The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Ragest said:

So points and faqs before officially knowing any rule? xDDDD

It is a new game mode called russian roulette: you create an army list on Monday and then try it once the rules come out and see if it makes sense or was complete garbage

By the way... anybody can think on how the "Armies of renown" will work? they were a kind of Subfaction, and now all those have been moved to Battle formations without specific artefacts of power or command traits...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Frodorowski said:

It is a new game mode called russian roulette: you create an army list on Monday and then try it once the rules come out and see if it makes sense or was complete garbage

By the way... anybody can think on how the "Armies of renown" will work? they were a kind of Subfaction, and now all those have been moved to Battle formations without specific artefacts of power or command traits...

They maintain the DB system, as far as I know.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Now this is interesting.

image.png.21202b3895ca9d6b9e649b14cd1b7192.png

Armies of Renown was not something I expected to make the cut there.

They said all Armies of Renown will get rules in 4E, but they basically said it only once at the beginning of the 4E announcements so it was really easy to miss. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Now this is interesting.

image.png.21202b3895ca9d6b9e649b14cd1b7192.png

Armies of Renown was not something I expected to make the cut there.

Actually really excited about that. Gives FS more possibilities!

Also very curious about Regiments of Renown. Great system to allow allies but still keep things balanced and make sure that units don't have to be nerfed just because they're too good as allies.

I wonder what Gotrek is going to be. A 1-person Regiment of Renown, Legends, or even incorporated in Fyreslayers. If he was in Fyreslayers, we probably would have known by now from people who have seen the rules.

Edited by Snarff

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Don't give them ideas.

I saw that the Fyreslayers Vanguard is no longer in the shop, as well as the skaven one. The Kruleboy one is  out of stock (not precised "temporarely". So maybe we will have a surprise. But I fear that would mean only a new character.

3 minutes ago, Hardal said:

I saw that the Fyreslayers Vanguard is no longer in the shop, as well as the skaven one. The Kruleboy one is  out of stock (not precised "temporarely". So maybe we will have a surprise. But I fear that would mean only a new character.

I meant in the UK shop and the French one.

7 minutes ago, Hardal said:

I think they are just being repackaged to say Spearhead on them. I do imagine as they revisit the army books as well as Spearhead season, we will see new ones coming out. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think they are just being repackaged to say Spearhead on them. I do imagine as they revisit the army books as well as Spearhead season, we will see new ones coming out. 

That's what happened in 40K.

It's also worth noting that in 40K, every single last time they updated these boxes, they DRAMATICALLY reduced the value and quality of the box. All of the updates have been to make the boxes far worse for players.

So, if you like one of the current boxes, get it now while you can.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hardal said:

It is just pure repackaging.

I'm quite surprised GW is giving the Advanced Rules and the Glossary on top of Core Rules & Spearheads Rules freely !! They really want to up the accessibility of the game (and that Quickstart Guide will surely help bring in some friends) do they..

Anyway very happy to be able to listbuild next Monday with points and regiments :D And nice to have the Battletomes for BS, BoC and Sacrosanct going up with their Grand Alliances!

BTW what is the difference between Armies of Renown and Regiment of Renown ?

Read the Ogors focus by Goonhammer and I’m a lot more hopeful than I was.

I’m a little sad there’s no Mournfang focused option, but Heralds of the Everwinter looks really up my alley, otherwise.

Additionally, I’d have liked more play with blizzard tokens but I’ll hold out for the battletome.

The prayer and spell lores all looks very potent, and having butchers give a run and charge bubble means I’ll be taking multiple again, like my old 2.0 thunderbelly days. No more bloodfeastinf said mournfangs though, but that unlimited heal looks sweet.

Be A Priest Hero Trait is exactly what I wanted and I got it. I think there’s going to be some play for icebrow hunters and maybe even bloodpelt depending on stats and keywords.

A lot depends on points, obviously, but I can definitely see myself running a Huskard on each monster, a hunter-priest and a couple butchers, backed up with mournfang packs, gluttons, and either leadbelchers or an ironblaster or two.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

I’m a little sad there’s no Mournfang focused option, but Heralds of the Everwinter looks really up my alley, otherwise.

Additionally, I’d have liked more play with blizzard tokens but I’ll hold out for the battletome.

The prayer and spell lores all looks very potent, and having butchers give a run and charge bubble means I’ll be taking multiple again, like my old 2.0 thunderbelly days. No more bloodfeastinf said mournfangs though, but that unlimited heal looks sweet.

Be A Priest Hero Trait is exactly what I wanted and I got it. I think there’s going to be some play for icebrow hunters and maybe even bloodpelt depending on stats and keywords.

A lot depends on points, obviously, but I can definitely see myself running a Huskard on each monster, a hunter-priest and a couple butchers, backed up with mournfang packs, gluttons, and either leadbelchers or an ironblaster or two.

I definitely need to see more. Like if the Butcher's Run/Charge ability is free or a warscroll spell. That makes a huge difference in its efficacy. Our terrain features are surprisingly fragile, especially the mawpit for how massive that thing is. As far as the subfactions and other stuff--they're mostly fine. Nothing I saw that seemed amazing, and only a couple things that were flat bad. I don't know what they were thinking with the Blackpowder gang that needs a hero with them to shoot in combat...for units that are already pretty lackluster in the shooting department.

1 hour ago, Sahrial said:

It is nice that now that the indexes are starting to flow those who enjoy X army are finding something of their taste. If everyone (or most) ends up having the same feeling would mean the new rules team is doing a pretty solid job. Making the game quicker and maintaining the game ready for all tastes is a pretty complicate task.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I don't know what they were thinking with the Blackpowder gang that needs a hero with them to shoot in combat...for units that are already pretty lackluster in the shooting department.

That’s real. As much as I like our blackpowder bois, I’d be hard pressed to see a list where that’s the better option of formation. Maybe if you really skewed into leadbelchers, but no one really does that.