The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Annnd they go with centaurs...  😒

eh, maybe it will be beastly stuff in general.  Centaurs, minotaurs, satyrs, etc.  Like beastmen back, only reimagined asa destruction faction - like I would have done with them in the first place.

Edited by Sception
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sception said:

eh, maybe it will be beastly stuff in general.  Centaurs, minotaurs, satyrs, etc.  Like beastmen back, only reimagined asa destruction faction - like I would have done with them in the first place.

Honestly removing the Chaos part of Beasts of Chaos would just serve to ****** off Beasts of Chaos players even more than they already have.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

What's the third one?

The Godbeast Fangathrak (from the Realmgate Wars), the leaving ghurish arcway (mega Realmgate) to the Eightpoints currently entrapped by Gordrakk.

Edited by HorticulusTGA

1 minute ago, HorticulusTGA said:

The Godbeast Fangathrak (from the Realmgate Wars), the leaving ghurish arcway (mega Realmgate) to the Eightpoints currently entrapped by Gordrakk.

The one that is like a massive worm, right? I don't see that kind of stuff getting an army.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Here your option now pick one

1718375899406830m.jpg.1d7efe1f78efbefcbb71e09036c4c307.jpg

Silent people are never happening. They were just fluff filler to add some lore depth. 

Kragnos is done. He's just going to be a model that sticks out like a sore thumb in destruction, and that's it. 

I don't know what that worm thing is. 

So Honest wargammer just dropped a video with pics from the book about list building. In the comments he confirmed allies are gone and Regiments of Renown are the only "ally" like system that remained. Also mount traits seem to still be a thing.

image-18.webp

image-9.webp

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Two more important parts, if you have 50 o less points than the battle limit you get a extra cp on the first round and having more auxiliary units give the opponent a extra cp each battle round.

image-20.webp.0295da249841613fd2f82907d80875f1.webp

image-13.webp

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Two more important parts, if you have 50 o less points than the battle limit you get a extra cp on the first round and having more auxiliary units give the opponent a extra cp each battle round.

image-20.webp.0295da249841613fd2f82907d80875f1.webp

image-13.webp

I suppose the heroes with compulsory regiment options refers to things like Underworlds warbands, Callis and Toll, etc. 

AOS doesn't need any more factions tbh. It needs to focus on expanding on some of the neglected factions like Fyreslayer, Idoneth, Ossiarch, daughters etc, before making a brand new army. 

This does seem to be the direction they are going in though. Cities, Ironjawz and Darkoath being recent examples of expansions/updates. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

I suppose the heroes with compulsory regiment options refers to things like Underworlds warbands, Callis and Toll, etc. 

That is my supposition as well.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

AOS doesn't need any more factions tbh. It needs to focus on expanding on some of the neglected factions like Fyreslayer, Idoneth, Ossiarch, daughters etc, before making a brand new army. 

This does seem to be the direction they are going in though. Cities, Ironjawz and Darkoath being recent examples of expansions/updates. 

While I agree that it would be awesome if all the factions receive love, the reality is that those that are not selling well will receive the bare minimum and GW will try again with new stuff.

• Like 1

Kinda wild to have your main headliner character for an entire edition be imprisoned offscreen and we're supposed to find out about it in a lore rundown article.

Kragnos must have suffered a very sudden course correction in the early stages of aos 3.0, and I believe it is in part due to the community backlash of him not really fitting in aesthetically with any other destruction faction, and just due to the fact that GW are quite bad at portraying the destruction factions with any real depth and agency.

The way that they more or less confirm that the Drogrukh are still out there somewhere and Kragnos has been put on an icey cliffhanger, I foresee that he will return in about 5 years with a Drogrukh faction that he will fit into seemlessly.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Kinda wild to have your main headliner character for an entire edition be imprisoned offscreen and we're supposed to find out about it in a lore rundown article.

Kragnos must have suffered a very sudden course correction in the early stages of aos 3.0, and I believe it is in part due to the community backlash of him not really fitting in aesthetically with any other destruction faction, and just due to the fact that GW are quite bad at portraying the destruction factions with any real depth and agency.

The way that they more or less confirm that the Drogrukh are still out there somewhere and Kragnos has been put on an icey cliffhanger, I foresee that he will return in about 5 years with a Drogrukh faction that he will fit into seemlessly.

Chorfs in around two years. Kragnos and the Gang in around 5 years.

image.jpeg.58109fdbac0f4f85ca552a91b7ef8aea.jpeg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Arzalyn said:

In the comments he confirmed allies are gone and Regiments of Renown are the only "ally" like system that remained. Also mount traits seem to still be a thing.

Was thinking they might be heading that way with the lack of allies info.

26 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Honestly, I don’t think most people particularly care- Almost entirely because even GW probably had no idea what the guy’s deal was supposed to be. He has like 3 different, wildly varying depictions across 3 books, and, as I’ve said before, he’s not like Nagash where there’s loads of stuff you can have him doing, Kragnos lacks the personality to carry a narrative. It’s pretty telling that the entire era was about everyone else and Kragnos felt like an afterthought most of the time. 

3 minutes ago, HCMistborn said:

They should have just held onto him and released him with his own army. Now even if they release a really cool army for him there is a sour taste in a lot of peoples mouth for him and any beast man faction.

Yknow I remember well the rumors he was supposed to be a BoC model that got switched to Destruction last minute for “unknown reasons”.

I really wouldn’t surprised if the reasons for that happened to be 3e post production rolling into conflict with ToW pre-production and they realized they’d be dropping BoC from AoS by the following edition and needed to pivot what to do with the new kit they’d just ordered a hundred thousand of from manufacturing.

50 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

GW are quite bad at portraying the destruction factions with any real depth and agency.

This. Im really hoping that Ogors get a strong narrative focus. Kruelboyz were the starter box antagonists and quickly slipped to the wayside. Sons of Behemat stomped onto the scene to be immediately sidelined by Lumineth.

Destruction is NARRATIVELY the most neglected Alliance and Factions.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

Yknow I remember well the rumors he was supposed to be a BoC model that got switched to Destruction last minute for “unknown reasons”.

I really wouldn’t surprised if the reasons for that happened to be 3e post production rolling into conflict with ToW pre-production and they realized they’d be dropping BoC from AoS by the following edition and needed to pivot what to do with the new kit they’d just ordered a hundred thousand of from manufacturing.

Those rumours were discarded by sources that don't get their income from the views.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

No it was confirm firmly that he was always design for destruction 

cough a certain popular YouTube creator imply to have interview the miniature designer who design Kragnos and through back door conversation confirm that he was instructed to make a Destruction centaur god for Age of Sigmar cough

• Like 7