The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Am I missing something or is there zero distinction between Tornus and the regular knight azyros? It doesn’t even seem to be an alt-build, just the same mini.

Yeah unless there's a 2nd head or 2nd helmet, nothing is different except the weapon? And it doesn't make any sense to lock out a weapon choice from a generic hero...

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

I haven't yet... but still just a patch to remove one warscroll. I would have leave Venator over Azyros :(

yeah I think the model is too busy/overdesigned, it's also another unit/hero put into Ruination for some reason not explained (yet?).

I'm hoping another bow hero is coming, we at least have the Knight Judicator if not

There has been times when Games Workshop has given unique names to generic models for some reason before.

Like for instance, the box of the Plague Surgeon model in 40k is called "Naseous Rotbone, Plague Surgeon". Naseuous Rotbone is an actual character to the lore, he's pretty much Mortarion's personal therapist, but he doesn't have any rules as a special character, he is just represented by the generic Plague Surgeon model.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CommissarRotke said:

yeah I think the model is too busy/overdesigned, it's also another unit/hero put into Ruination for some reason not explained (yet?).

I'm hoping another bow hero is coming, we at least have the Knight Judicator if not

Someone had to be the leader of the torch batallion and use the power of the commander lantern...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I adore that Stormcast, one of my favourite models. The Skaven suffers from a weird paintjob again. I like the behemoth stitched together thing but I honestly did not know what I was looking at initially.

17 minutes ago, Sarges said:

Very quick attempt at Knight-Azyros fix with the legs of new Prosecutors:
image.png.327276980b42616bb0068715142ec429.png

Much, much better, it's indeed the lower part that makes the mini a failure imo.

First new stormcast that isn't an improvement versus its older model. 😞 

Edited by Tonhel
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sarges said:

Very quick attempt at Knight-Azyros fix with the legs of new Prosecutors:
image.png.327276980b42616bb0068715142ec429.png

This looks much better, but that would remove the contact point with the pillar.

Maybe the base could be rotated and one of the feet connected to it anyway. Would remove the distracting diamond shape made by the robes and pillars.

6 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

This looks much better, but that would remove the contact point with the pillar.

Maybe the base could be rotated and one of the feet connected to it anyway. Would remove the distracting diamond shape made by the robes and pillars.

He may look okay with original legs, just without the front robes.
With the conversion there is another problem that his outer leg panels are too wide and he becomes the thiccest Stormcast in the Chamber.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

Yeah unless there's a 2nd head or 2nd helmet, nothing is different except the weapon? And it doesn't make any sense to lock out a weapon choice from a generic hero...

The generic Knight in gold is shown with both heads and both weapons, and the character with just the spear and helmet. So no difference at all - and that does suggest to me it will just be a name for a generic hero rather than a special character.

And they introduce the Knight first, and then say

"The kit can also be used to represent Tornus the Redeemed".

If it was a named character I think they'd have led with that. Represent suggests it's just a name not a separate warscroll.

Edited by Aramis
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Aramis said:

The generic Knight in gold is shown with both heads and both weapons, and the character with just the spear and helmet. So no difference at all - and that does suggest to me it will just be a name for a generic hero rather than a special character.

And they introduce the Knight first, and then say

"The kit can also be used to represent Tornus the Redeemed".

If it was a named character I think they'd have led with that. Represent suggests it's just a name not a separate warscroll.

Could be they’ll use it in a future Spearhead thing themed around the Hallowed Knights, they give the generic characters in Combat Patrols names.

5 hours ago, Sarouan said:

You're just putting your personnal views on what you see as a boardgame here (and clearly see wargames are superior in comparison, if I may say so).

I might add, that’s ChatGPTs views 🤣

So it’s not my view but a trained view.

This whole discussion about what a board game is has NOTHING to do with the question asked. It’s a complete derailment. Thx for that, it went as predicted and we came to no conclusion since we’re not discussing ludology (if you’re  interested in it: Egenfeldt-Nielsen, S., Smith, J. H., & Tosca, S. P. (2008).)

So what’s your opinion on the actual question without getting stuck on semantics.

Edited by JackStreicher

46 minutes ago, Sarges said:

He may look okay with original legs, just without the front robes.
With the conversion there is another problem that his outer leg panels are too wide and he becomes the thiccest Stormcast in the Chamber.

Tornus the Thiccest. His new name as Knight Azyros.

11 minutes ago, Fellman said:

Wasn't Torrus the Redeemed a knight vektor Venator with a bow and star eagle? wath happend?

17182215092272239921529764648023.jpg

17182215219476832538289615218887.jpg

He's in the Ruination chamber now right? Got hit with reforging on the head one too many times and forgot how to use a bow. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I might add, that’s ChatGPTs views 🤣

So it’s not my view but a trained view.

This whole discussion about what a board game is has NOTHING to do with the question asked. It’s a complete derailment. Thx for that, it went as predicted and we came to no conclusion.

So what’s your opinion on the actual question without getting stuck on semantics.

Just the company getting up to date with the current needs of a wider audience.

I still really like the Brood Terror. I think it's just the angle that makes it a bit hard to fixate on. That, and the very nature of the beast (its two heads). 

I'm guessing they would have just showed off the Brood Terror if the video & article showing off both hadn't already been made. Last year they revealed Deathleaper as part of hitting some Instagram follower milestone, so stuff like does happen. Perhaps they were both meant to be shown off on 13th July, as part of launch day celebrations, leaving the rest for the Hel Crown campaign.

If they did multiple of those 2-in-1 videos though, you know what that means... One leak gets us two reveals! Go go go!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

I was gonna ask if you guys saw any difference between Tornus and the generic Knight Azyros, because I didn't see any, turns out you're as clueless as I am. I think the twin tailed comets on his cloak are unique ? 

I don't really know, anyways the miniature's pose slaps hard, he looks like a Dark Souls boss, and the golden wings are so cool...

I also wanna say, the Brood Terror legitimately disgusted me when I saw it. Like "what is that, it's gross oh my god". More disgusting than anything Nurgle to me which says a lot. I think it's the blend of machine and flesh on the back that's really repulsive... and that's the whole point so congrats on the sculptor.