The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Lolz, no Spearhead and we go back to the speculative train. So Two indexes but One book?

This is exactly what I've been saying for weeks. It's going to be one battletome with two or possibly three sets of rules in it.Β 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Flippy said:

I have no intent to ever buy, paint or field a single KB model. KB and IJ have nothing in common if you consider the the general feeling and design of factions. Give me the Ironjawz tome!Β 

Same! I don't want to play sneaky sadistic Kruleboyz, I want to play stupid brute pig-riding Ironjawz. And if they are separate factions, why is there no Spearhead, boxset, or any other way to buy Ironjawz more cheaply? Every single faction has a Spearhead now, except for Ironjawz, making them a lot more difficult for new players to get into too.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Flippy said:

The traits are fine - simple & straightforward, fitting the faction. The lack of Spearhead is a real bummer. I can understand the absence of a dedicated box (for now), but the lack of rules is baffling. They could have provided us with the Spearhead army list and the rules - but instead decided to lock the Ironjawz out of the Spearhead game mode. Very poor choice.

And then theΒ Orruk Warclans Faction Pack... please, just let it go already. I have no intent to ever buy, paint or field a single KB model. KB and IJ have nothing in common if you consider the the general feeling and design of factions. Give me the Ironjawz tome!Β 

No spearhead is really a dumb decision !!!

Β 

I guess this can count as a slight confirmation:

And while we’ve heard rumbling and clattering with a distinctly Gorkish timbre to it, there’s nothing on the horizon just yet. Keep an eye on Warhammer Community for further Warhammer Age of Sigmar and Spearhead updates.

IMO it will be released with IJ battletome (or Warclans oneΒ  - doesn't matter). And I have a feeling their battletome will be one of the first after SCE and Skaven.

Edited by Ookami
  • Like 1

They won’t release the spearhead ahead of time. Iβ€˜d expect Warclans to be a rather early battletome.Β 
Done well ai couldn’t care less whether it’s one battletome or two. Although I don’t think they don’t combine well.

Even if the Spearhead box itself still is a while off they could have still given us the Spearhead rules so existing Ironjawz players can at least play that format. But I guess that was already confirmed as not happening due to the "25 Spearheads" statement.

I still hope we might get Ironjawz Spearhead rules via a White Dwarf or online pdf soon and won't have to wait for the Battletome

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Welp, Ironjawz nuked into absolute oblivion.

Β 

Smashing and Bashing gone.

MD is one unit once per turn and 3" only.

Β 

Entire army hits on 4's. Radukar will simply laugh at any attempt to kill him if his buff is up.

Bonus damage for units is on a dice roll.

Β 

Raise a pyre to their memory, lads and lasses.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Augusto said:

The Ij spearhead its on its way, we just need to wait some time

But why? GW has been heavily promoting the Spearhead mode (and rightly so!) and, at the same, they have decided to exclude a single faction (even if only for a few months)? How is that even possible?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just a little wisdom when it comes to indexes :Β 

"When everyone is nerfed, no one is."Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Syndromus

(or something like that, I don't know, I'm no historian)Β 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Flippy said:

But why? GW has been heavily promoting the Spearhead mode (and rightly so!) and, at the same, they have decided to exclude a single faction (even if only for a few months)? How is that even possible?

Maybe something new is in it.Β 

• Like 1

Just now, Beliman said:

Better hit than wound. All armies have a generic command to improve hit, but not all armies have a bonus to wound.

A bonus to hit command is only one unit.

Β 

The entire army has seen a 16.6% reduction in hits, which translates to an even higher reduction in overall output. Losing smashing and bashing leaves IJ units open to being completely annihilated, since they have no ward save to speak of.

Β 

IJ is my first and last AOS army. As of now, they will remain on the shelf. The faction ability is a joke compared to others, and the buffs are fine.... if you can hit. A single -1 to hit effect is a serious strain on the output of the army, and bonus attacks only matter if they land.

I don't mind the soup as both seem to be given fair attention but it's when a soup tome drops that's going to be not fun. Unless it's a heavy release only one or the other will get shiny new model attention.Β 

Edited by Vasshpit

A large segment of the warscrolls in the game are now hitting on 4s, it's a deliberate move that we've seen across the bulk of the faction focuses.

I am a little surprised to see Smashing and Bashing vanish, though I suspect some form of it might show up as a warscroll ability or spell, or whatever.

13 minutes ago, Aphotic said:

Welp, Ironjawz nuked into absolute oblivion.

Β 

Smashing and Bashing gone.

MD is one unit once per turn and 3" only.

Β 

Entire army hits on 4's. Radukar will simply laugh at any attempt to kill him if his buff is up.

Bonus damage for units is on a dice roll.

Β 

Raise a pyre to their memory, lads and lasses.

MD is at every turn not only your turn .

Β 

i don’t think they are nuked. Gordrakk is better , save is better , momentum are better , unit now have additional rend against some unit in their warscroll no need waaagh for that. It’s just different but not worstΒ 

Edited by Grunbag

9 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Yeah it's a dumb decision. Calling Ironjawz a full faction, separate from Kruleboyz, yet still sticking it in the same index and not giving it support for the hot new mode made to help new players get into the game.

Kruleboyz are already available relatively cheaply in multiple ways (dominion and the 3rd edition starter sets, Vanguard/Spearhead Orruk Warclans) while Ironjawz basically just got their start collecting discontinued in favour of a Kruleboyz one.

6 minutes ago, Aphotic said:

A bonus to hit command is only one unit.

Β 

The entire army has seen a 16.6% reduction in hits, which translates to an even higher reduction in overall output. Losing smashing and bashing leaves IJ units open to being completely annihilated, since they have no ward save to speak of.

Β 

IJ is my first and last AOS army. As of now, they will remain on the shelf. The faction ability is a joke compared to others, and the buffs are fine.... if you can hit. A single -1 to hit effect is a serious strain on the output of the army, and bonus attacks only matter if they land.

I mean, at least you're not Mawtribes. Could always be much worse.

1 minute ago, Aphotic said:

That's only if you compare 4.0 to 3.0.

-1 hit is an issue, but throwing more dice can solve a but this problem (and IJs seems to have a bucnh of them).

Let's see the whole picture, maybe they are bad, but my suggestion is to wait a bit.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Snarff said:

Yeah it's a dumb decision. Calling Ironjawz a full faction, separate from Kruleboyz, yet still sticking it in the same index and not giving it support for the hot new mode made to help new players get into the game.

Kruleboyz are already available relatively cheaply in multiple ways (dominion and the 3rd edition starter sets, Vanguard/Spearhead Orruk Warclans) while Ironjawz basically just got their start collecting discontinued in favour of a Kruleboyz one.

They probably under estimated spearhead and didn’t think they would need to make a spearhead for ironjawz until spearhead become a success with test session . And now they have to make one so it will come later .Β 
Β 

maybe in they also took the decision late to split the orruk warclan that’s why they have a index together .Β