch of new models. 

For what we know, it might not be the case of Ironjaws and Kruleboyz : they might sell enough to justify their separation.

That's from the "economical" perspective. 

From an esthetical perspective, Ironjaws and Kruleboyz shares less visual cues than Idoneth and Lumineth. 

And last but not least, if there is just one book, a minimal treatment this edition could mean a single hero mini for Kruleboyz OR for Ironjaws. 

With two books, we are assured to have at least one mini for each faction. 

Eldars and Harlequins.
Agents of Imperium + Grey Knights + Deathwatch?
4 Gods legions + Daemons (this book seems could dissapear with recent rumours).

Two books implies that other factions will be mixed or not be splitted instead that. I just don't want two orruk books, I prefer something new AND the orruk book.

It is always the same discussion, the number of battletomes have a limit because only one thing is true, the time is not infinite and the deadline is always the same: two years and a half of releases and then a new edition comes.

50 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Number of books and releases is the good reason to maintain one book.

I doubt it matter to GW as they seem like they fine with expanding the game with armies little by little, and it better if they are split from an army range release perspective.

like 40K for three new armies in the last edition with only Haliquin catching strays 

Just now, novakai said:

I doubt it matter to GW as they seem like they fine with expanding the game with armies little by little, and it better if they are split from an army range release perspective.

like 40K for three new armies in the last edition with only Haliquin catching strays 

Also, Harlequins were barely an army to begin with. They had like 5ish models 

Mm, thinking on it a little, the real issue with the Slaanesh trait is putting the choice of when to use the 6 in the opposing players hands, it's kinda based on the old (also bad) temptation mechanic, but the maths is now off in terms of risk/reward, if they're doing it this way the downside needs to be more punishing.

Ah well, I dont doubt that this rules team will still be tweaking things via battlescrolls as necessary.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Takyz said:

For what it's worth, they've used the 3rd edition battle traits as the basis of the spearhead one for quite a few other factions, with Fyreslayers, Nurgle, OBR at the very least

Yeah which I'm totally fine with, it's just that for HoS it's much better than the battle trait for the main game AoS. It should have been retained as the mechanic for the mainline game IMHO.

Edited by Starfyre

1 minute ago, novakai said:

That's not true, they were two factions, not three. They removed a lot of supplements (chapters or small packs) and the number of supplemets was reduced.

For this edition seems that two could dissapear.

9 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Eldars and Harlequins.
Agents of Imperium + Grey Knights + Deathwatch?
4 Gods legions + Daemons (this book seems could dissapear with recent rumours).

Two books implies that other factions will be mixed or not be splitted instead that. I just don't want two orruk books, I prefer something new AND the orruk book.

It is always the same discussion, the number of battletomes have a limit because only one thing is true, the time is not infinite and the deadline is always the same: two years and a half of releases and then a new edition comes.

In fact I started to listen recently to La Voz de Sigmar and in one of its podcasts (back to second edition) one girl says that talking with the design team, a BT takes them 6 weeks. Even if they would like to, unless they move away from the 3 years cycle, they would need another design team just to work on more BTs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nezzhil said:

That's not true, they were two factions, not three. They removed a lot of supplements (chapters or small packs) and the number of supplemets was reduced.

For this edition seems that two could dissapear.

Yeah but it just then replace with Emperors Children and whatever next Legion Primarch gets release 

7 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I missed reading the Temptation dice thing properly first sweep through. 

Oh. Argh. 

Yep, my first read was that you could give temptation dice up to the number of units you make ecstatic, so I thought "Oh just don't give temptation as the damage is bad", bit silly but whatever the ecstatic buff is good.

But nope.... It is an ability that benefits the opponent more than the player. Make the opponent Tzeentch in exchange for some moderate buffs! ..... Why?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

Yeah but it just then replace with Emperors Children and whatever next Legion Primarch gets release 

Yeah, removing one of the biggest armies (Daemons) with a lot of people with that army.

My point is that splitting armies affect other armies meanwhile books exists. I prefer to have a big book with two armies that exists from years, than split in two without any prove that implies anything more than "an ego sensation", because the time to have two small books is time that is not invested in something more important.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Honestly the prospect of giving your opponent an auto-charge 12 inches is what really makes me scratch my head. Honestly, you could argue that "once per turn you can auto charge 12 inches" would legitimately be one of the best army abilities in the entire game. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Yep, my first read was that you could give temptation dice up to the number of units you make ecstatic, so I thought "Oh just don't give temptation as the damage is bad", bit silly but whatever the ecstatic buff is good.

But nope.... It is an ability that benefits the opponent more than the player. Make the opponent Tzeentch in exchange for some moderate buffs! ..... Why?

It's Slaanesh... there's something very masochistic about giving the enemy the edge. Hah! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Honestly the prospect of giving your opponent an auto-charge 12 inches is what really makes me scratch my head. Honestly, you could argue that "once per turn you can auto charge 12 inches" would legitimately be one of the best army abilities in the entire game. 

Yeah, and there is only a 33% change that the opponent gets D3 mortal damage. So even if he fails the temptation roll, he could get away with 1 mortal damage. Even mortal damage 3 is for a lot of units a great deal to get a 12" auto charge.

Bizar design choice.

• Like 3

If it‘s just the charge you’re worried about, you can always just choose a single unit instead of two to three.

The double 6 charge needs 2 Temptation dice, you can’t use it if you only get one.

#bigbrainmove

Edited by Rachmani