The Rumour Thread

51 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Controversial opinion but I wouldnt mind seeing Gnoblars leave Mawtribes.

I just want them implemented in a more interesting way. Maybe as tokens that Ogres can eat to regain HP. But I also wouldn't lose sleep if they were ejected from the whole army.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Didn't someone point out that the faction focus didn't mention Gnoblars? So you may well be in luck.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

100% I would rather see them replaced with something like halflings personally, both hungry af as the ogres and can serve the same purpose as the gnoblars, I feel like they would fit better thematically, but that is just my opinion

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 hours ago, EthanolMuffins said:

100% I would rather see them replaced with something like halflings personally, both hungry af as the ogres and can serve the same purpose as the gnoblars, I feel like they would fit better thematically, but that is just my opinion

You know there’s a fun little story why. Gnoblars exist in an ogre army.

something little haflings could never achieve.

This is anti-gnoblar slander. They are the cutest, funniest and most aesthetically brilliant form of goblinoid murder-toddler and I shan’t stand for it.

(also I don’t think there’s enough there for them to stand on their own. I love them but they’re just fun lil’ guys to include on ogre bases or warmachines and a single block unit)

By contrast, I’d love to see Beastclaw get broken out as their own faction. At the moment there’s background about them being part of larger all-ogre warglutts and their aesthetic isn’t that meaningfully distinguished from theor walking cousins but their theme and army concept has a lot of room to grow.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

22 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

This is anti-gnoblar slander. They are the cutest, funniest and most aesthetically brilliant form of goblinoid murder-toddler and I shan’t stand for it.

(also I don’t think there’s enough there for them to stand on their own. I love them but they’re just fun lil’ guys to include on ogre bases or warmachines and a single block unit)

By contrast, I’d love to see Beastclaw get broken out as their own faction. At the moment there’s background about them being part of larger all-ogre warglutts and their aesthetic isn’t that meaningfully distinguished from theor walking cousins but their theme and army concept has a lot of room to grow.

The fun thing is that GW seems to like to add small cute little creatures in the bases, like the Nurglings, so maybe we see something new like that applied in the new Ogres refresh.

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The fun thing is that GW seems to like to add small cute little creatures in the bases, like the Nurglings, so maybe we see something new like that applied in the new Ogres refresh.

I think gnoblars were actually the first example of that, or at least the first example of small cute lil’ dudes on big guys’ bases across a whole WHFB range. Why change it up for something new when they already have gnoblars?

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I think gnoblars were actually the first example of that, or at least the first example of small cute lil’ dudes on big guys’ bases across a whole WHFB range. Why change it up for something new when they already have gnoblars?

I think the size tends to be a bit smaller nowadays. Something closer to the Gargolians size.

23 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I don't know if he predates Gnoblars, but Inexplicable Two-Tailed Monke is another classic:

jqtmrd2bfu491.jpg?width=722&auto=webp&s=

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I don't know if he predates Gnoblars, but Inexplicable Two-Tailed Monke is another classic:

I think he slightly post-dates the Ogre Kingdoms release, as I believe the empire refresh was 7th ed? You also had the baby griffon on the base of the empire general plastic kit. Kind of like a first wave of this sort of thing.

It only truly took off as a phenomena with the 40k Death Guard release and the sudden proliferation of silly little nurglings.

38 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I want an army of green monkey pirates with two tails...

Edited by Beliman
  • Haha 1