The Rumour Thread

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Amenephis said:

[REDACTED] 

++ Mod Note ++ this post has been removed from the thread but this was quoted before mods got to it. Amenephis has been issued a warning for it

Who doesn't like a good ol Mexican Orcs? This particular case might not be the one that you like the most, but I think it is interesting trying to expand a pretty stagnated fantastic culture like the Orcs. It seems they are all the time and everywhere basically the same.

This kind of experiments or investigation could end into something different that you might actually like.

Edited by Gaz Taylor
edit about quoted post
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

100 pts per mournfang hurts but maybe that warscroll is good. Im sad about my favorite unit but at least the rest looks good. Im still figuring out sbgl right now cause thats just so much heftier a block of info.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Who doesn't like a good ol Mexican Orcs? This particular case might not be the one that you like the most, but I think it is interesting trying to expand a pretty stagnated fantastic culture like the Orcs. It seems they are all the time and everywhere basically the same.

Yup, this.

also, lol, “normies”, cmon

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

This kind of experiments or investigation could end into something different that you might actually like.

Honestly I didn't realize these orcs were "Mexican-coded", as I've heard it referred to, until I heard that people were having Opinions on the subject. Maybe it's just where I live, I saw their clothing and was like "Yeah, that's how people dress".

The only thing that really stood out to me was that the picture didn't seem all that "fantasy".

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

I think so .

And since judicators go to legends it means that they will not be refreshed in thunderstrike  as many expected.

I'll huff my copium until the full wave releases, definitely a huge downer for me :/ Why make a Knight-Judicator GW. WHY.

I have a feeling that all discontinued Stormcast will one day reappear in Thunderstrike... and they will never properly address the model bloat.

As much as I don't want Stormcast to follow the tradition of Space Marines, I am utterly shocked that Sacrosanct didn't become the AOS equivilant of Dark Angels, Blood Angels or Space Wolves. It would make sense the Stormcast equivalent of academics would hold off on Thunderstirke armour for the longest as they'd need the least reforging as they sit in their libraries and academies. 

5 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

Fun fact that’s very similar to the argument white supremacists use about poc birth rates out “competing” them

not a great look, is what I’m saying

The fact that you had to change this argument to be talking about something completely unrelated in order to argue against it at all is all the proof anyone needs as to the validity of this counterargument.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

Just now, Neverchosen said:

I have a feeling that all discontinued Stormcast will one day reappear in Thunderstrike... and they will never properly address the model bloat.

As much as I don't want Stormcast to follow the tradition of Space Marines, I am utterly shocked that Sacrosanct didn't become the AOS equivilant of Dark Angels, Blood Angels or Space Wolves. It would make sense the Stormcast equivalent of academics would hold off on Thunderstirke armour for the longest as they'd need the least reforging as they sit in their libraries and academies. 

They will.  GW's just holding them back for a future edition launch range, because it's entirely effortless content for them.  Takes far less work because the units and lore are already designed, generates fan goodwill by "fixing" a problem (that they created, remember, Marketing 101: create the problem, then sell the solution), and also allows them to expand the range without actually expanding the range.

3 minutes ago, Amenephis said:

The fact that you had to change this argument to be talking about something completely unrelated in order to argue against it at all is all the proof anyone needs as to the validity of this counterargument.

Brother, that wasn’t an argument about your point. That was me pointing out to you that the attitude and rhetoric you’re using has a history of being used in very bad ways, and hoping you’ll take a breath and do some self analysis about it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Amenephis said:

No one said "cooler", rather, just actually interested in the topic at hand.  The fallacy in your statement is that you're saying that when you were growing up you'd absolutely want the things you liked sanitized, stripped down, and changed into something else because someone else wanted <Thing> to change to suit them, rather than actually being interested in <Thing>.  In short, that you don't actually like <Thing>, rather, you just want to be popular.

Again, you are just completely assuming these things about other people... Is this nebulous group actually UN-interested or are you being told they are?

13 minutes ago, Amenephis said:

until D&D is about perfectly smooth wheelchair accessible natural caves with ramps and people going to the prom. 

This tells me you have never actually tried engaging with criticisms of DND, or other IPs, and so I'm just going to stop myself here.

• Like 9

Posted (edited)

Why the heck can't Disciples take a Mutalith Vortex Beast still?  Come on, GW.

So someone correct me if I'm wrong,  but from looking at the army lists it seems like Lotann is the only Isharann Emissary? Is that right? I'm just now looking at the list and I want to know for sure before AoS becomes mainstream and I am devoured by normies.

Edited by Thalassic Monstrosity
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hollow said:

Why? People are talking about how GW might approach the range due to various factors? 

He was talking about our conversation about RPGs which, fair enough.  Conversation done, that's a reasonable ask.

40 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Honestly I didn't realize these orcs were "Mexican-coded", as I've heard it referred to, until I heard that people were having Opinions on the subject. Maybe it's just where I live, I saw their clothing and was like "Yeah, that's how people dress".

The only thing that really stood out to me was that the picture didn't seem all that "fantasy".

The pic that was shared the other day was the first time I saw them, and that doesn't shout Mexican at all to me. They were just Orcs with different/ more nomadic clothing.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I'll huff my copium until the full wave releases, definitely a huge downer for me :/ Why make a Knight-Judicator GW. WHY.

GW choosing which path they will follow for SCE:

Steering A Vessel GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

I think the whole "various hero levels for Stormcasts hq's bloat" will never be adressed....sadly.
They should do a wave of kits in thunderstrike with the various options built in (so knight level,lord level and so on)...
Units instead will be reorganized and the various "killings of models" are just the beginning.

25 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Why the heck can't Disciples take a Mutalith Vortex Beast still?  Come on, GW.

So someone correct me if I'm wrong,  but from looking at the army lists it seems like Lotann is the only Isharann Emissary? Is that right? I'm just now looking at the list and I want to know for sure before AoS becomes mainstream and I am devoured by normies.

You are correct. For some godforsaken reason, none of the others (Who canonically are emissaries) are emissaries. 

+++MOD HAT+++

Whoa there folks!  Veering into unpleasant territory there, regardless of your own personal views, being unpleasant towards any party be they another TGA member or people in other communities is unacceptable and isn't tolerated on TGA

• Thanks 3

Pour one out (for now) for Gitmob;

Rippa’s is dead. Long live Rippa.

Snarlfangs are all that’s left, and they’re looking anemic.

Gains:

- +1 attack for grot rider.

- Conditionally useful out of turn movement.

Losses:

- Rip(pa)

- Pile in extension, shoot after redeploy

- Wounded target bonus

Hopefully that rumor engine points to a new hero for gitmob, because these guys need it. No synergy outside of a loonshrine revive for 3 models and I’d wager these grots will perform much worse without the obnoxious peppering and pile in they could perform. No rend at all is rough, and there are just better options who do more for their points. Off to Warcry my snarlfangs go. And speaking of Warcry… I’m still eyeing that gloomspite icon in the Gnarlwood map.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fracas said:

Pour one out (for now) for Gitmob;

Rippa’s is dead. Long live Rippa.

Snarlfangs are all that’s left, and they’re looking anemic.

Gains:

- +1 attack for grot rider.

- Conditionally useful out of turn movement.

Losses:

- Rip(pa)

- Pile in extension, shoot after redeploy

- Wounded target bonus

Hopefully that rumor engine points to a new hero for gitmob, because these guys need it. No synergy outside of a loonshrine revive for 3 models and I’d wager these grots will perform much worse without the obnoxious peppering and pile in they could perform. No rend at all is rough, and there are just better options who do more for their points. Off to Warcry my snarlfangs go. And speaking of Warcry… I’m still eyeing that gloomspite icon in the Gnarlwood map.

I suspect they will become a regiment of renown box. 

Ya know, new unit or two with two packs of snarlfang and the only way to get the new hero for awhile and maaaaybe might even be a 2nd spearhead for gloomies. 

Good or bad I'm with the pack for life. 🤘🐺💚

• Like 1