The Rumour Thread

So from the list we got  sort of confirmation of what to expect so to round it up

Skaven: 

• Stormvermin
  • Acolyte Globadiers
  • Archwarlock
  • Weapon team
    • Ratling Gun
    • Warpfire Thrower
  • Master Moulder
  • Doom-Flayer (not a weapon team anymore)
  • New Behemoth-->Brood terror
    • Brood Terror : r/WarhammerFantasy
  • New Wolf rats
  • Vizzik Skour the verminlord
  • New Engineer--->Leak model Galaneer with Warpvolt
    • War of Sigmar - New Skaven Clan Rats revealed and new Weapons team leaked ^^
  • The Warlord with bodyguards

Stormcast

• Knight Azyros/Tornus the Redeemed
    • Age of Sigmar: New Knight-Azyros and Brood Terror Revealed - Bell of Lost  Souls
  • Lord Relictor
  • Lord-Celestant

I still see them making another version of the Judicators that replace them like how Reclusians and Annihilators replaced the Paladins

other then that there still the rumor engine of the Knight gripping the sword

2023-12-20.png

& the lighting ghiest they been teasing as "pass the edge" stormcast

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

So from the list we got  sort of confirmation of what to expect so to round it up

Skaven: 

• Stormvermin
  • Acolyte Globadiers
  • Archwarlock
  • Weapon team
    • Ratling Gun
    • Warpfire Thrower
  • Master Moulder
  • New Wolf rats

Stormcast

• Age of Sigmar: New Knight-Azyros and Brood Terror Revealed - Bell of Lost  Souls
  • Lord Relictor
  • Lord-Celestant

I still see them making another version of the Judicators that replace them like how Reclusians and Annihilators replaced the Paladins

2023-12-20.png

Interesting enough the brood horror wasn’t even on the list for points. We might wind up seeing a record for most new kits if everything that they say that was getting retired that showed up on the Skaven points list from today is accurate. Along with the fact that I can’t imagine they only left off one unit in the brood horror. Good time to be a rat man 

7 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Skaven: 

• Stormvermin
  • Acolyte Globadiers
  • Archwarlock
  • Weapon team
    • Ratling Gun
    • Warpfire Thrower
  • Master Moulder
  • New Wolf rats

Stormcast

• Lord Relictor
  • Lord-Celestant

2023-12-20.png

Yeah. That sword is such a weird case. It is one of those weapons that are used by a limited bunch of Stormcasts, and if GW was trying to reduce the bloat of the battletome, this RE doesn't look very promising in that matter.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fracas said:

Pour one out (for now) for Gitmob;

Rippa’s is dead. Long live Rippa.

Snarlfangs are all that’s left, and they’re looking anemic.

Gains:

- +1 attack for grot rider.

- Conditionally useful out of turn movement.

Losses:

- Rip(pa)

- Pile in extension, shoot after redeploy

- Wounded target bonus

Hopefully that rumor engine points to a new hero for gitmob, because these guys need it. No synergy outside of a loonshrine revive for 3 models and I’d wager these grots will perform much worse without the obnoxious peppering and pile in they could perform. No rend at all is rough, and there are just better options who do more for their points. Off to Warcry my snarlfangs go. And speaking of Warcry… I’m still eyeing that gloomspite icon in the Gnarlwood map.

That icon is for Underworlds warband, that is his fortress.

12 hours ago, Grunbag said:

I have a theory / question :

Kruleboyz mean beast subfaction isn’t really working as you can set only 5 heros max and only hero have companion damage . Do you see it a sign to a cav unit coming to kruleboyz to be played in mean beast ? 

11 hours ago, cyrus said:

Yes , the side note says Judicators are moving to legends in June 2025 , together with Paladins and Sacrosanct chamber .

So no new judicators in thunderstrike as new liberators and prosecutors.

Index are Index. My recomendation is not speculate too much with the future with them. They can add text or dates randomly that is not related with the future and when books appear make that text obsolete

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Just noticed that they've dropped the Viceleader off into the Legends chasm. Bleedin' cheek of it. It's like they knew that I've got two of them on my painting desk (the standard model, plus a conversion of the old Finecast Masque). 

That one was spotted when they announced all the cuts on different ranges. The same day someone noticed that in the store it was saying 'last chance to buy'. Hopefully it gets renewed soon.

33 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

That one was spotted when they announced all the cuts on different ranges. The same day someone noticed that in the store it was saying 'last chance to buy'. Hopefully it gets renewed soon.

Non-Slaanesh observers might point out that the Hedonites faction isn't exactly short of hero models... 

But true Slaanesh devotees, like me, say "more, more, more! No such thing as enough models!!" 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

So, since the speculation/rumours say we're likely going into Talaxis with the next Warcry season, I think a Seraphon Temple Guard Warband/kit for AoS is exceptionally likely.

We had the Saurus looking Rumour Engine, another Seraphon Warband is extremely likely in a Seraphon-focused season, Temple Guard would logically guard a crashed Temple-Ship and Temple Guard are an outdated kit ready to be brought to modern standards. I can't wait to see how they are going to look, hopefully more magitech-armored and elite than normal Saurus.

Other warbands would be a shot in the dark. Idoneth, Kharadron, Skaven, Slaanesh, Gloomspite, Ironjawz (and SoB) are still missing dedicated warbands. Of these, I think Skaven is likely to get a Warband assaulting/looting Talaxis. Maybe new Gutter Runners? The others I cant see a clear link in terms of lore, but I am expecting at least Slaanesh of these to get a warband soon.

Other potential warbands (based on rumour engines or wild speculation) would be SBGL Grave Guard, a Grundstok Kharadron force, a Namarti IDK band, an Ironweld warband.

A Chuardin warband would likely wait until after the 3rd edition starter sets.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Snarff said:

The others I cant see a clear link in terms of lore, but I am expecting at least Slaanesh of these to get a warband soon.

I don't know about the lore, but what I'd like to see in a Slaanesh warband is something that pushes the 'carnival' theme to the fore. Ruffs, Venetian-style masks, outrageous costumes. A S&M circus! C'mon, it'd be brilliant. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

28 minutes ago, Snarff said:

So, since the speculation/rumours say we're likely going into Talaxis with the next Warcry season, I think a Seraphon Temple Guard Warband/kit for AoS is exceptionally likely.

We had the Saurus looking Rumour Engine, another Seraphon Warband is extremely likely in a Seraphon-focused season, Temple Guard would logically guard a crashed Temple-Ship and Temple Guard are an outdated kit ready to be brought to modern standards. I can't wait to see how they are going to look, hopefully more magitech-armored and elite than normal Saurus.

Other warbands would be a shot in the dark. Idoneth, Kharadron, Skaven, Slaanesh, Gloomspite, Ironjawz (and SoB) are still missing dedicated warbands. Of these, I think Skaven is likely to get a Warband assaulting/looting Talaxis. Maybe new Gutter Runners? The others I cant see a clear link in terms of lore, but I am expecting at least Slaanesh of these to get a warband soon.

Other potential warbands (based on rumour engines or wild speculation) would be SBGL Grave Guard, a Grundstok Kharadron force, a Namarti IDK band, an Ironweld warband.

Maybe something like a garrison that survived the crash or was sent to Talaxis to keep it safe while/ until all the interesting stuff is taken back?

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Chaos Duardin already have a Warband, the Horns of Hashut. They're not Chorfs but they are basically the guys they send out to do Warcry stuff. 

35 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Chaos Duardin already have a Warband, the Horns of Hashut. They're not Chorfs but they are basically the guys they send out to do Warcry stuff. 

Yeah, hopefully we will have confirmation soon about this and they are "put back in the store".

1 hour ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I don't know about the lore, but what I'd like to see in a Slaanesh warband is something that pushes the 'carnival' theme to the fore. Ruffs, Venetian-style masks, outrageous costumes. A S&M circus! C'mon, it'd be brilliant. 

It would be kinda close to the Nurgle carnival-inspired stuff that was featured in WHFB years ago. But that theme does suit Slaanesh better, I'll give you that!

• Like 1

Oh and Tzeentch needs a wave now. A single mini release won't save it. No allies, no Mutalith, no Fatemaster, no Fluxmaster, no Blue Scribes... holy hell this sucks. It's like half the army it used to be. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

The Vortex Beast is still in the game, it's an StD unit not a DoT unit as it was in 3rd. Now you won't be able to ally it in however (unless you chat with your opponent)

Yeah, this sucks. Whoever decided this is a failure. I don't wanna use nicer words.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Oh and Tzeentch needs a wave now. A single mini release won't save it. No allies, no Mutalith, no Fatemaster, no Fluxmaster, no Blue Scribes... holy hell this sucks. It's like half the army it used to be. 

I'm a little resentful of the fact that the mono-god factions all lost the Coaltion option... and a little resentful that it was done without a murmur. Just dropped, not a word said about it. 

But I'm guessing that not a lot of players were using the Coalition rules anyway... I've not seen any real outcry about it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Something unexpected just arrived!

image.jpeg.aeb1e581492bdebac609ac48cfbd3f10.jpeg

I had an email from my LGS today telling me that I could collect it from them, if I come before Thursday, when they'll be posting it. Sadly, too busy to go, so Saturday it is ; )