The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Sahrial said:

So something I’ve been thinking about today with the release of the BoC digital battletome:

do we think that was an intentionally light/low effort tome, or representative of the eventual tomes we’ll see?

Because it seemed to me to be exactly the same as everyone else’s faction pack with a few pages of lore added to it.

I don’t think we have an answer, and I wonder how much do we really expect the battletomes to expand and change the index packs?

We’ll find out soon enough, either way.

I’m pretty sure it’s intentional. They’re not going to devote that much time to factions that, in less than a year, will be confined to Legends for at least a few more years (Inevitable Sacrosanct return)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I knew that the big mauls would count as well, but I must have missed how many options total I had on the sprues I still have available.  I'm just glad to know I'm wrong, haha.

As for the Mutants, I'm just gonna use them as my champions.

Tzaangor have a silly number of options. I'm just glad this edition it makes sense to arm them with the special weapons. Last edition the basic load out was better, which is silly. Not to say it can't ever be better, but it makes more sense when its ranged weapons, where range and a lot more factors can be included. I'm not sure I'm remembering right, but you used to be able to take tzaangor in 5s with every model in the unit being special, like mutant, banner bearer, musician, champ, 2 hand weapon, and another 2 hand weapon on the banner or champ.

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

Ignore. 

(I got annoyed at Red Kings' constant crying and negativity, but remembered there is an ignore feature)

How about you stop the constant passive-aggressive ****** you're pulling? 

Beasts of Chaos players have a valid reason to be miffed at the moment (imagine your army got removed) and no white knighting will change it. And no, this isn't even an attack, just a piece of advice. You do you but let others have their opinions.

• Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

Tzaangor have a silly number of options. I'm just glad this edition it makes sense to arm them with the special weapons. Last edition the basic load out was better, which is silly. Not to say it can't ever be better, but it makes more sense when its ranged weapons, where range and a lot more factors can be included. I'm not sure I'm remembering right, but you used to be able to take tzaangor in 5s with every model in the unit being special, like mutant, banner bearer, musician, champ, 2 hand weapon, and another 2 hand weapon on the banner or champ.

It wasn't just 5 but 2 savage greatblades per 5, 1 musician per 10, 1 standard bearer per 10, 1 mutant per 5 and one champion in the whole unit. Yep, pretty convoluted.

I know I'm adding to the discourse, but can we just move past the BoC and BS stuff completely in this thread?
It happened, it's done and it's not a rumour. It sucks and you can totally talk about it, but I don't think it's very relevant to this thread anymore, yeah? 😩

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MitGas said:

How about you stop the constant passive-aggressive ****** you're pulling? 

Beasts of Chaos players have a valid reason to be miffed at the moment (imagine your army got removed) and no white knighting will change it. And no, this isn't even an attack, just a piece of advice. You do you but let others have their opinions.

I'm a BoC player (over 10k points) I have been for the entire AoS lifespan (and previously fantasy)and will continue to be so for many years to come. 

The previous pages have several comments from Mods asking folk not to post constant negative toxic sludge. And that's all Red King has done for several weeks now! I saw it yet again and got annoyed. I made a post basically saying it was tiring.

Then I thought better of it and removed it and just decided to put him on ignore. Then you charge in on your White Horse with an Attack.

This is the rumour thread. Not the "****** on GW, on every post, because I'm sad my army isn't being supported" - thread. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I'm a BoC player (over 10k points) I have been for the entire AoS lifespan (and previously fantasy)and will continue to be so for many years to come. 

The previous pages have several comments from Mods asking folk not to post constant negative toxic sludge. And that's all Red King has done for several weeks now! I saw it yet again and got annoyed. I made a post basically saying it was tiring.

Then I thought better of it and removed it and just decided to put him on ignore. Then you charge in on your White Horse with an Attack.

This is the rumour thread. Not the "****** on GW, on every post, because I'm sad my army isn't being supported" - thread. 

And I made a post saying the way you‘re conducting yourself currently is tiring. I find that much more toxic than people lamenting things. Maybe just let the mods deal with it or simply overlook posts that trigger you? 

That aside, I do feel bad for your  BOC army - sorry that happened. 

16 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

I know I'm adding to the discourse, but can we just move past the BoC and BS stuff completely in this thread?
It happened, it's done and it's not a rumour. It sucks and you can totally talk about it, but I don't think it's very relevant to this thread anymore, yeah? 😩

I think, all things as they are, the occasional spurt of complaints isn't so bad.  Especially if we can compare it to many.... eruptions we've seen in the hobby.

For now, I will take this moment to add what I have chosen to be a proper memoriam of the Brayherds, and what I consider their final battle to have looked like.

Beasts End.png

• Haha 1

Yeah... everyone needs to chill and just remember it is a live service game. It cycles in and cycles out and basically always has.

On that topic, I am curious if the rumours of a retiring of Underworlds turn out to be true or not - and if not, will the new season+ provide proper warscrolls - or is it going to be totally divergent and how that will affect sales and thus potential continuation.

• Like 1

Everyone, these are birthing pains.  If we're getting bothered by our contemporaries and their words let's take a step back.  We aren't here because we hate Age of Sigmar, we're here because we feel strongly about it.  No matter what faction, no matter what Age, we're all gonna root for what we care about.
I lost Beasts twice - once to the End Times and now to 4e.  I know my faction will never canonically be important, other than as the resume of better factions.  It sucks.  But we as fans, get to take a breath and make our own decisions.  We're all one community.  Let's all take a breath - look at what we see - and begin making.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I’m pretty sure it’s intentional. They’re not going to devote that much time to factions that, in less than a year, will be confined to Legends for at least a few more years (Inevitable Sacrosanct return)

Yeah, that’s what I really hope it is, but I have this low grade background anxiety about it. Lol

Our faction packs are way more involved and detailed with options than 40K got for 10th. With those you got a couple army rules and a single subfaction option, everything else waiting for their codexes.

We got full if sometimes sparse army rules, four sub factions apiece, and then multiple manifestation lores.

Admittedly I haven’t picked one up myself, but from what I understand of the 40K codexes, our indexes are comparable looking at the level of rules by itself, not fluff. Other than some final edits, GW production timelines says at least few army’s battletomes are already in a warehouse somewhere, or at least a near final draft on a computer at their design dept, and if they worked hard to get fleshed out rules for the indexes (because they learned from 40k’s release?), how much effort can reasonably go into doing notable changes to the army rules again in the same edition for their book, right?

My gut says our books may not actually change that much from the indexes, is all. Some more formations would be nice. Traits, artefacts, spell lores. I think we may need to curb some of the expectations for major army “fixes” some people are talking about, though.

If I’m wrong and everyone gets significant quality of life changes, I’ll be ecstatic, though, don’t get me wrong.

I bring some rumors with a spoon of salt.

A content creator i follow talked about 2 things:

-gnoblars will become "aesthetically different from the past"/less grot-like.

Seems the designers want to stress the idea that the realms force to adapts like kruleboyz did.

-something new with Trolls(imho a gsg unit?)

The source Is pretty reliable but he also said these rumors are "vague" not too specific.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Thanks 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I'd like to see those little hill/mountain gobbos diverge from the overall git aesthetic. Would be interesting to see what they could cook up for them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sahrial said:

So something I’ve been thinking about today with the release of the BoC digital battletome:

do we think that was an intentionally light/low effort tome, or representative of the eventual tomes we’ll see?

Because it seemed to me to be exactly the same as everyone else’s faction pack with a few pages of lore added to it.

I don’t think we have an answer, and I wonder how much do we really expect the battletomes to expand and change the index packs?

We’ll find out soon enough, either way.

I think the issue is considering a battletome. I don't think it was ever stated it would be a battletome, so they didn't make a low effort. As you said, if it feels like they put exactly the same work as the rest, they did what they promised.

As per what we can expect, use 40k as a reference, we are in a pretty similar scenario right now.

3 hours ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

While I agree, in this particular scenario there was a reason tied to rumours. The new piece of lore. It will happen the same once we can see the BS index as it will have a new piece of lore with maybe new hits for its come back, as it happened with BoC.

3 hours ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Yeah... everyone needs to chill and just remember it is a live service game. It cycles in and cycles out and basically always has.

On that topic, I am curious if the rumours of a retiring of Underworlds turn out to be true or not - and if not, will the new season+ provide proper warscrolls - or is it going to be totally divergent and how that will affect sales and thus potential continuation.

No new Warscrolls for AoS, maybe for Warcry, as we haven't lost those yet.

1 hour ago, Sahrial said:

Yeah, that’s what I really hope it is, but I have this low grade background anxiety about it. Lol

Our faction packs are way more involved and detailed with options than 40K got for 10th. With those you got a couple army rules and a single subfaction option, everything else waiting for their codexes.

We got full if sometimes sparse army rules, four sub factions apiece, and then multiple manifestation lores.

Admittedly I haven’t picked one up myself, but from what I understand of the 40K codexes, our indexes are comparable looking at the level of rules by itself, not fluff. Other than some final edits, GW production timelines says at least few army’s battletomes are already in a warehouse somewhere, or at least a near final draft on a computer at their design dept, and if they worked hard to get fleshed out rules for the indexes (because they learned from 40k’s release?), how much effort can reasonably go into doing notable changes to the army rules again in the same edition for their book, right?

My gut says our books may not actually change that much from the indexes, is all. Some more formations would be nice. Traits, artefacts, spell lores. I think we may need to curb some of the expectations for major army “fixes” some people are talking about, though.

If I’m wrong and everyone gets significant quality of life changes, I’ll be ecstatic, though, don’t get me wrong.

Maybe not quality of life changes, but I would expect a change as big as the 40k ones. If we start in a more advanced position in comparison, we will end in a more advanced position. The new rules team have proved to be pretty good so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I bring some rumors with a spoon of salt.

A content creator i follow talked about 2 things:

Seems the designers want to stress the idea that the realms force to adapts like kruleboyz did.

-something new with Trolls(imho a gsg unit?)

The source Is pretty reliable but he also said these rumors are "vague" not too specific.

Tweaking Gnoblars makes sense and also something new for Trolls, but the most important bit here is that the Ogors rework gets confirmation!

Beastmen will return at some point, probably not this edition but somewhere down the line. 

We're living in a time of squats being un-squated and chaos dwarves returning, not to mention all the old stuff that's made or making an appearance recently - zoats, ambulls, Necromunda spyres, gnomes. 

GW is a big machine, constantly turning and making everything old new again, sadly the wheel is slow moving and we'll probably have to wait awhile to build our herdstones again. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Beastmen will return at some point, probably not this edition but somewhere down the line. 

We're living in a time of squats being un-squated and chaos dwarves returning, not to mention all the old stuff that's made or making an appearance recently - zoats, ambulls, Necromunda spyres, gnomes. 

GW is a big machine, constantly turning and making everything old new again, sadly the wheel is slow moving and we'll probably have to wait awhile to build our herdstones again. 

I just hope that whatever new iteration they get, if they get one, is something that the old BoC players like.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1