The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

We had some Street of Death rules (maybe 2nd or 3rd GHB?). I remember that units could garrison houses, throw bricks, travel using sewers and bonus to fight withing small alleys and stuff like that.

I'm all for another round of urban combat, it was so fun and I hope to see again with 4th AoS rules.

Jesus I miss when GHBs had fun stuff like this in them. Or even the game in general had fun stuff like this made for it. Now it's all competitive this, balance that, metawatch, % winrates, tier lists...

This wasn't even that long ago. It's shocking how hard and how fast both AoS and 40k have pivoted in their design and release philosophy, and community reception.

Edited by Mortal Wound
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Mortal Wound said:

Seems the book will be Skaventide-exclusive, but all content within it should be available in digital download within the Spearhead rulespack and faction packs.

But it creates a bad precedent, IMO. Considering how GW prices both scenery and cardboard/ paper this box could go nuts in price, with its implications for any future realm release.

Well yeah, I didn't say it's a good decision or that I like it 😛 I'm actually dreading the pricing of the Spearhead pack once Skaventide goes away, or hypothetical future Spearhead packs with different realm rules.  It has the potential to become a big barrier of entry for what is supposed to be an accessible and newbie friendly game mode.

I was planning to get multiples of the Spearhead board and cards to run weekend Spearhead tournaments at home but I don't think I'm prepared to pay GW money for a cardstock board and a handful of cards. Hopefully box breakers will come to my rescue and the stuff will be cheap on the secondary market.

Edited by Mortal Wound
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I'd wager everything' is fine and it's a case of too much spotlight. 

I was reading Whitefang reference comments in random YouTube vids and heard Whitefang brought up on multiple podcasts. 

He is the reference for AoS leaks. It surprises me this didn't happen before.

1 hour ago, Amenephis said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWNmmAlhW94&ab_channel=TabletopTitans

They're doing an AMA, they have all of the faction decks.

I’m watching and they only seem to be answering paid questions which I get but sad cause it’s mostly been skaven stuff and one guy who basically asked for an entire DoK review lol

i just want some Ogor info

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Apparently the Idoneth have some juice. We’re still trying to determine how much juice we can extract from this eel, but the Eidolon of The Storm has the option to become incredibly durable which I plan on using. 

I'm waiting for the Goonhammer review on Idoneth to take a look. I'm hoping they have a good index, especially since new Sylvaneth aren't really doing it for me. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

I’m watching and they only seem to be answering paid questions which I get but sad cause it’s mostly been skaven stuff and one guy who basically asked for an entire DoK review lol

i just want some Ogor info

That's unfortunate.  I didn't bother actually watching it at all, just had thought people here might be interested, but that's pretty lame.

Either way, it seems the week of 8 - 12 Jul seems to be pretty concrete for downloads week.