The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

As THG mentioned on his stream, we are now in the brief era of Schrodinger's Warscrolls, where peoples' kneejerk hot takes mean that every warscroll in the game is simultaneously both literal garbage and wildly OP 😆

Also, we are in the era of Schrodinger's Warscrolls because a warscroll can be alive and dead at the same time. Maybe it disappears now but resurrects with the BT launch.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

More likely this side of the coin.

GW HQ - 08/07/2024.

- Go James! Roll a D6.
- 4!
- This warscroll stays. Next!

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Periophtalmus said:

It seems Phoenix Temple, Wanderers and other CoS units that were removed last year are not part of Legends. Guess I will stay in 3rd edition then…

Ok, actually since I only play at home it doesn’t matter anyway, and I am happy for all the people who get to enjoy 4th ed.

Welcome to GW.

To an ever-escalating degree they want their games to work on a rotational model, where the models you buy regularly rotate out of usability and then you buy the new ones.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

So with the raise in points for Slaves to Darkness I am afraid at how many points my army is currently.

i also was considering making a Cavalry list lead by Be'Lakor by adding Eternus. Now I feel like I can run it without purchasing a new model... but might switch my Manticore to lead my cultist list to justify buying Eternus anyway. 

Still should I be worried that I might be able to run 3 separate S2D lists with possibly no overlap between lists?
Cavalry Army Lead by Be'Lakor
Cultist/Monster Army Lead By Demon Princes
Warrior/Infantry Army Lead by a Chaos Lord

Edited by Neverchosen

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

So with the raise in points for Slaves to Darkness I am afraid at how many points my army is currently.

i also was considering making a Cavalry list lead by Be'Lakor by adding Eternus. Now I feel like I can run it without purchasing a new model... but might switch my Manticore to lead my cultist list to justify buying Eternus anyway. 

Still should I be worried that I might be able to run 3 separate S2D lists with possibly no overlap between lists?

Only 3?

Games Workshop profits decline again in 2015 - The Something Awful Forums

IMO it is something good, in a way it counters the price raise as you need fewer models.

Edited by Ejecutor

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Only 3?

Games Workshop profits decline again in 2015 - The Something Awful Forums

IMO it is something good, in a way it counters the price raise as you need fewer models.

The reason I like elite armies is that you can save money and changing out a few units can make a huge difference. The problem is that I traded the Space Marine Half of Indomitus for more Slaves to Darkness and play warcry and this lead to my favourite army taking over most of my apartment. Archaon sure likes to invade different realities.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Cavalry Army Lead by Be'Lakor
Cultist/Monster Army Lead By Demon Princes
Warrior/Infantry Army Lead by a Chaos Lord

The only thing I'd be hesitant of is that the Cultist/Darkoath side is pretty limited to only being buffed by other cultist/Darkoath characters. From the leaks we've had Manticore/foot lords/sorcerer abilities only apply to Warriors of Chaos tagged units. We'll know for sure on Wednesday!

1 minute ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

The only thing I'd be hesitant of is that the Cultist/Darkoath side is pretty limited to only being buffed by other cultist/Darkoath characters. From the leaks we've had Manticore/foot lords/sorcerer abilities only apply to Warriors of Chaos tagged units. We'll know for sure on Wednesday!

I will only use these army divisions for narrative play, anything that is leaning towards competitive will use different builds. My Cultist list is also made up of weird Warcry units filled with mutants rounding the numbers out so it is already only suited for friendly games... also I might need to toss a melee focused 40k Chaos Knight into the fray as a Mega Gargant or soulgrinder as this is definitely the lightest on points of my three potential lists lol.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I will only use these army divisions for narrative play, anything that is leaning towards competitive will use different builds. My Cultist list is also made up of weird Warcry units filled with mutants rounding the numbers out so it is already only suited for friendly games... also I might need to toss a melee focused 40k Chaos Knight into the fray as a Mega Gargant or soulgrinder as this is definitely the lightest on points of my three potential lists lol.

That's absolutely the way to play.  Narratively I have an army that's a hybrid Sylvaneth/zombie/FEC/NH force, simply because it made sense for the lore of the area.  Commanders looking at their units and going "oh, you're wearing the wrong kind of armor so you no longer find me inspiring" is just silly.

• Like 2

Well my Cities collection went down like 300 points.

Pretty tempted to buy another squad of Fusiliers. A pain to paint, but they look absolutely lovely when done and ranked up.
Or invest in a Steam Tank, knowing that it will be gone in the next 6 months - 2 years, just for aesthetics?

Also, the Freeguild Veteran little keyword in the force org for the Fusil-Major has me thinking we'll get some more low/mid rank Freeguild Hero choices whenever the Cogfort wave comes. Incredibly useless footnote otherwise when they could have just written "0-1 Fusil-Major on Ogor Warhulk, any Human" like they did with the Cogsmith for the Warden King.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Pretty tempted to buy another squad of Fusiliers. A pain to paint, but they look absolutely lovely when done and ranked up.
Or invest in a Steam Tank, knowing that it will be gone in the next 6 months - 2 years, just for aesthetics?

Also, the Freeguild Veteran little keyword in the force org for the Fusil-Major has me thinking we'll get some more low/mid rank Freeguild Hero choices whenever the Cogfort wave comes. Incredibly useless footnote otherwise when they could have just written "0-1 Fusil-Major on Ogor Warhulk, any Human" like they did with the Cogsmith for the Warden King.

They've been inconsistent with the way they've done that anyway. For Sylvaneth you've got a few heroes who can take "0-1 Forest Sentinels" aka 0-1 Treelords.

Seraphon also has both types in their list "Favoured Spawning" = Astrolith Bearer, but Skink Starpreists are just listed by their name. 

1 hour ago, Grungnisson said:

A nerf to end all nerfs incoming:

image.png.615fd310f1aae3b5c0eb3f3b40e0d35b.png

36 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Looks like you can also just toss in Gotrek with your new points lol

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2024 at 11:32 AM, HorticulusTGA said:

... Speaking of Warcry, the last AOS WD (502) has a Warcry Campaign leading right to the gate of the crashed Seraphon ship and with the lore and release recap from Phil Kelly in WD I'm more and more sure we'll get inside the ship in the next "season" (not edition) of the game. 

OH **** MY DREAM WILL COME TRUE??? I've been saying Warcry should do this since last year due to how much sense it made 😍 

• Like 3

On 7/5/2024 at 3:20 AM, novakai said:

ToW to Sigmar is martyed with bad writing, superficial connection, indirect here say and both setting are probably better off not being connected TBF. Barely anyone but Gotrek currently remembers what happen in Old world and none of it is relavant or important in Sigmar.

the only thing linking TOW-as-narrative to AOS should be the End Times 100%. I'd never heard 30k writing affects 40k narrative/lore... that's... oof.

• Like 2

On 7/5/2024 at 8:47 AM, Ejecutor said:

Btw, someone from the role-playing industry told me recently that AoS is spiking in popularity, both in wargame and roleplaying terms, but that as D&D is doing poorly lately some people who work with D&D are starting to be afraid of AoS.

IMO it is good news. The more players/ enthusiasts the merrier.

I've been saying AOS needs to court the DND crowd instead of WHFB/40k like the narrative team seems to want to do, good to know the market itself agrees too ;)

Did your source say specifics? Like has Soulbound been the inroad, or the overall design of AOS itself?

12 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I'd never heard 30k writing affects 40k narrative/lore... that's... oof.

That happens all the time. Like for instance, how they revealed the Tyranids only noticed the 40k galaxy because of what happened in the Horus Heresy book Pharos. Or how the Siege of Terra seems to obviously be written to tie into the conclusion of the Bequin series. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Khadral said:

Lord Relictor and lord celestant not marked for going to Legends in 2025. New models incoming?

I think so .

And since judicators go to legends it means that they will not be refreshed in thunderstrike  as many expected.

1 minute ago, BarakUrbaz said:

That happens all the time. Like for instance, how they revealed the Tyranids only noticed the 40k galaxy because of what happened in the Horus Heresy book Pharos. Or how the Siege of Terra seems to obviously be written to tie into the conclusion of the Bequin series. 

Also... The rest of the 40k. Like, the whole point is that the Horus Heresy caused the 41st millennium to be the way it is.

Reading through the Regiments of renown and I am kind of sad that this is not where they put all the Underworlds warbands and the cut Warcry Cultists. Making them little units of mercenaries would have been a really cool way to keep their warscrolls playable as people may be interested in painting up some Ossiarchs to add to their Soulblight list or vice versa while also testing out another fun game system.

Also it works well on a thematic level as underworld warbands are adventurers that might find themselves fighting alongside an allied army for a period as they look for treasures. Meanwhile various chaos factions could easily sway the unaligned Chaos Warbands to march under their banner  "Interesting choice of belts, well we hedonites are fans of expressive fashion" "Untammed beast? that sounds suspiciously like you might secertly worship a horned rat", "You worship a chaotic crow... well crows have blood in them so you basically worship Khorne!"

Honestly it was a really easy way to cross promote games while also keeping them ostensibly separate enough to monitor sales of the different systems. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I've been saying AOS needs to court the DND crowd instead of WHFB/40k like the narrative team seems to want to do, good to know the market itself agrees too ;)

Did your source say specifics? Like has Soulbound been the inroad, or the overall design of AOS itself?

No. It was a very casual mention over a talk about a series of souldbound videos for a yt channel.

38 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I think so .

And since judicators go to legends it means that they will not be refreshed in thunderstrike  as many expected.

Where did you see Judicators going into legends? I only find those two mentions.

image.png.8c96b9ff9bc774243255dc42abab228b.png