The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Aphotic said:

Great! It still is a horrible ability compared to others, especially losing everything else that IJ had in every other prior iteration.

Don’t look at V4 with the eye of V3 . 

• Like 3

Just now, Hollow said:

The Warhammer X account just posted - "there maybe an IJ Spearhead in the future" 

I think it's pretty evident there will be an IJ Spearhead in the future - if nothing else, it's the new Start Collecting/Vanguard style of box so everyone will get one - but I can understand IJ players feeling a bit left out without anything to let them play Spearhead on release.

8 minutes ago, Beliman said:

We have regiments of renown that seems to be more in line with allies and mercenaries.

I miss coalition units /sad

But if we take the Warclans as an example and the lore with Grombrindal, Duardins are the next obvious group to be put together. That's what I meant.

22 minutes ago, Aphotic said:

A bonus to hit command is only one unit.

The entire army has seen a 16.6% reduction in hits, which translates to an even higher reduction in overall output. Losing smashing and bashing leaves IJ units open to being completely annihilated, since they have no ward save to speak of.

IJ is my first and last AOS army. As of now, they will remain on the shelf. The faction ability is a joke compared to others, and the buffs are fine.... if you can hit. A single -1 to hit effect is a serious strain on the output of the army, and bonus attacks only matter if they land.

This isn't true. This is the damage of  5 old brutes without buffs versus  5 new brutes without buffs. 

Screenshot_20240619-231104.png.eeddac23492fce193580f21071a9c25f.png

It's also important to take the new three inch range into consideration. You could run a reinforced unit of 10 and get them all into combat without too much difficulty.

If we go crazy and throw all the buffs we've seen on a unit of just 5  brutes it will do an average of 30 damage to a 4+ save. That's some pretty insane output. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Considering that we don't have allies anymore, that's the closest to a soup, and it opens again the Dawis soup debate, IMO.

Have all forces lost allies in 4th?! 😱

2 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

It's a baffling decision that they still group their indices together then. I guess it's purely because the Kruleboyz Vanguard is called Vanguard: Orruk Warclans? Maybe it will be renamed and finally properly split once their separate tomes release.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Swamp Trogg said:

Cherrypicking. 

We need to see the whole picture to judge. 

Cherrypicking what. 

Nobody can mantain the “everything is nerfed, so anyone is nerfed” when I can find an example of that not being true in just yesterday's ff.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

7 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Let's not open that debate. They've said nothing about the two Duardin armies sharing an index, both armies are getting their own Spearheads with separate spearhead rules and there is no precedent for Duardin soup at all in AoS. Not even Grombrindal, forged to foster cooperation between not just Duardin but all of Order, has any sort of rules for Duardin coalition or soup.

We've got regiments of renown to serve as allies now.

EDIT:

The Fyreslayers faction focus even explicitly states that they are separated from the other Duardin:

'Separated from their distant cousins amongst the Kharadron Overlords and Dispossessed exiles by religious fervour and fiery determination, the Fyreslayers nevertheless throw their lot in with the rest of the forces of Order, standing shoulder to shoulder with Sigmar’s forces and their allies… typically for an ur-gold fee.'

If what Nhezzil says about putting factions together to make room for new factions is true, then what else can be put together?

I just say it is the obvious choice if we take into consideration their lore and the size of their ranges. Does it have to be bad? I don't think so as long as they receive the same love as they would if they are separated, plus you have more options to play with.

If my CoS got souped with Stormcast I wouldn't be forced to purchase them/ play them. It would be bad if one of the factions vanishes and the other one gets all the love.

9 minutes ago, madmac said:

They lost their most powerful army rules, but the warscrolls shown are super-beefy. So less speed/momentum, more muscle and staying power.

More lore accurate then.

2 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Chaos got an unbelievable amount of special attention and the only way I see them squaring that circle is by hiking points up. 

It does seem like chaos knights are going way up in price. S2D might end up surprisingly budget to collect, given their spear head is a pretty big chunk of units.

I think the iron jaws look strong. Their subfaction ability seems like a very strong one. An 8 inch charge is 44% of charges, and is gonna be a higher percentage of actually happening charges.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

If what Nhezzil says about putting factions together to make room for new factions is true, then what else can be put together?

If this was truly the case, why have they chosen to fully split two factions that were previously souped?

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Elves, chaos units,... I don't care. Anything appart from Dwarfs. 

2 minutes ago, Snarff said:

If this was truly the case, why have they chosen to fully split two factions that were previously souped?

I am talking about the case that they are put together in the same BT (which is what I thought until I saw the message from the CM). If that happens, then more "souping" could easily come once they need to make room for brand new BTs. If that's the case, I would say Duardins have all the numbers.

5 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Elves, chaos units,... I don't care. Anything appart from Dwarfs. 

But that's your subjective POV. Give me an objective option that has more chances. I might be missing something that is more obvious.

3 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

Hopefully they don't end up just giving us an Orruk Warclans battletome with no BIg Waaagh, simultaneously disappointing people who want separate battletomes and the fans of orruk soup 😄

Think worst and you will be right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2