The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Wait, is this "leak" claiming there will be no post-Skaventide release wave with books? Because if it is we know automatically it is BS. I guess it could mean we have had leaks of what we are getting I guess?

I interpreted that as "because the whole contents have already leaked".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Wait, is this "leak" claiming there will be no post-Skaventide release wave with books? Because if it is we know automatically it is BS. I guess it could mean we have had leaks of what we are getting I guess?

I took it as meaning that most of it is "out there" in the sense that it's either been revealed or leaked by others.
Might be giving them too much credit though :D

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Another 4chan "leak", courtesy of some guy in a FB group I'm in.

If I had a Cities wave for every fake list that had one...

Hide contents

Sup

GW is trying to catch up on some stuff that was intended for AoS 3rd right now, so the releases will be a bit heavier than usual. Expect more mini waves than single mini releases.

Basically all of the Stormcast and Skaven stuff is already out there, so after that we’ll have:
Warclans and Nighthaunt will be the first BTs in Fall
• Orruk Warclans is still one Battletome. Ironjawz Spearhead is coming. Only new mini is a Hobgrot Chieftain
• Nighthaunt will have a Harridan Warder

After those, we’ll have Idoneth as this year’s Christmas announcement, with:
• Akhelian High-Lochian
• Akhelian Knights
• Shoalherd
• Endless Spells
And Soulblight following after with:
• Wight King’s Court
• Grave Guard
• Corpse Cart
• Endless Spells
Idoneth are supposed to be coming early Winter and Soulblight February-March

Spring will bring the first „bigger” release of the edition with Cities of Sigmar, with:
• Freeguild Marshal on Gryph-
• Freeguild Bombardier-Major
• Botanite Apothecary
• Lector Unberogen
• Devoted Acolytes
• Outstrider Cogfort
• Dispossessed Gearwalker
• Dispossessed Clan-Tinker
• Dispossessed Ironclads
• Dispossessed Drakegunners
• Highscryer Outpost
• Endless Spells

First Chaos Dwarf teaser on April 1st

Late Spring will have:
Seraphon:
• Temple Guard
• Endless Spells
Slaves to Darkness:
• Manticore
• Chaos Lord
• Chaos Sorcerer

The CoS list:

Amazon.com: Why Can't You Be Real ? : Byron Stingily & Danny Tenaglia:  Digital Music

A Dwarven/Ironweld box in the same vein as the Darkoath would be awesome

• Like 1

The funny thing about 'leaks' like this is how remarkably precise they are with unit names. There's nothing like 'some sort of elite unit with big swords' or 'a guy described as having a flaming sun on a pole' or 'new anti-monster unit in heavy armour' or whatever random scraps of info we usually get from peoples' glances or second-hand information that's filtered through. A clipped list of specific unit names without a single scrap of other info about them seems deeply suspect to me.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

The funny thing about 'leaks' like this is how remarkably precise they are with unit names. There's nothing like 'some sort of elite unit with big swords' or 'a guy described as having a flaming sun on a pole' or 'new anti-monster unit in heavy armour' or whatever random scraps of info we usually get from peoples' glances or second-hand information that's filtered through. A clipped list of specific unit names without a single scrap of other info about them seems deeply suspect to me.

Or, on the plus side, very very easy to verify/discredit. This will be extremely easy to confirm/deny come fall.

• Like 5

We know that there are more Skaven and Stormcast coming because whichever faction wins the Battle of Helcrown will get an early reveal of all the future releases coming with their battletome.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/06/10/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-global-battle-take-part-in-the-slaughter-at-hel-crown/

Those unit names in the leak are oddly specific and I can definitely see GW trying to play catch up from all the delays and snafus that impacted 3rd editions release cycle. 

Edit: Just reviewed the list. Chaos Dwarfs reveal is listed for April Fool's day. This could be a callback to the Leagues of Votann reveal or an educated guess on the leaker's part. 

Edited by Star Weaver
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Another 4chan "leak", courtesy of some guy in a FB group I'm in.

If I had a Cities wave for every fake list that had one...

Hide contents

Sup

GW is trying to catch up on some stuff that was intended for AoS 3rd right now, so the releases will be a bit heavier than usual. Expect more mini waves than single mini releases.

Basically all of the Stormcast and Skaven stuff is already out there, so after that we’ll have:
Warclans and Nighthaunt will be the first BTs in Fall
• Orruk Warclans is still one Battletome. Ironjawz Spearhead is coming. Only new mini is a Hobgrot Chieftain
• Nighthaunt will have a Harridan Warder

After those, we’ll have Idoneth as this year’s Christmas announcement, with:
• Akhelian High-Lochian
• Akhelian Knights
• Shoalherd
• Endless Spells
And Soulblight following after with:
• Wight King’s Court
• Grave Guard
• Corpse Cart
• Endless Spells
Idoneth are supposed to be coming early Winter and Soulblight February-March

Spring will bring the first „bigger” release of the edition with Cities of Sigmar, with:
• Freeguild Marshal on Gryph-
• Freeguild Bombardier-Major
• Botanite Apothecary
• Lector Unberogen
• Devoted Acolytes
• Outstrider Cogfort
• Dispossessed Gearwalker
• Dispossessed Clan-Tinker
• Dispossessed Ironclads
• Dispossessed Drakegunners
• Highscryer Outpost
• Endless Spells

First Chaos Dwarf teaser on April 1st

Late Spring will have:
Seraphon:
• Temple Guard
• Endless Spells
Slaves to Darkness:
• Manticore
• Chaos Lord
• Chaos Sorcerer

Sounds quite solid in all the names and order of the releases. The only thing that doesn't sound right to me is the Marshall on Gryph. I doubt we will still have one, but if this is true, we will have an awesome AoS edition and particularly good for me as CoS collector 😍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goatforce said:

I got it as what we had leaked is all, but it is true that the first statement is quite weird.

35 minutes ago, Amenephis said:

Or, on the plus side, very very easy to verify/discredit. This will be extremely easy to confirm/deny come fall.

This looks to me as either a good leak or a 'I want my 10 seconds of fame' leak that is putting together what we could expect (info from rumours, RE, expected armies getting early BTs...) and throwing some plausible names into it.

6 minutes ago, Amenephis said:

The lack of Temple Guard resculpts is the entire reason I'm wholly ignoring Lizardmen right now.

I suspect they're coming due to how there was exactly one photo of the current models in the last Seraphon book and they were hidden in the crease of a double page spread. They did not even appear in the model showcase pages. 

If there were no new models coming one would think the current ones would have been shown alongside the Slann as you rarely see one without the other in the lore and previous battletomes and photos.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

This looks to me as either a good leak or a 'I want my 10 seconds of fame' leak that is putting together what we could expect (info from rumours, RE, expected armies getting early BTs...) and throwing some plausible names into it.

Exactly, but the specificity of the names is both its greatest strength and its greatest weakness.

That said, I certainly wouldn't say no to a release-rich edition, especially after the relative shitshow that was third.

• Like 1