The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

There is sort an indirect mention of him. In the book. Curently trying get the phyiscal passage butΒ 

It told per perspective a Be'lakor cultist journel that Hanavar Toll raid and later destroy. Turn out the dark master is trying take control of the shadow demons (who again describe to have been born from mortal shadow and spiteful of the one who cast it)Β 

But now saying for now, the Shadow King rules in Ulgu and the leaders from all Thirteen Dominions

image.png.57d7151118111b683407c6939eefe633.png

Nice to see Lord Soth is still dimension hoppingΒ 

3 hours ago, Peacaf said:

Innocents, GW has "helped and thanked" him for taking down his website.

This is part of the news: This doesn't mean you'll be without a handy way of creating your army listsβ€”there's an all-new Warhammer Age of Sigmar app launching very soon. We'll have all the details on this tomorrow here on Warhammer Community. Stay tuned!

Know that means? Payment APP like the 40k one

Most probably. On 40k, you can't see warscrolls for armies where you don't have the codex.

While I assume everything will be free in index time, it'd be a huge shame for them to do that too for AoS once they start releasing battletomes.Β 

The amount of times I've started a new army by browsing warscrolls of other factions. It's regressive and frankly self-harming of GW to put warscrolls behind a paywallΒ 

• Like 7

On 6/20/2024 at 9:27 AM, Gareth πŸ„ said:

Games Workshop said it estimates its pre-tax profit for the year to June to be at least Β£200 million, up from Β£171 million the year prior.

GREAT for the employees but uh. I thought prices "had" to rise because inflation was hurting πŸ€”πŸ« 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tonhel said:

I have zero problems with paying for an app or subscribing to it. It just needs to be useable, exportable and as an bonus it would be great if they added something so you can trackΒ your battle.

A very big bonus would be PtG fully integrated in the app.

You had a website and an App to build lists practically for free and now you are going to have a paid App, a step backwards no matter how you look at it.

Just now, Peacaf said:

You had a website and an App to build lists practically for free and now you are going to have a paid App, a step backwards no matter how you look at it.

Pretty sure you can still list build for free in the β€œpay walled” 40k APP.

in fact I’m willing to bet the AoS app keeps most of its functionality without payment.

warscrolls have always been free in AoS and never in 40k

Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

There is sort an indirect mention of him. In the book. Curently trying get the phyiscal passage butΒ 

It told per perspective a Be'lakor cultist journel that Hanavar Toll raid and later destroy. Turn out the dark master is trying take control of the shadow demons (who again describe to have been born from mortal shadow and spiteful of the one who cast it)Β 

But now saying for now, the Shadow King rules in Ulgu and the leaders from all Thirteen Dominions

image.png.57d7151118111b683407c6939eefe633.png

Give me those pumped up, armoured shadow aelves!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peacaf said:

Maybe, but let us just wait and see.

Does anyone have access to digital scans/rewrites of the Spearhead Battle Tactic cards? The box only comes with a single set, so if you end up splitting it, you both end up with only half of the cards you need to play.

39 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Does anyone have access to digital scans/rewrites of the Spearhead Battle Tactic cards? The box only comes with a single set, so if you end up splitting it, you both end up with only half of the cards you need to play.

they were available in a google drive but the access has been restrained since, I would be happy to get them as well if someone had the time to download themΒ 

5 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

Call me cynical, but my guess is none of those books have anything to do with Skaventide at all. There just seven relatively new AoS audio books they've decided to promote off the back of Skaventide hype.

I love black library books but you’re not being nearly cynical enough. These are the exact 7 books that also have a miniature you can buy. There are black library AoS books which actually feature Skaven which aren’t listed here.Β 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

Call me cynical, but my guess is none of those books have anything to do with Skaventide at all. There just seven relatively new AoS audio books they've decided to promote off the back of Skaventide hype.

Darkoath takes place after Vermindoom began and is set in Aqshy. The story is directly connected to what is happening from a Chaos perspective and involved both Darkoath and Skaven from the beginning.

It's been pretty cool so far seeing some of the effects it is causing.

welp i try and my source gave me this if you squint your eyes you see the beginning of the Be'lakor cultist dude i mention above

image.png.55cc53cdd632f42dd0d33b218f9a4414.png

11 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I love black library books but you’re not being nearly cynical enough. These are the exact 7 books that also have a miniature you can buy. There are black library AoS books which actually feature Skaven which aren’t listed here.Β 

Hell it not even that hard to catch up on the Vermindoom just read:

• Realmslayer
  • Soul Wars
  • Darkoath
  • Hamilcar Champion of the gods
  • Blacktalon
  • Realmslayer

these book give you the best info on both the skaven, the stormcast reforging crisis & the state of the realm they're in. They could even have added all the good skaven short stories likeΒ No Honor Among Vermin the Abomination of Krik Weirdpaw, and The Unlamented Archpustulent of Clan Morbidus

adding the Chronicle of the Wanderer is just weird because that model is going to legends so why advertise itΒ 

• Like 1

To enjoy Skaventide you can try out the following books:

Blacktalon by Liane Merciel
Horus Rising by Dan Abnett
Redwall by Brian Jacques
Elric of MelnibonΓ© by Michael MoorcockΒ 
Tower of the Elephant byΒ Robert E. Howard
and Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

adding the Chronicle of the Wanderer is just weird because that model is going to legends so why advertise itΒ 

Legends have a habit of...returning.Β 

15 hours ago, Hollow said:

I fully expect Chorfs for AoS, (& Emperors Children for 40k) to drop in 2025. 2025 does not feature the summer launch of a new edition of either 40k or AoS. There will be significant releases for both systems to make up the shortfall. (I expect we will see new stuff for both HH and ToW as well as other games, I wouldn't be surprised to see a new box for Quest 40k)Β 

Β 

If we get new HH, chorfs and EC next year I should probably start saving now! Ruinously expensive trio of bankruptcy ahoy!

16 hours ago, Hollow said:

I fully expect Chorfs for AoS, (& Emperors Children for 40k) to drop in 2025. 2025 does not feature the summer launch of a new edition of either 40k or AoS. There will be significant releases for both systems to make up the shortfall. (I expect we will see new stuff for both HH and ToW as well as other games, I wouldn't be surprised to see a new box for Quest 40k)Β 

Β 

I hope you’re right, because so far the monotheistic CSM legions and their demon primarchs have had an habit of releasing mostly at the end of their edition. For every DG that was the opening bad guys of their edition, there’s been a World Eaters and TS who released just before a new edition would drop.Β 

I think Chorfs for 2025 is very plausible because GW is heavily teasing them right out the gates of AoS4, but it’ll be a very welcome surprise if EC release the same year as them and not in the 10th end of edition campaign.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mutton said:

The box comes with two decks of Spearhead battle tactics.

14 hours ago, Hollow said:

I don't agree. My suggestion would require a complete shift in how models/lore and new info were shown and presented. Warcom posts multiple posts a day and I am not saying that a day should exclusively be for only one setting, but even with ToW, you also have Bloodbowl, FAQ, Rules, Total War News and so much more.Β  AoS has Warcry, Underworlds, Quest, Novels and Games.

With AoS on that schedule, you would aim for 50 Articles across a year. Just a single article/preview for each faction would cover 25 of them already! lolΒ 

Β 

PS: I'd argue that Warcom already nearly puts out enough content for what I'm suggesting. Would just like to see some of a schedule to it.Β 

They won't do a schedule for the reason you suggested yourself - people interested in only one system would only visit the site on the day for that system. They want people visiting as often as possible.Β