The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Kempak said:

How did truggs story end last I read he was fighting the fyrslayers and was wandering around destroying laylines, did they resolve it?

He got beat up by Bael-Grimnir, slept it off and was never heard from again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmorley21 said:

Sylvaneth are clearly aelves and forest spirits. Tree Revs, the Warsong Revenant, Revenant Seekers, and Arch-Revs are all very much aelves. For Sylvaneth, Revenant seems to mean aelf based.

They look like aelves and used aelven souls for their creation. So it gotta be aelves, but...

10 minutes ago, Beliman said:

They even have the same terminology -eth. They a bit more fancy than other elven variants, but they are still elfs.

Please consider that there are only three factions vain enough to use the -lords suffix. One is classic (albeit with cow fetish), one rather short and the last one pale and cold - but it's ok, elves of the Mortal Realms can take different shape and size. 

36 minutes ago, madmac said:

Very true. It's the sort of setup where they can have him advance to breaking out and meeting back up with his people anytime they feel like it. If they feel like it, I'm not actually sure, Kragnos is not exactly Mr. Popular. It's possible that they already started work on a faction for him years ago though, and it was always calculated to arrive in 4E.

The Drogrukh plot line did get started during Broken realms so it is possible.

2 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

Sylvaneth are literal *wood* elves

I heard that if you repeat this three times in front of the tree, the Wardancer will come and mercifully end this madness...

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Flippy said:

I heard that if you repeat this three times in front of the tree, the Wardancer will come and mercifully end this madness...

You're right, we should leaf this topic alone now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

36 minutes ago, Kempak said:

How did truggs story end last I read he was fighting the fyrslayers and was wandering around destroying laylines, did they resolve it?

He still has headaches and keeps his journey destroying magical places.

41 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

There was a White Dwarf short story about how he was fighting Seraphon for multiple days and the Kruleboyz fighting under him were actually starting to get sick of the fighting and wanted to leave, but I didn't get "endless time loop" out of it so much as "this is a very big battle". 

I was expecting something else from the big battle between Kragnos and Karazai.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/06/14/how-the-warhammer-studio-was-swept-up-in-the-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-spearhead-league/

I continue to be amped about Spearhead and hope it gets future support. Seems easy with new boards and cards.

Also, Soulblight easily look like one of the best factions competitively out of the gate based on what we’ve seen. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Starfyre said:

Sylvaneth are literal *wood* elves

I recognize and appreciate this joke but legit one of my favorite bits of sylvaneth lore is they are elves but like not really because they’re vengeful alien nature spirits who specifically choose to take the appearance of an elf because a half tree half elf abomination is objectively scarier to mortals then just normal elves or normal trees

and that’s beautiful to me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sception said:

EDIT: also worth noting that the cursed city stuff seems to be sticking around, at least for now.  Radubeast's scroll specifically mentiones units of vyrkos bloodborn in its rules, and Raduwolf, his Nightguard, and the Gravekeeper are all shown in one of the army pictures.

It also seems that bloodlines have been dropped from the warscrolls, meaning the Vrykos stuff will be mixed into the rest of the faction, and I guess we wont have units or powers locked behind bloodlines. I find it weird though that Radakur mentions Vrykos bloodborn units on his warscroll.... Does he count as one too? He has Vrykos bloodborn listed as companions on his warscroll, so do they get buffed as well as an actual separate unit of Vrykos bloodborn? I kid of expected some bloodline keywords to stick around, I hope this isn't a sign that they created a bunch of abilities around bloodline keywords, then decided to drop the keywords later in the design process, but failed to scrub all the relevant related text from the various warscrolls. 

17 hours ago, EthanolMuffins said:

100% I would rather see them replaced with something like halflings personally, both hungry af as the ogres and can serve the same purpose as the gnoblars, I feel like they would fit better thematically, but that is just my opinion

Aesthetically and thematically they just dont fit and feel to me like Destructions COS - Pre update. WHFB holdovers.

12 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If I ever start an Ogor army, I can tell you for free that I am not doing it to run a bunch of smaller, even more pathetic goblins. 

My thoughts exactly.

52 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

It also seems that bloodlines have been dropped from the warscrolls, meaning the Vrykos stuff will be mixed into the rest of the faction, and I guess we wont have units or powers locked behind bloodlines. I find it weird though that Radakur mentions Vrykos bloodborn units on his warscroll.... Does he count as one too? He has Vrykos bloodborn listed as companions on his warscroll, so do they get buffed as well as an actual separate unit of Vrykos bloodborn? I kid of expected some bloodline keywords to stick around, I hope this isn't a sign that they created a bunch of abilities around bloodline keywords, then decided to drop the keywords later in the design process, but failed to scrub all the relevant related text from the various warscrolls. 

His warscroll name isn't 'vyrkos bloodborn', and he doesn't have a 'vyrkos bloodborn' keyword, so it seems his ability only buffs the actual bloodborn unit, not the follower bloodborn on his own base.  Which feels weird, but eh, whatever.  I'm willing to cut index rules a fair bit of slack on that kind of thing, though I'm hoping when we eventually see 4e battletomes that they're willing to make rules a bit more complex if by doing so they can make those rules more intuitive and fluffy.

We'll see though.

Over on the vamp count forum I frequent I've been getting some negative reaction to this faction focus, which kind of surprises me.  There's nothing super new or exciting here, but vargheists aside it looks pretty solid relative to the other 4e faction previews we've seen so far.  Maybe it's just that everything good here is a slightly nerfed/streamlined version of something they already have, so if people are comparing directly from 3e without the context of other 4e faction focus articles (as might be expected on-specific forum) it could feel like a downgrade with no real payoff?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, novakai said:

The fact they highlighted it in this article is interesting. I know we jump all over any mention of other armies, but I definitely think this feels super intentional. Not to mention I’m sure they want to do something to move stock on Kragnos model and giving him some sort of faction that truly aligns with him could help 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, novakai said:

There is an hint/speculation about a new faction of “ beasts of destruction “ and Kragnos/Drogrukh match perfectly . 

I've said it for years, but Destruction desperately needs a faction that isn't the usual cast of green-skinned, full-bodied characters. We can make up literally anything for AoS; that's one of the beautiful things about the setting.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I've said it for years, but Destruction desperately needs a faction that isn't the usual cast of green-skinned, full-bodied characters. We can make up literally anything for AoS; that's one of the beautiful things about the setting.

Annnd they go with centaurs...  😒

18 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Here your option now pick one

1718375899406830m.jpg.1d7efe1f78efbefcbb71e09036c4c307.jpg

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Kragnos in 3rd Edition:

Exclusive Deal Future Trunks Dragon ball super, Future trunks, Anime dragon  ball, future trunks saiyan armor

Kragnos after 4th Edition:

Super Saiyan 3rd Grade Future Trunks | Personajes de dragon ball,  Personajes de goku, Dibujo de goku

Time Chamber completed. His next plot? Obviously Silent People Cell.

25 ideas de Cell | personajes de dragon ball, dragon ball, personajes de  goku

Will Kragnos find his way out of the Hyperbolic time chamber and achieve super saiyan?

is Slaanesh gonna be release from its prison?

does Malerion even exists at this point?

find out next edition of Age of Sigmar Z

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Annnd they go with centaurs...  😒

eh, maybe it will be beastly stuff in general.  Centaurs, minotaurs, satyrs, etc.  Like beastmen back, only reimagined asa destruction faction - like I would have done with them in the first place.

Edited by Sception
  • Like 2