The Rumour Thread

48 minutes ago, Aphotic said:

Welp, Ironjawz nuked into absolute oblivion.

Smashing and Bashing gone.

MD is one unit once per turn and 3" only.

Entire army hits on 4's. Radukar will simply laugh at any attempt to kill him if his buff is up.

Bonus damage for units is on a dice roll.

Raise a pyre to their memory, lads and lasses.

You forgot MD only works starting the second turn of the game. Cant use it the turn you deployed your units. 

image.png.81b8c748729ef5446e9228b08a4b8bf2.png

I'm so disappointed by this preview. Iron jaws have been my primary army since I started, and are what drew me to the TGA community. We get a half page of battle traits, not even a full page spread like the other armies? Just two powers, one that you can use once a game in an AURA, (so your whole army can never WAAAGH unless perhaps megabosses allow you to chain the waaagh??), and the other that works once per turn on one unit. Yay... Warchanters now have to be in combat to have a chance to grant buffs, so no buffs round one, and with that 4 up save and no ward, I'm sure they'll last one solid round before being reduced to paste. Thier only hope is if AoS 4.0 allows characters to join infantry squads ala 40k 10th ed, but I haven't heard any evidence of that being the case. 

Sigh...I was so looking to break out the boys in green for the new edition, but right now, I guess they'll stay in their box and ill concentrate on my Vampires and Slaves to Darkness.  I know the Ironjaws are supposed to be the "simple to play" faction for beginners back from AoS's inception, but come on GW, throw us a bone here. 

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

But that's your subjective POV. Give me an objective option that has more chances. I might be missing something that is more obvious.

The term 'objective' really is not meaningful here considering that you're arguing from the subjective point of view that factions 'have to be souped to make room for more' in the first place.

Even though they are literally in the process of unsouping 2 factions as we speak.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Gothmaug said:

You forgot MD only works starting the second turn of the game. Cant use it the turn you deployed your units. 

I'm so disappointed by this preview. Iron jaws have been my primary army since I started, and are what drew me to the TGA community. We get a half page of battle traits, not even a full page spread like the other armies? Just two powers, one that you can use once a game in an AURA, (so your whole army can never WAAAGH unless perhaps megabosses allow you to chain the waaagh??), and the other that works once per turn on one unit. Yay... Warchanters now have to be in combat to have a chance to grant buffs, so no buffs round one, and with that 4 up save and no ward, I'm sure they'll last one solid round before being reduced to paste. Thier only hope is if AoS 4.0 allows characters to join infantry squads ala 40k 10th ed, but I haven't heard any evidence of that being the case. 

Sigh...I was so looking to break out the boys in green for the new edition, but right now, I guess they'll stay in their box and ill concentrate on my Vampires and Slaves to Darkness.  I know the Ironjaws are supposed to be the "simple to play" faction for beginners back from AoS's inception, but come on GW, throw us a bone here. 

Easy solution, when GorkaMorka fails you just have your Orruks convert to worshipping Chaos. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Snarff said:

The term 'objective' really is not meaningful here considering that you're arguing from the subjective point of view that factions 'have to be souped to make room for more' in the first place.

Even though they are literally in the process of unsouping 2 factions as we speak.

Considering that they are "souping" factions to make room in 40k, I wouldn't say it is subjective, but yeah. It started from a misunderstanding.

7 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Sigh...I was so looking to break out the boys in green for the new edition, but right now, I guess they'll stay in their box and I’ll concentrate on my Vampires and Slaves to Darkness.  I know the Ironjaws are supposed to be the "simple to play" faction for beginners back from AoS's inception, but come on GW, throw us a bone here. 

I’m not sure why you think warchanter need to be in combat . They have an ability in combat to gain additional D3 ritual point . But they can build ritual point like any other priest 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Chaos got an unbelievable amount of special attention and the only way I see them squaring that circle is by hiking points up. 

Yeah before Chaos Knights were fairly comparable with Blood Knights, but now... Whilst I would say Blood Knights are still good, Chaos Knights are seemingly (especially when marks and EotG is considered) in another league.

I wonder if Chaos Knights will be in the upper 200 points now, with Blood Knights sticking around in the lower 200s

9 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Lots of misreading going on here. Warchanters can still pray just like any other priest. They just get bonus ritual points if they kill something. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

Hopefully they don't end up just giving us an Orruk Warclans battletome with no BIg Waaagh, simultaneously disappointing people who want separate battletomes and the fans of orruk soup 😄

Worst case scenario is they do this to more factions and increase the cost of battletomes in the process.

So if you collect a particular army, you now have to buy a more expensive tome with most likely less narrative content overall and half the tome focusing on an army you might not care about in the first place.

Just now, Ejecutor said:

But that's your subjective POV. Give me an objective option that has more chances. I might be missing something that is more obvious.

It's impossible to make an objective argument based on production management without being part of GW production team.

I don't want any army to lose part of their book because they "need" to share half of it with another army. But if someone says that I must pick one, my completely biased opinion will be "anyone that is not a Duardin faction".

Imo, we should stop throwing arguments about this stuff. Only GW knows what will happen.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beliman said:

Imo, we should stop throwing arguments about this stuff. Only GW knows what will happen.

But it is the rumour thread! With no arguments being debated there's no thread, lolz.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Easy solution, when GorkaMorka fails you just have your Orruks convert to worshipping Chaos. 

I considered that a few years ago, My iron jaws are heavily sculpted/painted to resemble Warcraft Orks. I thought about getting a large  Mannaroth miniature 3d Printed, and use it as a stand in for Kragnos

Mannoroth Wow Figure 8K Print World of Warcraft 3d Printed Model Gift for  Gamer Wow Statue Handmade Gift Geschenk Skulptur - Etsy

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

11 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

I’m not sure why you think warchanter need to be in combat . They have an ability in combat to gain additional D3 ritual point . But they can build ritual point like any other priest 

Oh good. Well that alleviates a bit of stress. I didn't give the Priests preview a hard look, as my two primary armies (Soul blight and Ironjaws) didn't have any in 3rd edition. 

19 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

No, that's not how that works. The deployment of your units takes place prior to the first turn, not during it, and 'set up this turn' has a very specific meaning within the rules. It specifically addresses whatever versions of deep strike/flanking that units might have access to.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Aphotic said:

Once per turn (Army). Not any.

I don't play Gordrakk, and I've always considered requiring special characters for an army to function to be poor design. 

The 3" single unit move is a joke compared to army wide faction abilities. Losing Smashing and Bashing, Shouty on the Megas, and so on? It's a full on rewrite of the entire faction's playstyle.

You're misunderstanding the wording. Once per turn (Army) means that your army can only use the ability once per turn, i.e. only one unit can benefit from it. It then specifies *Any* hero phase for when it can be used, i.e. can be used in both players hero phases. 

Well I again return to the idea that IJ will be among the first factions to receive battletome in 4th ed. No spearhead, seemingly underwhelming rules, this strange souping on 'index' stage - everything is pointing out to get early IJ battletome.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

It's a terrible army ability, especially since they're basically making Ironjawz into a different faction.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

No, that's not how that works. The deployment of your units takes place prior to the first turn, not during it, and 'set up this turn' has a very specific meaning within the rules. It specifically addresses whatever versions of deep strike/flanking that units might have access to.

Oh Good, I'm glad im mistaken. 

I'm hoping the megabosses end up being able to grant multiple mighty destroyer uses, or perhaps allowing you to chain the WAAAGH aura beyong the initial 18" range. Seems Sad an entire ORRUK army can't waagh together, unless they're all wholly within a 36" diameter bubble. 

5 minutes ago, ArcLight said:

You're misunderstanding the wording. Once per turn (Army) means that your army can only use the ability once per turn, i.e. only one unit can benefit from it. It then specifies *Any* hero phase for when it can be used, i.e. can be used in both players hero phases. 

Does it really change the fact that the army abilities are not only unrecognizable, but also universally poor compared to essentially every faction but Slaanesh?

A single 3" move means the "alpha" army is no longer an "alpha" army and is a sub-par tank faction with no ward save to speak of.

Of note, my other AOS factions are Ogres and Maggotkin. Ogres at least seem like they'll be similar to the prior incarnation.

Just now, Grunbag said:

MD isn’t a move ability so it’s not locked with abilities or buff that requires to not have making a move previously . So it’s not bad . 

It's 1 3" move for one unit.

Other faction abilities impact every unit every turn.

Tahlia novel.

c5TK4D5XJz0EmBEd.jpg

Lioness of the Parch by Evan Dicken looks back at the early days of Tahlia’s illustrious career before she earned her epic epithet. The surprise loss of a well-defended fortress plunges her into a world of intrigue far removed from the battlefields she knows so well, and sees her matching wits with a Chaos Warlord who seems to know her every move – but luckily she has wit in abundance.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 4

4 minutes ago, Aphotic said:

It's 1 3" move for one unit.

Other faction abilities impact every unit every turn.

There is No move keyword isn’t it ? And potentially a 6 move as you can finish the move in combat so 3 MD + 3 pile in  

Edited by Grunbag

5 minutes ago, Ookami said:

Well I again return to the idea that IJ will be among the first factions to receive battletome in 4th ed. No spearhead, seemingly underwhelming rules, this strange souping on 'index' stage - everything is pointing out to get early IJ battletome.

I'll take that if we get some more new models! Would be nice. The new models in 3rd edition were a nice refresh to the army, and sorely needed to add some variety. Give me a wierdnob or warchanter on a Goregrunta, stick it in a spearhead box with 3 Goregruntas, a 10 man unit of ardboys, and perhaps some of the berserks to round it out to the appropriate points for spearhead play.