The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I doubt speaking about an adjacent system would put people off that easily - maybe an easy scapegoat so to say?

To me the TOW talk is annoying. It's a system I have 0 interest in. If I wanted to talk about TOW, I would go to a dedicated TOW forum. Instead, I am on a dedicated AoS rumour thread.

It's a bit of a quieter period for sure, but there's more than enough to talk and speculate about in AoS. Short stories, black library books, the core book slowly getting to everyone are bound to have interesting lore implications for 4th, and with the Chaos Duardin content giving a lot more credibility to the leaks. Indices hitting in just a week, and we've seen there can be some newer lore on the warscrolls. The Hel Crown campaign and which minis are being revealed next.

And that's just the rumour side of things, not even going into the lore itself, Spearhead, more and more rules coming out, etc.

It's just that some people keep steering this thread to TOW instead of at the very least talking about AoS when rumours are on a lower pace. It's not like we haven't had quieter rumour periods before, in the past they were at least filled with AoS talk and not an adjacent system which has not even that much to do with AoS.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 3

Call me sucker for all things Warhammer - Old World Enriches AoS. 

The Return of Kroak in the realms, the Return of Ushoran, the ascension of the Aelven Pantheon based on heroes (I like this more and more because it almost sets the Old World Elf Gods as Titans to there Polytheism). The root of that Lore is TOW. So yes, I want to see Ungrim the Slayer King and Ungrim the Avatar of Grimnir (Wishlist 😎)

The best of AoS is firmly entrenched in TOW Lore, I'm more gutted there isn’t more cross Over with the miniature line. And Honestly, If I could I’d even go further and ask for some sort pf Either time jumping or even a Reflection memory realms where AoS can Collide with Old World, like a mirror dimension. “We gotta go Back Gotrek, Back, to the Future”

If there something I want to see less of in this thread frankly its rules. I’m here for Lore, Narrative and Miniatures. But If you guys are having fun, I’m having fun.

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

Personally I don't really mind the TOW talk too much even though I have no intention buying into it myself. I tend to find the pages of rules discussions a bit more grating, especially on the occasions when they start becoming argumentative.

Yeah. Me too. ToW is just another derail possibility, but I don't see it that much different from 30k in how closely related to 40k is. IMO, once (if) ToW starts getting new models that could match into AoS armies the distance between both would be related as they could be cool proxies/ kitbash projects.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Snarff said:

To me the TOW talk is annoying. It's a system I have 0 interest in. If I wanted to talk about TOW, I would go to a dedicated TOW forum. Instead, I am on a dedicated AoS rumour thread.

It's a bit of a quieter period for sure, but there's more than enough to talk and speculate about in AoS. Short stories, black library books, the core book slowly getting to everyone are bound to have interesting lore implications for 4th, and with the Chaos Duardin content giving a lot more credibility to the leaks. Indices hitting in just a week, and we've seen there can be some newer lore on the warscrolls. The Hel Crown campaign and which minis are being revealed next.

And that's just the rumour side of things, not even going into the lore itself, Spearhead, more and more rules coming out, etc.

It's just that some people keep steering this thread to TOW instead of at the very least talking about AoS when rumours are on a lower pace. It's not like we haven't had quieter rumour periods before, in the past they were at least filled with AoS talk and not an adjacent system which has not even that much to do with AoS.

I don’t think this is correct, the nature of this thread has always been that it talks about the new hotness, releases, wild speculation about new stuff. There’s never been very much discussion of lore, short stories, novels, except insofar as they might be taken as signs of new releases, even in the quieter periods.

So no, I don’t think some minor discussion of TOW, particularly in how it related to schedules, has had any meaningful impact on that side of things. It’s the rumour thread being the rumour thread, and that includes getting antsy and mildly feverish when there’s no ‘leaks’ or news of a preview event in the next few weeks.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah. Me too. ToW is just another derail possibility, but I don't see it that much different from 30k in how closely related to 40k is. IMO, once (if) ToW starts getting new models that could match into AoS armies the distance between both would be related as they could be cool proxies/ kitbash projects.

In a nutshell ToW is the "Horus Heresy of WHFB" : they share the same settings and type of game (rank'n'file) 

ToW and Aos share really a bunch of whfb kits and some characthers which have been elevated to Gods in AoS. 

My boyz !  😀

8rmDXu6fwiinrepx.jpg

e8EhUUegYBN4uyIA.jpg

Edited by cyrus
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, cyrus said:

In a nutshell ToW is the Horus Heresy of WHFB : they share the same settings and type of game (rank'n'file) 

ToW and Aos share really a bunch of whfb kits and some characthers which have been eleveted to Gods in AoS. 

My boyz !  😀

8rmDXu6fwiinrepx.jpg

e8EhUUegYBN4uyIA.jpg

I think that's where we diverge. For me ToW and WHFB are the same. Hence they are our HH.

Btw, it is curious how all the factions are represented by AoS produced minis, including...

AoS FactionRoundup Jul4 Dest5

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Vagard said:

I would bet money that the little keywords attached to the factions were copied from a whiteboard after a brainstorm to nail down the character of those factions. This feels the developers directly telling us their design intentions for every army.

I can say that "Faith, Formations, Firepower" is definitely 100% accurate for Cities, given the rules I have seen.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I would bet money that the little keywords attached to the factions were copied from a whiteboard after a brainstorm to nail down the character of those factions. This feels the developers directly telling us their design intentions for every army.

I can say that "Faith, Formations, Firepower" is definitely 100% accurate for Cities, given the rules I have seen.

My favorite fighting style: “Wet and deeply confusing”

IMG_3225.jpeg

• Haha 11

26 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

They put so much thought into it for us, it's really heartwarming. May Shrimp-Jesus bless their hard-working souls 🥰

j5G4luESDC9peLEx.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It could be, yeah, but maybe not the best one to represent the faction in its current state.

Probably the best mini to represent the faction would be a regular glutton or irongut but given that those minis are fairly dated (and possibly due for an update in the near future), WHC might have made the call not to draw attention to them.