The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, AquaRegis said:

Lumineth are the AOS version of the WHFB High Elves, with a direct and stated continuation in the lore. Going out and fighting darkness to save the "lesser races" was exactly what the High Elves did, except now they march out from Hysh instead of Ulthuan. 

Have you read the lore for Lumineth? The sole reason the Hyshian society is the way it is right now is because of the shattering where Elven civilisation collapsed dur to thier society being corrupted within. 

How have they replaced the Stormcast in the lore when they don't work for Sigmar, or have particularly good relations with other Order factions? Stormcast recruit/live alongside order factions or are on pretty good terms. LRL go out of thier way to help Order, however it's always done on thier terms and if they need to sacrifice a town of Sigmarites to stop a demon invasion then so be it. This isn't theory, this is directly stated multiple times in the lore. 

Lumineth has more in common with the Tau than with the High Elves.

As far as I remember , H.E.in the old world they didnt have re-education schools for the other races in the purest sect style.

• Like 1

There are 23237 tokens to be given away with Skaventide. Aside from being an oddly specific number it's interesting that it's about 2/3 of the number of Dominion tokens. It wouldn't surprise me if they made 2/3 of the number of sets overall. If the rumours about Dominion are true, that would mean 80,000 sets in total. 

• Like 1

We ordered a lot less compared to Dominion and all the other independent retailers that I'm in groups with also ordered significantly less this time around. We got burned pretty hard by Dominion only selling our last box from the initial run this April. 

I think one or the main issues with Skaventide is that a lot of people aren't doubling up on their box purchases. I don't know if it's the price point or people not wanting to end up with a lot of duplicate characters or what but it's pretty noticeable. 

• Like 1

I have a local store that doesn't do preorders so I will show up and maybe buy one on launch day. I feel a little hesitant due to cost and space issues. But also I really love the Stormcast models and might be able to part with the skaven if I can find someone willing to trade for some Cities of Sigmar models.

I don't think I should do it but if I made responsible financial decisions I sure wouldn't be playing Warhammer. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

We ordered a lot less compared to Dominion and all the other independent retailers that I'm in groups with also ordered significantly less this time around. We got burned pretty hard by Dominion only selling our last box from the initial run this April. 

I think one or the main issues with Skaventide is that a lot of people aren't doubling up on their box purchases. I don't know if it's the price point or people not wanting to end up with a lot of duplicate characters or what but it's pretty noticeable. 

I think there's a lot of value tied up in the spearhead content too. It's an entire extra hardback book, cards and board that aren't usually included. Also plastic scenery that isn't usually there.

I think if it were just skaven, stormcast and rulebook it'd be more doable to grab two. As it is, there's a lot of paperwork that'd need to be sold off/ swapped. 

However, skaven are a lot more popular than kruleboyz were/ are. Gw definitely overproduced it but that was a knee ****** from the indomitus debacle. Guess we'll see how skaventide does!

Good luck with your sales.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 01rtb01 said:

I think there's a lot of value tied up in the spearhead content too. It's an entire extra hardback book, cards and board that aren't usually included. Also plastic scenery that isn't usually there.

I think if it were just skaven, stormcast and rulebook it'd be more doable to grab two. As it is, there's a lot of paperwork that'd need to be sold off/ swapped. 

However, skaven are a lot more popular than kruleboyz were/ are. Gw definitely overproduced it but that was a knee ****** from the indomitus debacle. Guess we'll see how skaventide does!

Based on the FB trading group in my country a lot of people are interested in the Spearhead content only + the Core Rules, so it should be reasonably easy to sell.

I’ve already “ordered” exactly these elements (+terrain).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chikout said:

There are 23237 tokens to be given away with Skaventide. Aside from being an oddly specific number it's interesting that it's about 2/3 of the number of Dominion tokens. It wouldn't surprise me if they made 2/3 of the number of sets overall. If the rumours about Dominion are true, that would mean 80,000 sets in total. 

I can confirm that webstore exclusive gadgets were 32.000 for Dominion and 50.000 for Leviathan.

3 hours ago, 01rtb01 said:

Also, you can always buy two between two players and still you won't need to sell off those bits. I think it is perfect to buy two and share the other army with a friend.

5 hours ago, DinoJon said:

I would say both of those are big factors. Or rather both the contents of the box and the price are a major hedge against buying multiple copies.

For the Stormcast side only like two units are worth doubling up on, you absolutely don't need 20 Liberators or duplicate heroes. For the Skaven side you probably don't want 80 clanrats upfront either though it's still a bit more repeatable than the SC side.

On top of that the box comes with 2 big rule books, a board, terrain etc that you definitely don't need multiple of. And the price even with discounts is very high.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sprues&Brews said:

Our full review of the General's Handbook 2024 is live! We check out the new book which is up for pre order next Saturday!

https://spruesandbrews.com/2024/06/29/generals-handbook-2024-2025-review-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-4th-edition/

So, the Incarnate presumably is still pretty strong but becomes exceptional at hunting manifestations? Sounds like a useful tool to have. 

Sadly I had a big bill come in last week (although I’m glad it came in before I brought Skaventide) so here’s me hoping it’s still available in a few months time, which is a gamble because I think it’s the best launch box they’ve done for AoS or 40k.

That said I’m going to need you all to paint your models when they arrive in a couple of weeks so I can live through you 😅

• Haha 1