The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Ragest said:

The bigger problem with the box is all that spearhead's stuff forced into.

Is impossible to pick more than one without one (or two) safe buyers of the books and the scenery and the price is inflated because of those books and scenery.

Apart from that, the sce part is boring as hell, almost the same-libs with almost the same paladins with almost the sane prosecutors with almost the same arcanum. The price of those parts is tanking hard in second market.

Skaven is really fine btw, is having pretty success in my country, with way more demand than offers. Could be better with some vermins instead of a double of clanrats just for the big number, but fine.

The problem with all those hobbyist that want to start skaven and give them a try in the real mode of Sigmar is that you should get the scenery and endless, wich are expensive and almost impossible 

What secondary market are you looking at?Screenshot_20240710-182312.png.a55f214d45d75bc615912057bc5150f4.png On eBay the Stormcast stuff is outselling the Skaven stuff and is not cheaper. This is from the same seller. The same price for prosecutors and rat ogres and the prosecutors have sold more than double the rat ogres. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Chikout said:

What secondary market are you looking at?Screenshot_20240710-182312.png.a55f214d45d75bc615912057bc5150f4.png On eBay the Stormcast stuff is outselling the Skaven stuff and is not cheaper. This is from the same seller. The same price for prosecutors and rat ogres and the prosecutors have sold more than double the rat ogres. 

In my country sce parts are sold for 60€ and skaven for 70-75€

There is a long waitlist for skaven parts in the clubs because nobody wants the sce one to split, or even worse, the spearhead part.

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Another nudge here

Can we keep the sales discussion out of this topic? Maybe start another one to specifically discuss it? Although I think it's not going to come to any conclusion due to no available information about the sales info.

Anyway back to rumours but I think it's going to be quiet for a while due to the rules and faction packs dropping now. :D 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Skaven clan pestilence would be a good contender as can be the possible culprits to have brought the eye of chotec down to the Gnarlwood as for Cities i do think we see a warband of explorers/conquistadors to have the closing story of Ven Talax since they constantly mention his disappearance and not "death" 

Finally got around for read the Assault on Hel's Claw so some interesting lore tidbit from it

OFr8xYeKGU4Hw27V.jpg

• Unless it set before the ruin of it Emberguard is still being protected and we see bit of the Embergard incursions of the battle
  • Hammer of sigmar & Hallowed Knights are the biggest forces keeping the vermindoom from breaching the Adamantine chain in the south. However it is the Sons of Mallus & Astral Templar who are getting success from the Varaguard chamber assassinating & sabotaging skaven hierarchy and machinery
  • Har Huron is sending bunch of Daughter of Khaine to battling Clan Pestilence in the seas to the north while Fyreslayer are mobilizing on mass to reclaim various magmaholds in the chain to act a wall against them. Kharadon also come in a lend a hand since this vermindoom is bad for business
    • Side note dwarfs still call skaven "Thaggoraki"
  • Grunnar Brand is assembling a horde of darkoath against the skaven after the events of DB6 
  • Apparently the Ruination chamber is a conspiracy/rumor among the other chamber as unless indoctrinated one can't even know the location of the Bleak Citadel. Each Legion has their own Citadel hidden somewhere in the realm
  • The Skaven great bell shown on the map well it call Warpshatter Bells superior screaming bells crafted by master clan which upon ringing causes panic, earthquakes and insanity toward victim but to Skaven beserker rage. Problem it burn out too quickly so it requires high maintenance of sacrifice
  • The Gnaw is described to be a massive polluted irritated wasteland of just ash and warpfire. burned Human, skaven & Dwarf skeletons are half burry, towns bombed out, cogforts scavenge of it guns & simply breathing causes poison and eyes bleeding. (basically a Soulborn swamp)
  • The Battle of Hel's Claw shown in the map is the Knight Questor of the box getting the lord vigilant and his ruination chamber to go out a destroy one of these Warpshatter bells and suicide mission succeeds
  • Morrda is very heavily involved in the Ruination chamber from power fueling the weapons like the fire & axes to him picking and heralding the stormcast into the chamber through his Grim-rooks
  • What happens to the stormcast post Lord Terminos execution is unknown to all but Sigmar. Theory being Morrda shepherd them to peaceful oblivion, reincarnation into a Azyrite beast or Soul are dissolved back into sigmar power
  • Lord Veritant was slowly replaced by the Order of Azyr as the realm's Witch hunters resulted in them being part of the ruination chamber as a corruption security check on those in the citadel. Some will blind themselves to better do their job and can sentence anyone with darkness within to be executed by Lord Terminos (but is super rare)
  • A weird contradiction in that Reclusians are so far reforged that even the chaos gods can't find a way to corrupt them. Their describe to be a fleshy necron tanking hits and dealing it back
  • Most of Skaven stuff is not new or noteworthy by should mention despite not getting much all the clans this wave are represented and talk about in lore from the Eshin spy/assassin helping out every skaven page to Clan Pestilence mention above 
  • Gnaw-beast are half horse, rat & hound all grafted together and curse with the Black hunger ever eternally starving

Appart from the tidbits, was it a good read?

3 hours ago, Tonhel said:

I really dislike clones and how my mini's look on the battlefield are very important for me. I am a very slow painter and I try to paint my basic troops to the same level as my heroes. So  I try to achieve the same level for every mini I paint. Combined with being easily distracted, it's no easy task to have a painted army on the battlefield😉.

The new Skaven range is amazing, but the old clanrats weren't bad at all. Same as imo the old stormvermin.

So when I have managed to paint (which I didn't) the old IoB skaven, I wouldn't replace them with the new Skaven. Because the improvements are only visible at painting distance. This is not me advocating for clone mini's at all. It's one my hobby goals to never have the same mini (clone) twice in my army. It's one of the reasons I never had reinforced Warcry StD units in my army as this would resulted in having some clones.

I would 100% bought new plague monks as the old sculpts are ugly and the old clanrats/stormvermin aren't (imo)

We have the same goals then. No clones nor ugly minis allowed 😄 

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

32 minutes ago, Ragest said:

The bigger problem with the box is all that spearhead's stuff forced into.

Is impossible to pick more than one without one (or two) safe buyers of the books and the scenery and the price is inflated because of those books and scenery.

Apart from that, the sce part is boring as hell, almost the same-libs with almost the same paladins with almost the sane prosecutors with almost the same arcanum. The price of those parts is tanking hard in second market.

Skaven is really fine btw, is having pretty success in my country, with way more demand than offers. Could be better with some vermins instead of a double of clanrats just for the big number, but fine.

The problem with all those hobbyist that want to start skaven and give them a try in the real mode of Sigmar is that you should get the scenery and endless, wich are expensive and almost impossible 

I literally put for sale some stuff yesterday. Prices are not tanking at all. In fact, some stuff sells at higher prices than Dominion's equivalent in the launch week.

Did Seraphon always have Terradon and Ripperdactyl chiefs? They're present as hero options in the index, but I don't recall them existing beforehand.

If this is a new development, it makes me think the next wave of Seraphon models may be larger than just Saurus guard.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

Did Seraphon always have Terradon and Ripperdactyl chiefs? They're present as hero options in the index, but I don't recall them existing beforehand.

If this is a new development, it makes me think the next wave of Seraphon models may be larger than just Saurus guard.

I think they've always existed just as an option or one of the models in the 3 model kit to be built as the character which is why in the points list there's options for 3 or 2 model units:

image.png.0263f72e6af0bb05eb18cd8a4442d24b.png

This is the case for Crypt Horror/Flayers and their respective characters

3 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

It may have been brought up already but, Korghos Khul is gone from the Blades of Khorne list of units? The Mighty Lord is still there:

image.png.f88a88b6ba1b2e5a9d1f183a1153208c.png

Could be a sign for the future?

Was Korghos Khul ever a named character? I thought he was always a generic Mighty Lord.

14 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

It may have been brought up already but, Korghos Khul is gone from the Blades of Khorne list of units? The Mighty Lord is still there:

image.png.f88a88b6ba1b2e5a9d1f183a1153208c.png

Could be a sign for the future?

It seems so. I hope that Vandus returns with a new model too

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Beliman said:

It seems so. I hope that Vandus returns with a new model too

I thought Vandus degenerated into a Lighning Gheist in the story (did not read the Dawnbringers books).

I think it would be nice if things were final for Vandus. I don't really want to move beyond Gheistdom into Stormcast-Dreadnaught territory.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cyrus said:

My fear is this box really underrepresents AoS popularity.

I don't think one box is completely representative of AoSs popularity as a whole. It's just sort of a very specialized boxset that imo doesn't have as much grand appeal as previous ones. 

Skaven as an example are sort of a cult classic faction as in maybe not as many fans but the ones that are definitely make up for the ones that aren't. 

I'm sure it's selling fine enough and the feelings I'm seeing for 4th is overall positivity. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Lore behind Sacrosanct ‘ s deletion AKA Sigmar lied via Reddit 

IMG_1317.jpeg.4bbc0443dd948e7079bf3a566a5bec55.jpeg

That last part about Astreia going off alone feels like they left a backdoor to bring Sacrosanct back if they want to but if so it would be in a future edition with new models so doesn't really matter for the now squatted kits

• Like 6

Beasts of Chaos battletome seems to leave them open for return. They're diminished but not defeated, and Ghorraghan Khai escaped with a piece of Morghur.

'The realms had not yet glimpsed the last of Morghur - or his worshippers.'

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Snarff said:

Beasts of Chaos battletome seems to leave them open for return. They're diminished but not defeated, and Ghorraghan Khai escaped with a piece of Morghur.

'The realms had not yet glimpsed the last of Morghur - or his worshippers.'

Hopefully it ends in something real and it is not just a way to calm the waters.

• Like 3