The Rumour Thread

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, LordSolarMach said:

For a second I thought maybe the Khureshi Kobras could be coming to Blood Bowl, but Boa Kon’ssstriktr's scaling is pretty different.

DLNFJeFk5apI4GMm.jpg

Its really weird since it doesn't actually look like an edge highlight job I would expect from GW painters, they are simply too thick unless the shown part is tiny and then the scale size doesn't add up. Just look at the above scales on the Boa Kon’ssstriktr which look way smoother or at this Sslyth which is now 13 years old and still looks like it has thinner and smoother edge highlights on the scales:

Warhammer 40.000: Neue Vorbestellungen – Brückenkopf-Online.com – das  Tabletop-Hobby Portal

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Seraphon scales are normally bigger than that on Warriors size models and its not a bigger model as you can see the pretty thick edge highlights on the scales.

It actually kinda reminds me of the Dark Elf cold one riders as those had smaller scales. 

But yeah I'm also going with something snake related instead of lizards, but not DoK as those have sharper scales.

I was also reminded of the Dark Elf dinos and monsters by this one. But I think the chances of those kits actually being refreshed soon is really slim.

Because of that, I am going to say it's a 40k or Necromunda thing.

Posted (edited)

I just thought of another idea, what if its not scales but rocks instead? The few scales/rocks in the middle already look like they are highlighted as gems and the other scales/rocks sizes and positions also aren't as ordered and uniform as I would expect from scales. They also look like they have deeper grooves between then than you normally see on scales. 

So what of if's just many small rocks, magically woven together for some kind of golem?

Edited by Matrindur

3 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

I just thought of another idea, what if its not scales but rocks instead? The few scales/rocks in the middle already look like they are highlighted as gems and the other scales/rocks sizes and positions also aren't as ordered and uniform as I would expect from scales. They also look like they have deeper grooves between then than you normally see on scales. 

So what of if's just many rocks, magically woven together for some kind of golem?

I also thought they were gems at the first look.

19 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

It actually kinda reminds me of the Dark Elf cold one riders as those had smaller scales. 

Wait so @Matrindur just confirmed that we are getting Malerion Aelf's the same edition as Chorfs with an updated Malus Darkblade to fight against the Light of Eltharion! 🥹

• Thanks 1

Just now, Vasshpit said:

@dmorley21 Sylvaneth not looking too as per your sad face?

Meant to click the Thanks icon lol. But actually, Sylvaneth are looking kind of rough. A very different playstyle, but reliance on their faction terrain and a lot of do this then roll a die and then if you rolled well you get this. There’s some builds there, but they’ll be very different. 

48 minutes ago, Fellman said:

Tempel guard or mount?

image.png.d0bdc142099f13eefb10dea331de23d8.png

Those central scales look like they're highlighted a lot brighter along what looks like a straight white dot highlight. 

I'm thinking Dragon Ogors, or a new Shaggoth for Beastmen ToW, those scales look like they might be highlighted like lightning. 

54 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Imho Tzeentch should have been in launch set instead of Skaven. A lot of people are waiting for tzeentch warriors, tzeentch warriors on disc , new pink horrors and so on . 

From multiple sources it seems that Skaventide is striving to sell and imho it is for Skaven low popularity/appeal and high price tag .

A lot of people have waited for new skaven too. 

What sources? I think the price tag is off-putting and the fact you can order multiple copies from GW suggests they've either overproduced or demand isn't as great as hoped. However, none of us have access to those details it's just speculation.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think the lord arcanum on tauralon might see play for the next year, especially if Nagash becomes an issue. 10 dice doing mortals on a 2+ each turn will cause Nagash a pretty serious headache. Screenshot_20240709-220805.png.5e451ea32bb5e419fd2aa2738c05fc29.png

He also hands out 5+ wards and +1 to cast. That all seems pretty good. 

I was also curious how much work they'd do for the soon to be legended stuff. There's five pages on new lore but all the unit descriptions are copy pasted from the third edition book. There's also one new battle formation but no lores, artefacts or heroic traits. 

Edited by Chikout

2 hours ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I'm a little resentful of the fact that the mono-god factions all lost the Coaltion option... and a little resentful that it was done without a murmur. Just dropped, not a word said about it. 

But I'm guessing that not a lot of players were using the Coalition rules anyway... I've not seen any real outcry about it. 

It’s particularly dumb for daemon princes. Here’s the four godsworn factions, all incredibly devoted to their patron god and gunning for ascension to princehood… but oh, you can’t use the kit which is specifically built to have god-specific build options with them.

I understand the larger push against allies in the name of a very narrow and tightly controlled version of balance but chaos is a good example of this coming directly at the expense of actual long-standing background and core army theme. No Khorne daemon princes with BoK, no Nurgle daemon princes with Maggotkin, etc.

It’s dumb. Fingers crossed they’re reintroduced somehow in the actual battletomes.

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I was also curious how much work they'd do for the soon to be legended stuff. There's five pages on new lore but all the unit descriptions are copy pasted from the third edition book. There's also one new battle formation but no lores, artefacts or heroic traits. 

As a beasts player I have to pray (and assume) that the lack of artifacts and such is because its the Sacrosanct supplement and they can maybe use the base SCE ones?

• Like 2

Wait hold on, that might be a Coatl tail!  There is an artefact for Seraphon that has a Coatl Familiar that says it's only a Juvenile example of the great feathered serpents and the lightning would make some sense along with the twisting of the tail!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

Imho Tzeentch should have been in launch set instead of Skaven. A lot of people are waiting for tzeentch warriors, tzeentch warriors on disc , new pink horrors and so on . 

From multiple sources it seems that Skaventide is striving to sell and imho it is for Skaven low popularity/appeal and high price tag .

I feel it would have done better if it was lower price, didn’t have so many unneeded extra items, and didn’t spam so many monopose clanrats at you. They also didn’t do a great job marketing the game, probably focus too much on Spearhead and not much on actual promotion of the boxset.

but it probably had to do with the timing too  as this is probably the first normal year without the Covid lingering on which probably gave Dominon and Leviathan a boost in year past.

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I think the lord arcanum on tauralon might see play for the next year, especially if Nagash becomes an issue. 10 dice doing mortals on a 2+ each turn will cause Nagash a pretty serious headache. Screenshot_20240709-220805.png.5e451ea32bb5e419fd2aa2738c05fc29.png

He also hands out 5+ wards and +1 to cast. That all seems pretty good. 

Depend if anyone bother using him due his eventually discontinuation. Sometimes that fact itself is a big dissuasion of people wanting to field him

granted he sort of infamously know for a beautiful model that no one ever bought from stores, so people could genuinely not him in there collection

My two cents is that it didn't really offer anything new. It's mostly updates to already existing things. 

You could say the same for Dominion BUT it was the first time seeing revamped stormies and a completely new take on a very established Geedubs orc design so imo had a bit more wow affect. 

Just me but I'm not interested in either skaventide faction so that doesn't temp me at all. 

• Like 3

image.png.c7d7974aefd162588c816aa0367b5827.png

They messed up the Units for the Fyreslayers spearhead hahaha. I think it's supposed to say 5 Hearthguard Berzerkers twice.

They made a pretty boring Spearhead for FS, but not THIS boring hahaha.

Rules look amazing though, I'm extremely excited for 4th!

• Haha 2

Just have to say I am loving the feel for the armies presented so far I am working right now and I keep looking at warscrolls and hoping to get something done as these are really cool and flavourful updates. 

However, my Cities of Sigmar army is now never going to be complete as I cannot decide a theme on how to build it out.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Snarff said:

They messed up the Units for the Fyreslayers spearhead hahaha. I think it's supposed to say 5 Hearthguard Berzerkers twice.

Yeah. There's an error. They released an Errata already. Where it is saying 5 Hearthguard Berzekers it should say 5 Vulkite Berzekers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Look, we can't have variety in Fyreslayers. I thought we went over this already. :D 

I think the struggles with Skaventide have been exaggerated. We've become so used to GW failing to meet demand that we see not selling out immediately as a failure. When Lego releases a huge expensive set like the millennium falcon or the rivendell set, does it sell out in the pre-order window? Do massively popular video games like call of duty run out of stock week one? Even other game companies like malifaux or marvel crisis protocol or shatter point. Did any of them sell out in the preorder window? 

GW has finally made enough to meet demand. 

There have been quite a few posts saying 'my local store owner was being pressured to order more stock', but I haven't seen a single comment from any store saying that they are struggling to sell. Ministomp is a well known store owner who is active on twitter. He's pretty up front about problems with gw. He was pretty unhappy about the stick issues with the recent kill team box. He said he was pretty happy with his first week sales of Skaventide. I think he ordered something like 900 copies and had about 300 left after the first weekend. 

To give a couple of  specific examples. Alchemist games got 400 copies of Skaventide tide. When I checked their stock level last Thursday, they had about 260 copies left. When I checked today, they were down to 167. If they keep up that rate of sales, they'll be sold out in a couple of weeks. Another company gap games had 65 copies left when I checked last week. Today they are down to 16. 

Here in Japan, the Japanese version of the the game sold out in two days. The Japanese version of Dominion never sold out. 

There was a link posted to an Italian retailer that was offering a 30% discount, but that deal is no longer available. I haven't seen any other retailers doing panicky price cuts on their stock yet which suggests that like alchemist games and gap games, they are steadily selling through their inventory. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5