The Rumour Thread

Btw, bad news guys. Apparently all the Underworlds bands (and I mean ALL) have been removed from the indexes. This gives more credit, IMO, to the rumours about them wanting to separate sales from different games/ studios, and even worse, about the rumours of UW disappearing if the sales are not good.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, bad news guys. Apparently all the Underworlds bands (and I mean ALL) have been removed from the indexes. This gives more credit, IMO, to the rumours about them wanting to separate sales from different games/ studios, and even worse, about the rumours of UW disappearing if the sales are not good.

That rumour about UW disappearing was paired with a lot of other questionable-at-best rumours right?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Freemeta said:

good point is we can use them as alternate miniatures for our units

Yeah, and collectors like me will always buy them, but the sales will be lower for sure, IMO. I hope it doesn't disappear, even if sales go low, as it is such a nice open gate for creativity and exploration.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Asbestress said:

Another 4chan "leak", courtesy of some guy in a FB group I'm in.

If I had a Cities wave for every fake list that had one...

Hide contents

Sup

GW is trying to catch up on some stuff that was intended for AoS 3rd right now, so the releases will be a bit heavier than usual. Expect more mini waves than single mini releases.

Basically all of the Stormcast and Skaven stuff is already out there, so after that we’ll have:
Warclans and Nighthaunt will be the first BTs in Fall
• Orruk Warclans is still one Battletome. Ironjawz Spearhead is coming. Only new mini is a Hobgrot Chieftain
• Nighthaunt will have a Harridan Warder

After those, we’ll have Idoneth as this year’s Christmas announcement, with:
• Akhelian High-Lochian
• Akhelian Knights
• Shoalherd
• Endless Spells
And Soulblight following after with:
• Wight King’s Court
• Grave Guard
• Corpse Cart
• Endless Spells
Idoneth are supposed to be coming early Winter and Soulblight February-March

Spring will bring the first „bigger” release of the edition with Cities of Sigmar, with:
• Freeguild Marshal on Gryph-
• Freeguild Bombardier-Major
• Botanite Apothecary
• Lector Unberogen
• Devoted Acolytes
• Outstrider Cogfort
• Dispossessed Gearwalker
• Dispossessed Clan-Tinker
• Dispossessed Ironclads
• Dispossessed Drakegunners
• Highscryer Outpost
• Endless Spells

First Chaos Dwarf teaser on April 1st

Late Spring will have:
Seraphon:
• Temple Guard
• Endless Spells
Slaves to Darkness:
• Manticore
• Chaos Lord
• Chaos Sorcerer

Oh my god. hahahaha

It is one of the worst fake leaks I had even read.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Oh my god. hahahaha

It feels like a wishlist of the most common things people are asking for.

And I absolutely CANNOT imagine a wave that big for CoS this fast after they got their last one. That's a 12-kit expansion. Also CoS endless spells is not something I'm expecting. CoS seems like a perfect candidate to keep using the 'generic' endless spells with how customizable and 'your dudes' the army is supposed to be.

Releasing ANOTHER huge CoS wave when their last wave was already bigger than some other armies, while at the same time only giving Kruleboyz 1 hero and Idoneth 3 kits would feel REALLY bad. Kruleboyz is a fully separate army now so they should be getting a proper expansion, and IDK has not had a real expansion since they were introduced in 1st. Not even to mention more kits for Seraphon and StD, who also both had huge focus in 3rd.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Snarff said:

It feels like a wishlist of the most common things people are asking for.

And I absolutely CANNOT imagine a wave that big for CoS this fast after they got their last one. That's a 12-kit expansion. Also CoS endless spells is not something I'm expecting. CoS seems like a perfect candidate to keep using the 'generic' endless spells with how customizable and 'your dudes' the army is supposed to be.

Releasing ANOTHER huge CoS wave when their last wave was already bigger than some other armies, while at the same time only giving Kruleboyz 1 hero and Idoneth 3 kits would feel REALLY bad. Kruleboyz is a fully separate army now so they should be getting a proper expansion, and IDK has not had a real expansion since they were introduced in 1st. Not even to mention more kits for Seraphon and StD, who also both had huge focus in 3rd.

The only case where I see such a big wave happening would be if they were massive sales success, which I am not fully sure about. As I still see army boxes for sale around. If they were such a big hit, then they could see a LRL treatment getting two big waves one next after the other in a short period of time.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The only case where I see such a big wave happening would be if they were massive sales success

They can't respond to sales that fast. If there's another wave coming, the minis would have been designed more than a year ago already.

LRL in 2 waves also had to be planned like that (though covid probably messed the plans up quite a bit there).

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Snarff said:

They can't respond to sales that fast. If there's another wave coming, the minis would have been designed more than a year ago already.

LRL in 2 waves also had to be planned like that (though covid probably messed the plans up quite a bit there).

LRL wasn't mean to be two waves, covid made it into two.  that's the whole reason why it got two battletomes (or the 1st with the optional expansion in BR: Teclis).

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

It really doesn't surprise me that Underworlds warbands are going to be legends only. Ruleswise they occupy an awkward spot in the battletome, especially with their general availability.

Kruleboyz spell lore include mystic shield , It is one of the few armies than can stack +1 save easly

Looks like the monster focused formation gives companion weapons crit (2 hits)

Looks like pebble might be a 5+ ward for one phase rather than just one enemy shooting phase

Monsta Killaz still 3 attacks 4/3/-1/1 with now anti monster (rend)

Skumdrekk in deployment phase gives a hobgrot unit within 3” of it crit (mortals) now 

killaboss on vulcha got the old ogor monster damage on charge : Roll dice equal to charge roll, each 4+ is mortal

Edited by Grunbag
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

What about Warcry?

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Utterly unsurprising. Especially because I'm one-third of the way through painting the Thricefold Discord. 

But it doesn't really matter. They're just gorgeous models to have. And, as has been said, they can easily 'counts as' for other things. 

Just now, Marcvs said:

If I understood correctly the legended Stormcast are straight away separated from the rest of SCE (a different index), making them a different army. Of course this only matters for a year but it's still not great imho.

GW flat-out said in no uncertain terms that they are getting a separate "book", insofar as the downloads are concerned.

4 minutes ago, Amenephis said:

GW flat-out said in no uncertain terms that they are getting a separate "book", insofar as the downloads are concerned.

Yes you're right, I went back to check the article. I just thought they would still be under the same allegiance (i.e. army)

40 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

If I understood correctly the legended Stormcast are straight away separated from the rest of SCE (a different index), making them a different army. Of course this only matters for a year but it's still not great imho.

Yeah. Sacrosanct has its own index.

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Oh my god. hahahaha

Yes , we already know that at least 9 kits are coming for Skaven as second wave and probably 7-8 kits for Stormcast ruination chamber based on post Domionion release.

Orruk warclans are probably one of first battletome because it’s the oldest one together with SCE .

CoS second wave is coming for sure but that list seem way to big !!

Chorfs are coming for sure and We all know from Rob THW/Whitefang !

After 24hrs from preorder Skaventide is not sold out : was it expected? 

Edited by cyrus

6 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Orruk warclans are probably one of first battletome because it’s the oldest one together with SCE .

Well, this means absolutely nothing; if it did, then the release order would essentially never change.  GW does not care in the slightest how old their products are.

• Like 1