The Rumour Thread

They can just throw up a 'chaos lord + chaos warriors/knights' Regiment of Renown at some point and the eight people still using coalitions rules can use that.  (Or just use them as appropriate proxies where possible, or, y'know, just ask your opponent if you're really serious about it.)

My advice, as always, is to never put much trust into cross-faction options as they will always and inevitably change between books and editions, and some stuff will wind up invalidated no matter what.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

Oh and Tzeentch needs a wave now. A single mini release won't save it. No allies, no Mutalith, no Fatemaster, no Fluxmaster, no Blue Scribes... holy hell this sucks. It's like half the army it used to be. 

Imho Tzeentch should have been in launch set instead of Skaven. A lot of people are waiting for tzeentch warriors, tzeentch warriors on disc , new pink horrors and so on . 

From multiple sources it seems that Skaventide is striving to sell and imho it is for Skaven low popularity/appeal and high price tag .

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

(Or just use them as appropriate proxies where possible, or, y'know, just ask your opponent if you're really serious about it.)

Probably what I'll do if the mood takes me. I doubt that many opponents will object if I ask if I can plonk down a blob of Chaos Warriors in the middle of my Hedonites... after all, tactically, it's a stupid thing to do! 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Imho Tzeentch should have been in launch set instead of Skaven. A lot of people are waiting for tzeentch warriors, tzeentch warriors on disc , new pink horrors and so on . 

From multiple sources it seems that Skaventide is striving to sell and imho it is for Skaven low popularity/appeal and high price tag .

Imo that wouldn't change the result at all. The only positive thing is that would have an edition, supposedly, in Chamon.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Tzeentch being in the starter box wouldn’t have changed that even a little bit. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Fellman said:

Tempel guard or mount?

image.png.d0bdc142099f13eefb10dea331de23d8.png

Seraphon scales are normally bigger than that on Warriors size models and its not a bigger model as you can see the pretty thick edge highlights on the scales.

It actually kinda reminds me of the Dark Elf cold one riders as those had smaller scales. 

But yeah I'm also going with something snake related instead of lizards, but not DoK as those have sharper scales so maybe something weird for Necromunda?

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I'm a little resentful of the fact that the mono-god factions all lost the Coaltion option... and a little resentful that it was done without a murmur. Just dropped, not a word said about it. 

But I'm guessing that not a lot of players were using the Coalition rules anyway... I've not seen any real outcry about it. 

They sucked basically but I rather field an army I like the look of than using the strongest composition possible, so I'll always mix as much as possible. But they still filled a huge gap hole (oh you...) so to speak in our lineups if you like that aspect of Chaos. 😤

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Well, Skaven needed the update desperately, more than us Tzeentchians, that's for sure. But I hope we get some things sooner than later now cause they took some of my favorites out. Oh and the Mutalith... really, in the edition that wanted us to field lots of spawn? That's so dumb that it's beyond shoddy game design.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure it's not Seraphon. None of the current models have that kind of scale pattern. It doesn't match the doK snakes either. As has been said it looks most similar to the cold ones. Is it finally time for Eldar Exodites? They're the only faction that would get me back into 40k. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but as someone who eventually decided against picking up Skaventide:

• I love: the Skaven, the Lord-Vigilant, the Spearhead concept
  • I'm middling on: the rest of the Stormcast
  • I dislike: 40 Clanrats
  • I'm out because of: the price

Which is to say, if they charged $320 Canadian for the same set, but with the Skaven replaced by some really cool Tzeentch Warriors and 40 Blue Horrors... that wouldn't have shifted my calculus. To drop $320 at once, no matter the "value", I need to love everything present.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Sslyths I guess.

For a second I thought maybe the Khureshi Kobras could be coming to Blood Bowl, but Boa Kon’ssstriktr's scaling is pretty different.

DLNFJeFk5apI4GMm.jpg

1 minute ago, Sabush said:

Could it be Fulgrim for 40K?

Looks too "small" for me. Fulgrim will be huge - the painting on the scales would look pretty awkward at larger sizes.

Edited by LordSolarMach
  • Like 1

The tail twists quite a bit but the body seems to be attached to the left end and not the upper pointing part since the spines are growing larger on the lower part.  It does remind me of the old cold ones models?  Maybe Exodites or new High Elf Dragon for Old World?

• Thanks 1