The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Fellman said:

Tempel guard or mount?

image.png.d0bdc142099f13eefb10dea331de23d8.png

2 hours ago, Draznak said:

It seems too thick for a saurus. I'm leaning towards a mount/monster.

I really hope this is an AOS beastie. New Cold One mount? New Seraphon Dinosaur? Heck maybe even a Fyreslayer mount!!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I think the struggles with Skaventide have been exaggerated. We've become so used to GW failing to meet demand that we see not selling out immediately as a failure. When Lego releases a huge expensive set like the millennium falcon or the rivendell set, does it sell out in the pre-order window? Do massively popular video games like call of duty run out of stock week one? Even other game companies like malifaux or marvel crisis protocol or shatter point. Did any of them sell out in the preorder window? 

GW has finally made enough to meet demand. 

There have been quite a few posts saying 'my local store owner was being pressured to order more stock', but I haven't seen a single comment from any store saying that they are struggling to sell. Ministomp is a well known store owner who is active on twitter. He's pretty up front about problems with gw. He was pretty unhappy about the stick issues with the recent kill team box. He said he was pretty happy with his first week sales of Skaventide. I think he ordered something like 900 copies and had about 300 left after the first weekend. 

To give a couple of  specific examples. Alchemist games got 400 copies of Skaventide tide. When I checked their stock level last Thursday, they had about 260 copies left. When I checked today, they were down to 167. If they keep up that rate of sales, they'll be sold out in a couple of weeks. Another company gap games had 65 copies left when I checked last week. Today they are down to 16. 

Here in Japan, the Japanese version of the the game sold out in two days. The Japanese version of Dominion never sold out. 

There was a link posted to an Italian retailer that was offering a 30% discount, but that deal is no longer available. I haven't seen any other retailers doing panicky price cuts on their stock yet which suggests that like alchemist games and gap games, they are steadily selling through their inventory. 

I think it's only Spikey Bits reporting that Skaventide supposedly failed, with some completely anecdotal evidence and extrapolated conclusions. They've never been a reliable source. It reads like they just desperately want AoS to fail for some reason.

• Like 11

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I think it's only Spikey Bits reporting that Skaventide supposedly failed, with some completely anecdotal evidence and extrapolated conclusions. They've never been a reliable source. It reads like they just desperately want AoS to fail for some reason.

The funny thing is that doomsayers tend to come from two angles those that hope something will fail and those that are terrified of something failing. Together they create a narrative that becomes cyclical and is not based on internal numbers or actual sales data. 

As someone that works in the film industry I see this so often when people discuss box office numbers or television ratings. 

In terms of my own feelings on Skaventide, love the box and the models but I am having a little trouble finding someone to split the box with. But this is because I am interested in the Stormcast and most of my friends tend to play noblebright factions or death and so despite loving the skaven models they are not inclined to take that half of the army (well one friend is but his wife is extremely phobic of rats and wont let him). In otherwords I am the one of my gaming group that would be most inclined to play Skaven, but don't have the finances to start another army at the moment. I am thinking of getting it and seeing if I can trade someone the Skaven side for a Cities of Sigmar Spearhead or at least the value of it (not sure if that is asking for too much). 

Edited by Neverchosen

29 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I think the struggles with Skaventide have been exaggerated. We've become so used to GW failing to meet demand that we see not selling out immediately as a failure. When Lego releases a huge expensive set like the millennium falcon or the rivendell set, does it sell out in the pre-order window? Do massively popular video games like call of duty run out of stock week one? Even other game companies like malifaux or marvel crisis protocol or shatter point. Did any of them sell out in the preorder window? 

There have been quite a few posts saying 'my local store owner was being pressured to order more stock', but I haven't seen a single comment from any store saying that they are struggling to sell. Ministomp is a well known store owner who is active on twitter. He's pretty up front about problems with gw. He was pretty unhappy about the stick issues with the recent kill team box. He said he was pretty happy with his first week sales of Skaventide. I think he ordered something like 900 copies and had about 300 left after the first weekend. 

To give a couple of  specific examples. Alchemist games got 400 copies of Skaventide tide. When I checked their stock level last Thursday, they had about 260 copies left. When I checked today, they were down to 167. If they keep up that rate of sales, they'll be sold out in a couple of weeks. Another company gap games had 65 copies left when I checked last week. Today they are down to 16. 

Here in Japan, the Japanese version of the the game sold out in two days. The Japanese version of Dominion never sold out. 

There was a link posted to an Italian retailer that was offering a 30% discount, but that deal is no longer available. I haven't seen any other retailers doing panicky price cuts on their stock yet which suggests that like alchemist games and gap games, they are steadily selling through their inventory. 

Spanish retailer with a 30% discount went down to 25% the last time I checked. Also, I think it is performing super well. At least that's the feedback I got.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Snarff said:

To my mind spikey bits are, if you'll excuse my language, ******** clickbaiters who I wouldnt trust to tell me the sky was blue. I remember when they randomly tried to do a character assassination on Juan Hidalgo, of all people, but thankfully the online community rallied around him and told spikey bits where to shove it.

Edited by Gaz Taylor
tweaked for swearing!
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

50 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I really hope this is an AOS beastie. New Cold One mount? New Seraphon Dinosaur? Heck maybe even a Fyreslayer mount!!

I hope it's for a seraphon beast as well. The size of the scales lead me to believe that it's smaller than something like an aggradon or carnosaur. The highlights on the dorsal scales/osteoderms are pretty thick. This might be a basing element for a bigger seraphon model. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Yup!

My advice is to totally ignore anything from Spikey Bits. It's all to generate traffic to the site and get ad revenue. Pretty much anything they mention is either a repost/quote or something they have written to get you checking the site. 

I think Skaventide is selling well. I've not noticed too many comments about it not selling and I'm tempted with a box with the retailer discount. It all depends on what I get for my birthday :D

Back to rumours - Chapter Master Valrak is suggesting there will be a preview show soon as in the next few weeks. Personally, I doubt this and I think we will see something for the Nova Open which is at the end of August. 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Fellman said:

Tempel guard or mount?

This weirdly reminds me of Scyla’s Tail, especially his newer Blood bowl iteration, could it be an updated Scyla? The scales or too “rocky” for serpents and dinos, so it leaves me with either the scales found on magmadroths or flesh hounds and Scyla, maybe it’s khorgus Khul’s new daemon tail 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Yup!

My advice is to totally ignore anything from Spikey Bits. It's all to generate traffic to the site and get ad revenue. Pretty much anything they mention is either a repost/quote or something they have written to get you checking the site. 

I think Skaventide is selling well. I've not noticed too many comments about it not selling and I'm tempted with a box with the retailer discount. It all depends on what I get for my birthday :D

Back to rumours - Chapter Master Valrak is suggesting there will be a preview show soon as in the next few weeks. Personally, I doubt this and I think we will see something for the Nova Open which is at the end of August. 

100% we will have another one before Nova for the winner of Hel Crown.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2024 at 5:49 PM, Deakz28 said:

This weirdly reminds me of Scyla’s Tail, especially his newer Blood bowl iteration, could it be an updated Scyla? The scales or too “rocky” for serpents and dinos, so it leaves me with either the scales found on magmadroths or flesh hounds and Scyla, maybe it’s khorgus Khul’s new daemon tail 

Uhhh. Good catch! It could be Khul.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

In terms of my own feelings on Skaventide, love the box and the models but I am having a little trouble finding someone to split the box with. But this is because I am interested in the Stormcast and most of my friends tend to play noblebright factions or death and so despite loving the skaven models they are not inclined to take that half of the army (well one friend is but his wife is extremely phobic of rats and wont let him). In otherwords I am the one of my gaming group that would be most inclined to play Skaven, but don't have the finances to start another army at the moment. I am thinking of getting it and seeing if I can trade someone the Skaven side for a Cities of Sigmar Spearhead or at least the value of it (not sure if that is asking for too much). 

Funnily enough I think I'll be in the opposite situation,  where I expect to struggle to find someone to split or trade the Stormcast side away with, since I expect the Skaven half to be much more popular - but, that said, it's also because I now live in a foreign country where I haven't yet managed to get plugged into the local AoS gaming scene. Hopefully I'll be able to correct that once Skaventide's out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

view show soon as in the next few weeks. Personally, I doubt this and I think we will see something for the Nova Open which is at the end of August.

I also doubt a preview being that soon and not announced yet, unless it's the minis of the faction that's won the Hel Crown campaign.

Regarding Nova Open, it probably won't have a big AoS reveal but possibly the first 2 battletomes after SCE and Skaven. Probably a TOW army (if Dwarfs have even come out by that point), possibly with a new mini. I'd say there might be a chance for a Warcry season, the last few sets of warbands released rapidly after one another and we're due for the new season.

I'm scared for Underworlds. I hope the rumours about its discontinuation are completely false. There hasn't been any Underworlds news for a while now since Wintermaw in March. We're hopefully due for a new Warband reveal. Even if the models can't be used in AoS, they still have rules in Warcry and the game itself continues to be amazing. The models also continue to be among the most dynamic, innovative and expressive models GW produces.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Yup!

100% agree about Spikeybits. Disagree about the preview. I'm about 90% sure we'll get an announcement next Monday and a Not AoS preview on July 20th. We'll get the winnings side of the AoS campaign in early August and the other side at Nova, hopefully alongside a roadmap. I expect to see agents of the imperium announced next week, another unit for Hersey admech, another underworlds warband and possibly  the second edition of kill team which may be launching as soon as August, (the last edition launched about a month after AoS third edition)though Necromunda might interfere with that. 

To be clear the short window is what happened with the not 40k preview last year. It was announced and shown in the same week. 

Edited by Chikout

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

100% we will have another one before Nova for the winner of Hel Crown.

Ooh forgot about that but thinking about it, I think we will just see a video/short update. Would be cool to see a preview about whoever wins like they did with 40K. I don't remember them mentioning they were doing anything like that though. I'm happy to be proven wrong! :D 

3 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I'm scared for Underworlds. I hope the rumours about its discontinuation are completely false. There hasn't been any Underworlds news for a while now since Wintermaw in March. We're hopefully due for a new Warband reveal. Even if the models can't be used in AoS, they still have rules in Warcry and the game itself continues to be amazing. The models also continue to be among the most dynamic, innovative and expressive models GW produces.

I can't see them discontinuing Underworlds but I can see them changing it and possibly making it more of a board game than a collectable CCG with models (which is why I stopped playing it). 

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Disagree about the preview. I'm about 90% sure we'll get an announcement next Monday and a Not AoS preview on July 20th.

Again, I'm happy to be proven wrong! :D 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Funnily enough I think I'll be in the opposite situation,  where I expect to struggle to find someone to split or trade the Stormcast side away with, since I expect the Skaven half to be much more popular - but, that said, it's also because I now live in a foreign country where I haven't yet managed to get plugged into the local AoS gaming scene. Hopefully I'll be able to correct that once Skaventide's out.

I feel like the Skaven side will be the more easily traded, I just don't love going onto trading forums as I can be pretty shy (when I am not using a pseudonym). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fellman said:

Tempel guard or mount?

Looks more like a snake than a Seraphon dinosaur. Obviously I’ve seen many people stating it could be Fulgrim or even an Exodite, I’d say it’s something AoS, either DoK or another faction that has snakes (SBGL, Slaanesh)

3 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Looks more like a snake than a Seraphon dinosaur. Obviously I’ve seen many people stating it could be Fulgrim or even an Exodite, I’d say it’s something AoS, either DoK or another faction that has snakes (SBGL, Slaanesh)

I hope its part of a dragon. It doesn't matter if it is for AoS or TOW. I just want more plastic dragons😃

6 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I hope its part of a dragon. It doesn't matter if it is for AoS or TOW. I just want more plastic dragons😃

Think carefully about what you wish:

Tomb King/Liche Priest montado en Necrolith Bone Dragon

Next time specify the % of meat the dragon has to have.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

So happy for you !

BTW did we already discussed that lore PDF for the Hel Crown Camapgin ?!

Available on WarCom --> AOS Downloads --> at the end of the page : 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/07/YqXCGbsNnT6QVq1f.pdf

what else is hidden like this... there's not even an article linking to this?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chikout said:

We said the same about dominion but it been hammer to death that it didn’t do well either so shrug. Despite GW bragging about the sale and YouTube view (which Skaventide fail to reach even remotely close)

though it looks like it struggling in NA which is like the only two primary market where Japan is very irrelevant because of the Gundam dominant market

Edited by novakai
  • Confused 5

4 hours ago, cyrus said:

From multiple sources it seems that Skaventide is striving to sell and imho it is for Skaven low popularity/appeal and high price tag .

Why is everyone suddenly saying Skaven are low popularity? They're like a landmark of Warhammer. Everyone went nuts when they came with Total Warhammer 2.

4 hours ago, Fellman said:

Tempel guard or mount?

as a Reptile Kid this definitely feels more like a snake.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, novakai said:

We said the same about dominion but it been hammer to death that it didn’t do well either so shrug

though it looks like it struggling in NA which is like the only two primary market where Japan is very irrelevant because of the Gundam dominant market

Never thought about that, I wonder if Tau sell better in Japan? They certainly have that mech suit vibe. They're the least played faction here in our local meta (Maine, USA) but then again I have no idea how well they do across the rest of the USA or world.