The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Anything interesting about kragnos ?

Not really, they give you an overall view of Ghur, the necroquacke, the third edition with lifequake and even mention stuff like Gnarlwood. Kragnos itself is probably around a third of the time and they just explain what we all know.

7 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

"wait I have to pay to be able to see the rules?"

I don't think I have ever heard that statement in real life. Only ever seen it online. Even the concept of "free rules" is not something that people are aware of if they aren't aware of wargaming in general. Also... there is free rules. Basic, yes. But there has been free rules for years. 

I suppose I look at the increase in numbers and think about who is subbing because they are subbing. 

Fundamentally though, the true success (or not) of Warhammer + won't be seen for several years. I think the entire thing was done as a proof of concept, which has led to the current creative discussions with Amazon Prime. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hollow said:

I don't think I have ever heard that statement in real life. Only ever seen it online. Even the concept of "free rules" is not something that people are aware of if they aren't aware of wargaming in general. Also... there is free rules. Basic, yes. But there has been free rules for years. 

I suppose I look at the increase in numbers and think about who is subbing because they are subbing. 

Fundamentally though, the true success (or not) of Warhammer + won't be seen for several years. I think the entire thing was done as a proof of concept, which has led to the current creative discussions with Amazon Prime. 

Yeah GW always put the rules bit of the core book for free in their downloads site.

2 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I'm very much wondering if this means Battletome + Unit instead of Battletome + Hero releases for some armies in 4th. Not every army needs more than a hero, but getting an entire unit is a lot less painful than just getting a hero for the entire edition.

It would be a weird surprise considering that 40k still goes with that hero approach, but it is true we are receiving a big number of RE that look like units. On top of that we are still hanging on a decent number of RE from the Christmas period, which is weird as they are normally resolved quite early.

Could they be from Warcry or UW rather than units for AoS?

Just now, Ejecutor said:

It would be a weird surprise considering that 40k still goes with that hero approach, but it is true we are receiving a big number of RE that look like units. On top of that we are still hanging on a decent number of RE from the Christmas period, which is weird as they are normally resolved quite early.

Could they be from Warcry or UW rather than units for AoS?

Could definitely be Warcry too. Just like the Hunters of Huanchi, Darkoath, Riverblades, Gorgers etc. they can release entire units for Warcry to use in AoS.

Give me more Warcry GW you cowards. Further improve on your best system, I dare you.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I'm very much wondering if this means Battletome + Unit instead of Battletome + Hero releases for some armies in 4th. Not every army needs more than a hero, but getting an entire unit is a lot less painful than just getting a hero for the entire edition.

Also AoS already has alot of heroes compared to other types. Just going by the webstore categories we have 282 heroes compared to 201 units and 106 monsters.

40k isn't as bad with only 270 characters so less than AoS heroes while having nearly double the number of miniature kits than AoS.

AoS has 525 kits so over half are heroes, meanwhile 40k has 879 kits so only a third are characters

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Does someone know if leviathan terrains have been released? And if so, when? 

@Elarin do you have any clue about terrains for V4? 

What do you mean by Leviathan terrains? The Leviathan box didn't have scenery. Do you mean the start here boxes? If so, the answer is yes: Battlezone: Fronteris – STC Hab-Bunker and Stockades (warhammer.com), but looking at it being called Battlezone: Fronteris I would say it is old terrain.

Edited by Ejecutor

3 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Also AoS already has alot of heroes compared to other types. Just going by the webstore categories we have 282 heroes compared to 201 units and 106 monsters.

40k isn't as bad with only 270 characters so less than AoS heroes while having nearly double the number of miniature kits than AoS.

AoS has 525 kits so over half are heroes, meanwhile 40k has 879 kits so only a third are characters

I love this kind of chat. (find it interesting

So much so that I became frustrated that GW lists multi-build kits as different listings on their site. It gives a skewed idea of how many actual, physical kits there are for each faction.

I put together this generic "faction support" template. 

image.jpeg.ed91db1d87e296a51636b0cd771dc208.jpeg

The Faction Battletome/Index is on the left in the large rectangle. 20 slots for Hero/Character kits, 20 for unit kits and 5 further "support" boxes in Faction Terrain, Spells, Warcry, Underworlds and Spearhead representation. 

A red border shows a multi-build kit that can be made as either a "Unit" or as a "Hero" (I still count them as a singular kit though) The Yellow Border shows the kit has multiple Hero build options (but is again counted as a singular kit) and the blue border shows a Unit kit with multiple build options (counted as a single kit).

The red circle with a cross through it means that the kit is no longer available. This is how the 9 Factions across Grand Alliance Order currently stand in real, physical kits support. 

image.jpeg.3d948820403b75f53d8783178983d1e5.jpeg

image.jpeg.4c8ec12a1d50867e6cdc8a9d1c6dc870.jpeg

image.jpeg.5eec33b344fe73d37737193c4f6ff8c6.jpeg

image.jpeg.325c30a5fe5c17ef006349b5c1d7c1d3.jpeg

image.jpeg.40d606996e8e4ea58cb889beb4e3024d.jpeg

image.jpeg.465f64074374eae78b140338bc26ba31.jpeg

image.jpeg.88c79af42d39b4c3b363850d09cadb5b.jpeg image.jpeg.4dbf347b6c45538ee5703d9311649f57.jpeg

image.jpeg

When factions are laid out in this way I find it highlights growing weaknesses (in terms of kit support) pretty well. I also think it shows that some factions are actually better supported than some people think, and others are not as supported than they might believe. 

Sorry for the insanely long post. Currently putting "lists" for Death, Destruction and Chaos and will make a new thread to discuss. 

I do think (and hope) that 4th will see more "more than just a hero" releases to plug the gaps in faction ranges and try and bring them more in line with each other.

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 24
  • LOVE IT! 3

10 minutes ago, Hollow said:

So much so that I became frustrated that GW lists multi-build kits as different listings on their site. It gives a skewed idea of how many actual, physical kits there are for each faction.

The Faction Battletome/Index is on the left in the large rectangle. 20 slots for Hero/Character kits, 20 for unit kits and 5 further "support" boxes in Faction Terrain, Spells, Warcry, Underworlds and Spearhead representation. 

A red border shows a multi-build kit that can be made as either a "Unit" or as a "Hero" (I still count them as a singular kit though) The Yellow Border shows the kit has multiple Hero build options (but is again counted as a singular kit) and the blue border shows a Unit kit with multiple build options (counted as a single kit).

The red circle with a cross through it means that the kit is no longer available. This is how the 9 Factions across Grand Alliance Order currently stand in real, physical kits support. 

image.jpeg.eae3847c46b25ae45a5053c47de208c0.jpeg

image.jpeg.b6117139c0b960c37f8006d93a1804a1.jpeg

image.jpeg.88c79af42d39b4c3b363850d09cadb5b.jpeg

image.jpeg.4dbf347b6c45538ee5703d9311649f57.jpeg

image.jpeg.dcc822ea5c3b0c66145f7f8ef13d4b5b.jpeg

image.jpeg

When factions are laid out in this way I find it highlights growing weaknesses (in terms of kit support) pretty well. I also think it shows that some factions are actually better supported than some people think, and others are not as supported than they might believe. 

Sorry for the insanely long post. Currently putting "lists" for Death, Destruction and Chaos and will make a new thread to discuss. 

I do think (and hope) that 4th will see more "more than just a hero" releases to plug the gaps in faction ranges and try and bring them more in line with each other. 

Great! Thanks for that. Really nice overview.

What about multiple Warcry/Underworld kits?

I think you missed the Branchwych for Sylvaneth. And Hunters should be blue framed?

Edited by Xil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hollow said:

image.jpeg.eae3847c46b25ae45a5053c47de208c0.jpeg

image.jpeg.b6117139c0b960c37f8006d93a1804a1.jpeg

image.jpeg.88c79af42d39b4c3b363850d09cadb5b.jpeg

image.jpeg.4dbf347b6c45538ee5703d9311649f57.jpeg

image.jpeg.dcc822ea5c3b0c66145f7f8ef13d4b5b.jpeg

image.jpeg

Pretty interesting. Also, it is curious that the SCE still have a Sequitors UW warband!