The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I suspect they will become a regiment of renown box. 

Ya know, new unit or two with two packs of snarlfang and the only way to get the new hero for awhile and maaaaybe might even be a 2nd spearhead for gloomies. 

Good or bad I'm with the pack for life. 🤘🐺💚

I desperately want this to be the case. I have 5 unassembled, and the bits and pieces for 10 fell-warg/boingrot kitbashes from before they were even revealed. Wolf-riders have always been my favorite goblin iterations.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Fracas said:

I desperately want this to be the case. I have 5 unassembled, and the bits and pieces for 10 fell-warg/boingrot kitbashes from before they were even revealed. Wolf-riders have always been my favorite goblin iterations.

I desperately hope they keep the same sculptor(s)!! 😬

Edit: I've got 30. Ha! And if they don't get an infantry kit I'm fully committed to kitbashing foot grots from the riders kit to proxy as gloom grots. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Ya know, new unit or two with two packs of snarlfang and the only way to get the new hero for awhile and maaaaybe might even be a 2nd spearhead for gloomies. 

It is funny I have seen speculation that Gitmob will replace Spiders or be squatted, I am pretty confident that neither will be the case and that the Gitmob will get some support.

Ideally they can get a Hero and a chariot (with optional hero build). Just a fun little cavalry subfaction that can have some internal synergies, but still likely need a little support from the larger faction at higher point values. Maybe give us a fun Grotbag airship that is tied into the Gitmob and we can actually have a more workable subfaction.

I have a theory / question :

Kruleboyz mean beast subfaction isn’t really working as you can set only 5 heros max and only hero have companion damage . Do you see it a sign to a cav unit coming to kruleboyz to be played in mean beast ? 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Danaork said:

Do the Brutes Ragerz have Ward ??

6 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

No . But they can have the 6+ ward in weirdfist 

I for one was really hoping for a warscroll consolidation of the two here. 

They really are grasping at straws to make two units from the one kit imo. 

Edited by Vasshpit

6 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Kruleboyz mean beast subfaction isn’t really working as you can set only 5 heros max and only hero have companion damage . Do you see it a sign to a cav unit coming to kruleboyz to be played in mean beast ? 

Marshcrawla sloggoth a hero now?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sahrial said:

Marshcrawla sloggoth a hero now?

Nope. Warmachine. 

Edit: Saw a leaked warscroll that has war machine in keywords but going over pdf it says monster... 🤔

Edited by Vasshpit

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Where did you see Judicators going into legends? I only find those two mentions.

image.png.8c96b9ff9bc774243255dc42abab228b.png

Yes , the side note says Judicators are moving to legends in June 2025 , together with Paladins and Sacrosanct chamber .

So no new judicators in thunderstrike as new liberators and prosecutors.

29 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

The Idoneth have a subfaction that only boosts 2 units total. I wouldn’t count on it. 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Yes , the side note says Judicators are moving to legends in June 2025 , together with Paladins and Sacrosanct chamber .

So no new judicators in thunderstrike as new liberators and prosecutors.

Ah, lol. Blind me 🙈. I was looking for exactly that. Paladins xD

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I think the whole "various hero levels for Stormcasts hq's bloat" will never be adressed....sadly.
They should do a wave of kits in thunderstrike with the various options built in (so knight level,lord level and so on)...
Units instead will be reorganized and the various "killings of models" are just the beginning.

It would be perfect to have 2-3 multipart hero kits to build as Lord/knight options for sure... I understand that's probably much harder than actual units, but like you said it would cut down character bloat on top of future-proofing.

9 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

One of the things ive always hated about AoS is how badly they point it. Does GW not want AoS players to buy models?

It is far far better than the current situation in 40k, where almost every army is far too big.

• Like 10

Just watched The Honest Wargamer first overview of the StD and while I am sad that I lost the little customization I had. I do prefer the index above the 3th edition BT. I think they did a great job with almost all the warscrolls.

Very happy with it 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Just watched The Honest Wargamer first overview of the StD and while I am sad that I lost the little customization I had. I do prefer the index above the 3th edition BT. I think they did a great job with almost all the warscrolls.

Very happy with it 

Agreed ! Also we'll have Anvil of Apotheosis for customization in Narrative Play (and Chaos Warriors in TOW)

I've spend the night going through all the Rules while listening to the Realm of Ruin. Pretty nice. 

For now, only complaint is : Nurgle Daemon Heralds cannot be taken as a 0-1 choice in a GUO regiment, while Rotbringers Lords can with their (Mortal) named characters (and other Gods can too). So I'll have between 2 or 3 regiments even at 1000 points if I want to play GUO + Herald(s)... (And I do want at least the Poxbringer and the Bilepiper to accompany my GD).

Maybe that's the new normal and my memory is too much tied to the one drop Battle Regiment of 3rd ed. 

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I assume it be an army box like what Kroot got during the Tau codex (considering that Destuction has yet to get one) 

only because regiment of reknown box are only release during end of edition narrative book release and judgin on what happen with 40K  every army either gets a battlebox with a new hero or an army box for a big releases now when their books comes out.

• LOVE IT! 2

3 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Not for me. Thats what i acually like. Putting models on the table. 

It's corrosive to actually getting into the game and playing one in a reasonable amount of time. Plus with the smaller boards it also just looks horrible with everything being far too cramped.

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Not for me. Thats what i acually like. Putting models on the table. 

Yeah. From time to time a 10k+ points game looks awesome, but that's a game that you will have to pass over to your grandchildren for them to finish it.

37 minutes ago, novakai said:

I assume it be an army box like what Kroot got

Oh you lil sweet talker, you!!!

If it was full of all new (minus snarlfang) models I'd be one happy fella!!!! BRING IT ON!

The only reason I suspect it'll be a RoR is because it will give the rest of destro access to fast light calvary to which all other destro factions  minus glooms are lacking. I'd wager SoB would love that option as one example. 

That being said your suggestion is better. 😁

• Like 2