The Rumour Thread

Feels like it could be agents. Chalnath was already visited from Kill Team and feels odd to revisit, unless it is just for story flavour before they move to the current setting. Though if it is for kill team it is nice for the game to get a little story teaser rather than just the larger games.

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Someone who has time to read it. What happens to them? Do we also have hints of a possible comeback?

Skaven magic give Shamans headaches.

Shamans send some Bonesplitters to crump Incarnates to calm the realm magic and some to crump Skaven.

Headaches do get better but Bonesplitters like hitting Skaven and Incarnates so they want to stay there and not return until every last Skaven is crumped and we all know how infinite the Skaven are.

So might return in the future if they get bored of just hitting those two but I wouldn't bet on it

Edited by Matrindur
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

So they not purge or "left" most just went to the edge of the realm and some contingency is actually participating in the Vermindoom....ok that honestly better then the rest 

Screenshot_20240712_085638_OneDrive.jpg.b51ff6e0d466f39c31e66b31e58aea5c.jpg

But it is even weirder that they are participating actively in the Skavendoom but got removed, unless when they finally disappear in 2025 get another bit of lore updating what happened with them.

The picture of the next stormbringer (73) seems to indicate the new ard boyz anyone got it early and can confrim, apologies if this has been discussed, I just got 72 from my local shop.

I thought it would be the old ones.

Edited by Kempak

1 minute ago, Kempak said:

The picture of the next stormbringer (73) seems to indicate the new ard boyz anyone got it early and can confrim, apologies if this has been discussed, I just got 72 from my local shop.

It is 10 of the new ones for sure. Grabbed one the other day

• Like 1

Out of all the factions getting cut, Bonesplitterz surprisingly seem like the least affected narratively? They’re kind of doing what they do regardless, since everyone’s knee deep in rats at the moment.

Pretty easy to bring them back into the range, maybe altered by all that outer realm energy.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Kempak said:

Hey, there's a thread dedicated to Stormbringer where this topic has been discussed. There have been hints in various images about this replacement, and even one forum member asked Hachette. We haven't seen the sprues yet, but it looks like it is not an error.

• Like 2

I kind of hope Stormcast win, I love chaos and will always secretly cheer when it wins. But for all the people raging that Stormcast are just Sigmarines it will be fun to say they beat the popular Skaven where the Space Marines were eaten by bugs.

I have always found the idea that Angelic Paladins are somehow ripping off Space Marines so hilarious when they are just blatant science fiction versions of that same archetype. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I kind of hope Stormcast win, I love chaos and will always secretly cheer when it wins. But for all the people raging that Stormcast are just Sigmarines it will be fun to say they beat the popular Skaven where the Space Marines were eaten by bugs.

I have always found the idea that Angelic Paladins are somehow ripping off Space Marines so hilarious when they are just blatant science fiction versions of that same archetype. 

I for one would never vote for Space Marines to win anything.

I would, however, vote for Stormcast to win something even though I don't collect them.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

57 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I just want a stormcast win that not just Realmgate lore

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am SO excited to get my box tomorrow ! Also preorder WD 502 to get the MAPS poster :D

As @Chikout "ever the sage just like Ghurk" mentioned some numbers, here are some other anecdotal evidence from my region : 

Spoiler

the french-speaking "major" - for Switzerland - cities in the part of the country around Geneva

My main FLGS expected to order c. 40 Skaventide boxes. After the preorder period, they sold almost double, ending at 90. In our town there are 3 FLGS (no official GW store in Switzerland), that's the number for just one of them (which isn't the cheapest). Also in our area the AOS community is only 10% smaller then 40k's (and two time bigger than WFB+9th Age+TOW).

Looking forward to Hel's Crown campaing !!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Vote for Stormcasts!

Do your part! : r/Helldivers

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think a Stormcast/Freeguild victory at Hel Crown would be the narratively more interesting outcome. Especially if Hel Crown can stabilize and become an important city later on. If it gets wiped out I don't really think that would be interesting. 

I have the feeling this is already written. Imagine all the work designing the city emblem and city map and then sitting and waiting for the city to be destroyed based on the players' votes.

Edited by Ejecutor