The Rumour Thread

8 hours ago, Mazrick said:

Hammerers don't have champion, banner, and musician keywords either.  Probably an copy paste oversight from the last book.

What a surprise, the physical cards are once again going to be full of errors.

At least we fully know now that we'll still have the full range in the rules for now, even though all the dwarf kits are leaving for TOW.

15 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

At least we fully know now that we'll still have the full range in the rules for now, even though all the dwarf kits are leaving for TOW.

Why is it an error? Maybe they are removing those roles in order to streamline the game? Something like Liberators having multiple build options but just one profile.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Why is it an error? Maybe they are removing those roles in order to streamline the game? Something like Liberators having multiple build options but just one profile.

It is an error they made in the last book and have already errata'd.

Most likely they made the same mistake by working from the old print masters when they were translating the warscrolls for the indexes.

Also, how does removing command group rules from a unit that has command group models streamline the game when universal command group rules exist?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It is an error they made in the last book and have already errata'd.

Most likely they made the same mistake by working from the old print masters when they were translating the warscrolls for the indexes.

Also, how does removing command group rules from a unit that has command group models streamline the game when universal command group rules exist?

Not all units have those roles. They could decide to include hammered between those that don't, but just a shot to the sky. We will know once we have the classic day -5 FAQs.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Ejecutor said:

Not all units have those roles. They could decide to include hammered between those that don't, but just a shot to the sky. We will know once we have the classic day -5 FAQs.

I'm a simple man. I see command models, I expect command model rules.

Seriously, you are being overly charitable right now. The same thing happened last time and was already confirmed to be a mistake.

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'm a simple man. I see command models, I expect command model rules.

Seriously, you are being overly charitable right now. The same thing happened last time and was already confirmed to be a mistake.

Yeah. 99.99% you are right, but as we are shaking the pillars of the game I could expect anything.

38 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

The hilarious part is that the image of the hammerers on the warscroll shows a musician. 

Not if you brought them!

One of the annoying things about GW stuff is the amount of these mistakes that creep in and when you are paying a lot of money for them, it gets even more annoying!

But I'm liking all the warscrolls I've seen so far. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Asbestress said:

I don't know why everyone is saying the dwarf units are leaving for TOW, only the warden king is saying sold out online. 

Every current kit has a older kit or metal equivalent that can be released for the old world except for irondrakes which are now back in stock. 

3 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I don't know why everyone is saying the dwarf units are leaving for TOW, only the warden king is saying sold out online. 

Every current kit has a older kit or metal equivalent that can be released for the old world except for irondrakes which are now back in stock. 

We have seen in the preview article that all current Dispossessed kits will be rereleased for TOW

And in some regions kits like the Gyrocopter and Warden King are totally gone, not even sold out.

1 minute ago, Ogregut said:

You don't know why?

There has been months of discussion about how there is seperation (for whatever reason) between AoS and ToW lines. The current Duardin kits have all been shown to be coming with ToW Dwarf release (The Gyrocopters are in the Battlion box and the IronDrakes and Characters were shown as part of the preview article) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Realistically, the dwarf units from Cities are all gone with the next battletome. Being a core faction in ToW broadcasts that this is the long term plan.

People who thought dark elves/dwarves would be removed in the index were going against the evidence in the first place: GW gave us a list of discontinued (sub-)factions and dwarves were not on it.

People who are 100% sure dwarves will get squatted with the next tome are unnecessarily dooming. There is a fairly high chance Cities dwarves will just get updated kits like the Freeguild did.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I see a spear or banner pole, then a bag, then a cape or other piece of cloth.

It looks like the area below the bag has been cut out of the image? Could this be a guy sitting on a horse with the horse removed in post?

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Sadly probably not Cities IMHO.

No CoS unit has a weapon/tool with a wrapped hilt like that, The only book in the new range is the one carried by the Soul Shepherd, which if purely leather bound with decorative patterns etched into the cover, and there aren't really any arrow patterns anywhere in any of the new kits.

The metal bit at the bottom of the unidentified rod is the only thing that is similar to Cities stuff, but it's still pretty generic.

Overall, I'd give it a 2/10 chance to be new Flagellants.

But...

image.png.844febf585e4c01a2cc074e171ef858d.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4