The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Amenephis said:

That's unfortunate.  I didn't bother actually watching it at all, just had thought people here might be interested, but that's pretty lame.

Either way, it seems the week of 8 - 12 Jul seems to be pretty concrete for downloads week.

Plus goonhammer reviews are pretty good so far, and we have those.

and like I said, I get the paywall. It takes time and there were hundreds of questions coming in for a three person team, they had to sort and prioritize somehow

1 hour ago, Gailon said:

In a twist it turns out Whitefang is also a Boeing whistleblower…

Don’t you put that into the world

38 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Fate always somehow conspiring against the big lads.

right? We just want a snack. At least Goonhammer has theirs scheduled tomorrow.

And I’ll put a gut curse on Bridger later.

9 hours ago, Mortal Wound said:

Jesus I miss when GHBs had fun stuff like this in them. Or even the game in general had fun stuff like this made for it. Now it's all competitive this, balance that, metawatch, % winrates, tier lists...

This wasn't even that long ago. It's shocking how hard and how fast both AoS and 40k have pivoted in their design and release philosophy, and community reception.

I totally agree with you. 8th Ed 40k I actually enjoyed after the hideousness of 7th. However, then the tournament crowd got into the rules team and then it spiralled horribly. The wordiness has become ridiculous. I'm hoping AoS doesn't do the same. 3rd felt very different to 2nd. Although I didn't play vast amounts of 2nd it felt more enjoyable, I hope 4th does the same but I'm not holding my breath. At the worst I paint up the two skaven spearheads and sell them off 🤷 that does leave me other armies though.

However, the power creep has come into SW legion under AMG. Doesn't anyone want to genuinely balance their games any more?

• Like 1

Yup, I'm deffo skipping the Stormcast pack in favor of the digital download. And holding off on my other factions until we see the first battletome roadmap. Not gonna buy cards if they have an expiry date set within the first year.

Different strokes for different folks of course, the physical cards are insanely useful and convenient and I love them. But I just can't justify the expense if they are gonna get replaced that quick.

15 minutes ago, Freypal said:

I'm guessing there is little point buying the Stormcast cards unless you desperately want to play with them for a month or so given a new battletome is imminent?  And so new cards likely...

Also, the problem is not only those factions receiving a tome soon, like SCE or Skavens, but that is very likely that most of the cards will be wrong. This happened with the 40k to the point that GW accepted returns/ refunds and they removed them from sale.

Yeah I want to be extremely clear here:

DO NOT BUY THESE CARDS WITH THE INTENT TO USE THEM FOR GAMEPLAY.

I will be getting the Skaven ones, but that is solely because I'm a Skaven fan and I want them as a collectible, not a game component.  It is a near-guarantee that *many* of these cards will be incorrect before you ever even receive them.  It is an absolute guarantee that even more will be invalidated within the first 2-4 weeks.  

GW printed materials are ALWAYS useless for actual gameplay because of a combination of how quickly they patch and update things, alongside their complete contempt for the very concept of QC.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also, the problem is not only those factions receiving a tome soon, like SCE or Skavens, but that is very likely that most of the cards will be wrong. This happened with the 40k to the point that GW accepted returns/ refunds and they removed them from sale.

Huh, I don't remember 10th index cards having such big issues. Is it possible you are thinking of the Leviathan Mission Deck? That had an issue with misprinted card backs and was indeed recalled.

6 minutes ago, Mortal Wound said:

Huh, I don't remember 10th index cards having such big issues. Is it possible you are thinking of the Leviathan Mission Deck? That had an issue with misprinted card backs and was indeed recalled.

If I remember correctly, when they were first released there were loads of mistakes or GW tweaked things afterwards.

As mentioned by others and my own personal thoughts, don't get the cards unless you want to collect them. From a gaming point of view there may be mistakes. 

Well, there was a .pdf errata to the index cards, yes. Only thing that needed correcting in my CSM index card deck, which was one of the largest decks with the most datasheets, was the Firing Deck value for the Rhino that was misprinted. I don't remember massive amounts of stuff in that errata document for other factions, mostly similar typos. But to each their own I guess. Everyone can have a different threshold for what constitutes 'loads of mistakes' or what makes a product 'useless'.

Edited by Mortal Wound
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Mortal Wound said:

No no. I am talking about the Cards. I am not a 40k player, but I am in a WhatsApp group where there's a decent chunk of GW haters, so they talked about this quite a lot. Any excuse is good for them to criticise xD

And, from the top of my head, I remember there was a faction where all their cards had at least one error.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Mortal Wound said:

Well, Professional Complainer 40k people are also known to say that their entire codex is obsolete and useless and a piece of toilet paper when the points values in the back change with a balance update, so... 🙄

nah, the release index cards for 40k were a disaster. 

You can check the errata pdf to see how many mistakes they had (and mistakes, not corrections)

7 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

What is up with the paint job in that picture? That doesn't look like like he usual 'Eavy Metal style at all.

'Munda has had different styles for different gangs since the start of New'Munda, they generally don't follow the usual 'Eavy Metal style to the letter like the Goliaths from the first starter set for example:

60010599001_NecromundaUnderhive04.jpg?fm

If I'm not mistaken they have their own 'Eavy Metal painter? Could be wrong though

• Thanks 1