The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Vagard said:

More likely the 2nd one as no preview has been yet announced for the 13th I guess? 

I think they will announce it on the 5th or 6th of Agust once we have the contest finished. Results and when are those minis going to be previewed. Maybe even a little tease.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

While I agree, I would prefer for them something like what LOTR is getting lately. A monthly tease that is revealed after that month with the release of the new tease. Give them that and a chunk of the Monday models rotations rather than monopolizing the Monday minis for a while and then forget they exist.

More MESBG please. 

It's honestly one of the best GW systems they've ever made. Huge amount of fun and roleplaying. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

42 minutes ago, Peacaf said:

GW has pulled the warscroll builder website.

App 100% payment in 3, 2, 1 and 0 GW being disgusting for the 1000th time.

There's an article about it here with a quote from the guy who made it: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/06/24/farewell-to-warscroll-builder/

“The first release of Warhammer Age of Sigmar was a really community-driven event, because without points for the units everyone was coming together to work out how they could fairly play against each other. So I started working on a tool that would help me and my friends who were doing complicated points calculations, so we could start playing quicker, and it really took off.

“I still remember when Warhammer Community got in touch and wanted to collaborate – they’d loved the work I’d done, and as a result we got Warscroll Builder up on the website for everyone to use. Everyone was really helpful in getting it all working, and the feedback from the community with bug reports and feature suggestions made the tool what it is after all these years.

“I’m sad to stop developing it, it’s really my baby and I’ve been working on it for so long, but life has a way of just adding new stuff onto your plate all the time and I don’t have the bandwidth to continue developing it anymore. It’s been harder over these last couple of years already, and this seemed like the right time to step away.

“But everyone has been awesome, it’s been much more significant than I expected it would ever be, and I’m really proud of what it’s become. Going to tournaments and seeing people with Warscroll Builder printouts is amazing, and I feel really great about how the tool has helped the community. 

“From the very beginning this has been a great partnership, and I have nothing but great things to say about Games Workshop and the teams I worked with. The Warhammer community at large is awesome, and with their support, they really helped me continue to improve Warscroll Builder over the years. I’m very thankful to everyone who has helped keep this project going for almost a decade!”

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, Peacaf said:

GW has pulled the warscroll builder website.

App 100% payment in 3, 2, 1 and 0 GW being disgusting for the 1000th time.

The level of uninformed in your post... just feels like you shouted at a wall without reading beyond the title of the article

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

52 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Honestly, I think it wouldn't be that crazy if someone ask him to get access to the code so it can be continued.

Except since AoS has changed to a completely different army composition system I'd imagine it would have to be rewritten from scratch. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Honestly, I think it wouldn't be that crazy if someone ask him to get access to the code so it can be continued.

Except since AoS has changed to a completely different army composition system I'd imagine it would have to be rewritten from scratch. 

17 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

More MESBG please. 

It's honestly one of the best GW systems they've ever made. Huge amount of fun and roleplaying. 

The system hasn't changed all that much over nearly 20 years and there's a reason for that! It's so good and honestly one of the best games GW produce IMO

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BarakUrbaz said:

But still having a base (and the fan base) it would be better than nothing, IMO.

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The Seven Best Black Library Audiobooks to Build Skaventide To - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

Interesting. Those books that they think are better to be ready for take Skaventide.

05aHUhJm1GUuL3hI.jpg

Hollow King, Hallowed ground and Realmslayer are all good reads/ listens.

Currently listening to Darkoath atm and really, really enjoying it. Only further reinforces my need for a Darkoath army and also since it is set during the Vermindoom it is great while waiting for AoS4.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

But still having a base (and the fan base) it would be better than nothing, IMO.

If the base is incompatible with the new system you must redo everything so it doesn't matter.

2 hours ago, Snarff said:

It is for sure, and I don't think it's worth it. That's why I'm too lazy for it. I was just thinking that it would be interesting to have the data neatly summarized.

Although I agree it’s not worth it, I had a really boring day at work, so guess what I started doing…

I have so far counted all the New Model Mondays of 2024 and 2023, roughly half of 2022 and March and April for 2021. I have included preview teaser minis, commemorative minis and Tuesday reveals that happened when Monday was an holiday but I excluded everything else like, box reavels and HH Thursdays.

And here are the results :

AoS : 36

40K : 24

Necromunda : 29

Blood Bowl : 12

MESBG : 1

HH : 1

Underwolds : 1

Adeptus Titanicus : 2

Warcry : 3

So actually AoS got the most and while I am missing a period during which Necromunda and BB got many New Model Mondays, I am also missing the reveals for AoS 3rd edition.

I will try to finish the list tomorrow.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

The level of uninformed in your post... just feels like you shouted at a wall without reading beyond the title of the article

Innocents, GW has "helped and thanked" him for taking down his website.

This is part of the news: This doesn't mean you'll be without a handy way of creating your army lists—there's an all-new Warhammer Age of Sigmar app launching very soon. We'll have all the details on this tomorrow here on Warhammer Community. Stay tuned!

Know that means? Payment APP like the 40k one

• Confused 8

Just now, Periophtalmus said:

Although I agree it’s not worth it, I had a really boring day at work, so guess what I started doing…

I have so far counted all the New Model Mondays of 2024 and 2023, roughly half of 2022 and March and April for 2021. I have included preview teaser minis, commemorative minis and Tuesday reveals that happened when Monday was an holiday but I excluded everything else like, box reavels and HH Thursdays.

And here are the results :

AoS : 36

40K : 24

Necromunda : 29

Blood Bowl : 12

MESBG : 1

HH : 1

Underwolds : 1

Adeptus Titanicus : 2

Warcry : 3

So actually AoS got the most and while I am missing a period during which Necromunda and BB got many New Model Mondays, I am also missing the reveals for AoS 3rd edition.

I will try to finish the list tomorrow.

Thank you! I already suspected that it would not be nearly as Necromunda and Bloodbowl focused as it seems. It also feels like HH is underrepresented, but that's due to Heresy Thursdays.

I think part of why it feels like there is so little AoS is because of a combination of Necromunda being the same universe as 40K and it getting relatively many reveals, and because of Heresy Thursdays giving HH (also in the 40K universe) a LOT of attention. Bloodbowl is semi-fantasy but closer to TOW. Only Warcry and UW out of this list are set in the AoS universe. So overall there is a lack of focus on AoS and AoS-adjacent games.

2 minutes ago, Peacaf said:

This is part of the news: This doesn't mean you'll be without a handy way of creating your army lists—there's an all-new Warhammer Age of Sigmar app launching very soon. We'll have all the details on this tomorrow here on Warhammer Community. Stay tuned!

Or everyone will just keep using a certain other website. GW must know there’s a website that does a better job of organizing their information than they do. 

19 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Thank you! I already suspected that it would not be nearly as Necromunda and Bloodbowl focused as it seems. It also feels like HH is underrepresented, but that's due to Heresy Thursdays.

I think part of why it feels like there is so little AoS is because of a combination of Necromunda being the same universe as 40K and it getting relatively many reveals, and because of Heresy Thursdays giving HH (also in the 40K universe) a LOT of attention. Bloodbowl is semi-fantasy but closer to TOW. Only Warcry and UW out of this list are set in the AoS universe. So overall there is a lack of focus on AoS and AoS-adjacent games.

I hadn’t thought about it from an AoS-universe representation pov, you are making some very good points !

12 minutes ago, Peacaf said:

I have zero problems with paying for an app or subscribing to it. It just needs to be useable, exportable and as an bonus it would be great if they added something so you can track your battle.

A very big bonus would be PtG fully integrated in the app.

• Like 1

I think it would be nice if Warcom = 

1. Monday - ToW
  2. Tuesday - AoS
  3. Wednesday - MESBG/Secondary systems
  4. Thursday - HH
  5. Friday - 40k
  6. Saturday - Pre-orders
  7. Sunday - General Preview

With the Last Sunday of the month as a live Warhammer Preview show. I understand there might be resistance to that, as keeping people guessing what system might be shown on a Monday might mean more people clicking on Warcom to see.  I just think all 4 Warhammer settings are big and strong enough to have a dedicated day. Leaving Wednesday to mix it up. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I think it would be nice if Warcom = 

1. Monday - ToW
  2. Tuesday - AoS
  3. Wednesday - MESBG/Secondary systems
  4. Thursday - HH
  5. Friday - 40k
  6. Saturday - Pre-orders
  7. Sunday - General Preview

With the Last Sunday of the month as a live Warhammer Preview show. I understand there might be resistance to that, as keeping people guessing what system might be shown on a Monday might mean more people clicking on Warcom to see.  I just think all 4 Warhammer settings are big and strong enough to have a dedicated day. Leaving Wednesday to mix it up. 

I don't think any of the games have enough content to keep that up for any reasonable amount of time. Heresy Thursdays have not been a thing for a while anymore. TOW only has 3 armies released right now. AoS is in the pre-4th lull in terms of models. Only 40K gets enough releases to have a day dedicated to it every week, maybe. Dedicating entire days to a setting feels like it's going to be a lot of articles on some days, and barely any on others.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I don't think any of the games have enough content to keep that up for any reasonable amount of time. Heresy Thursdays have not been a thing for a while anymore. TOW only has 3 armies released right now. AoS is in the pre-4th lull in terms of models. Only 40K gets enough releases to have a day dedicated to it every week, maybe. Dedicating entire days to a setting feels like it's going to be a lot of articles on some days, and barely any on others.

I don't agree. My suggestion would require a complete shift in how models/lore and new info were shown and presented. Warcom posts multiple posts a day and I am not saying that a day should exclusively be for only one setting, but even with ToW, you also have Bloodbowl, FAQ, Rules, Total War News and so much more.  AoS has Warcry, Underworlds, Quest, Novels and Games.

With AoS on that schedule, you would aim for 50 Articles across a year. Just a single article/preview for each faction would cover 25 of them already! lol 

PS: I'd argue that Warcom already nearly puts out enough content for what I'm suggesting. Would just like to see some of a schedule to it. 

Edited by Hollow

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

The Seven Best Black Library Audiobooks to Build Skaventide To - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

Interesting. Those books that they think are better to be ready for take Skaventide.

05aHUhJm1GUuL3hI.jpg

Call me cynical, but my guess is none of those books have anything to do with Skaventide at all. There just seven relatively new AoS audio books they've decided to promote off the back of Skaventide hype.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Call me cynical, but my guess is none of those books have anything to do with Skaventide at all. There just seven relatively new AoS audio books they've decided to promote off the back of Skaventide hype.

At least the Darkoath one has a direct relation with the Skaventide.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I absolutely adore these new Necro Genestealers!! Giger Xeno-Stealers!!

Agreed @KingBrodd, these new Alastair genestealers have been a fascinating addition to both Necromunda and 40k lore as a whole. Personally I think they’d be a great base for a chaos army, but that’s just me.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

21 hours ago, Danaork said:

Nothing new about Malerion's Aelves in the core book's reviews ?

There is sort an indirect mention of him. In the book. Curently trying get the phyiscal passage but 

It told per perspective a Be'lakor cultist journel that Hanavar Toll raid and later destroy. Turn out the dark master is trying take control of the shadow demons (who again describe to have been born from mortal shadow and spiteful of the one who cast it) 

But now saying for now, the Shadow King rules in Ulgu and the leaders from all Thirteen Dominions

image.png.57d7151118111b683407c6939eefe633.png

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1