The Rumour Thread

This is pretty interesting!

While the ratmen and the warriors of Sigmar battle for control of the city interior, other factions will fight to seize power in the area around Hel Crown. In addition to the results from your Skaventide boxed set, you will be able to enter battle results between all other factions at the same website, shaping the outcome of the wider struggle.

I hope it ends with something interesting lore-wise.

Lore apart, if we check everything we got (from the last months of the edition to this event and the launch set) and compare it with its equivalent from 40k, from an objective POV, the AoS team is making everything one step or two better.

- More books/ releases during the campaign end.
- Better minis. Is this one objective? Sure it is!!
- Well-rounded and apparently better-balanced indexes.
- Pushing spearhead and making it an interesting game mode.
- End of the edition in stores campaign.
- No Space Marines.
- The voting event has more options, so everyone can participate and feel its contribution is meaningful.
- Launch set that can be used as a closed game box.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I hope it ends with something interesting lore-wise.

Yeah, there's zero chance of that happening. Pattern recognition is a thing, and GW has a long history of completely ignoring things like this the moment they're done.

Like as not, they've just got "<REPLACE WITH WINNING FACTION> won but now the <REPLACE WITH LOSING FACTION> are still struggling on the outskirts, unwilling to simply let the city be taken!" pre-written and ready to Ctrl-H.

Stories with meaningful outcomes, impacts, and consequences are anathema to GW.

I should also add, the box insert for this is also written nearly exclusively from the Stormcast perspective, and the box rather notoriously is HEAVILY biased in favor of the Stormcast to the point of the Skaven being borderline unplayable in it. GW absolutely has their thumb on the scale, which on its own is why people will vote against the Stormcast: because GW wants them to win, and everyone hates GW.

Edited by Amenephis
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I'd be honest,i want order to win as i want Helcrown to become a full "playable" city with his heraldry,lore and so on.
Bleak order "bastion" in the skaven hellscape is really grimdark and hopeful at the same time.

I can definitely get behind that, but personally, I think it's a great setup for another Warhammer Quest/Warcry season/new Mordheim, and with GW repeatedly going out of their way to emphasize that for some reason every faction in all of the entire setting is deeply concerned with this one entirely random city...

...I think that that would be a much better use for it. No one wins, it's just perpetually the urban combat environment.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Amenephis said:

Yeah, there's zero chance of that happening. Pattern recognition is a thing, and GW has a long history of completely ignoring things like this the moment they're done.

Like as not, they've just got "<REPLACE WITH WINNING FACTION> won but now the <REPLACE WITH LOSING FACTION> are still struggling on the outskirts, unwilling to simply let the city be taken!" pre-written and ready to Ctrl-H.

Stories with meaningful outcomes, impacts, and consequences are anathema to GW.

I agree with you if we take out of the equation AoS. I think AoS has a pattern of breaking those patterns hehehe.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Amenephis said:

and the box rather notoriously is HEAVILY biased in favor of the Stormcast to the point of the Skaven being borderline unplayable in it.

Wasn't the consensus that the Stormcast portion is comparatively underpowered? Or was that just for Spearhead?

9 hours ago, Snarff said:

I much prefer the SoB Creepers to Gnoblars. The Creepers and Gargants symbiosis is endearing, while Gnoblars in the World that Was were just slaves and in the realms they're just used for unpleasant jobs and as a food source in case of emergency by Ogors.

FWIW, gnoblars in AOS seem to have a slightly better position with ogors than they did with TOW ogres. More symbiosis than slaves.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I'd be honest,i want order to win as i want Helcrown to become a full "playable" city with his heraldry,lore and so on.
Bleak order "bastion" in the skaven hellscape is really grimdark and hopeful at the same time.

Yes they already got a heraldry and backstory to boot (former khorne fotress with a realmgate to the realm of chaos vigilantly seal)

3gjx4rtr5ni2.jpg.a9e87c17154c469d480fa90397f1a779.jpg

like that faaaar more i tersting the Embergard 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Wasn't the consensus that the Stormcast portion is comparatively underpowered? Or was that just for Spearhead?

Well, I'm strictly talking playing the components against each other, not in the broader context of 4E writ large.

The only game Skaven won was against an inexperienced player, where they also got an extreme amount of luck, and even then it was by a razor's edge. Stormcast stomp them into the dirt every other time.

6 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Huh, them crumping the Incarnates could be GWs way of cutting off that idea and explaining why there won't be others in the future

i have a feeling Bonesplitterz could come back with Incarnates in tow as elemental Behemoths... especially if Incarnates aren't affected by warpstone

Cannot believe GW is leaving the door open for BS to be the Deus Ex Machina that 'fixes' the Vermindoom 😅

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Yes they already got a heraldry and backstory to boot (former khorne fotress with a realmgate to the realm of chaos vigilantly seal)

And the whole map!

1718031837744044.jpg.4879f401fcb60882269bf2d6bcef71a9.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

14 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

i have a feeling Bonesplitterz could come back with Incarnates in tow as elemental Behemoths... especially if Incarnates aren't affected by warpstone

Cannot believe GW is leaving the door open for BS to be the Deus Ex Machina that 'fixes' the Vermindoom 😅

We had an hint that Nagash will take his revenge on Skaven ☠️

It seems Bonesplitterz/Savage orcs will not be back in ToW as Beastmen .

Edited by cyrus

9 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I strongly suspect that it's less that and more just that GW never closes doors in the lore because they're deathly allergic to lore events actually mattering.

I wouldn't read into it. KBZ were designed to entirely supplant the savages anyway.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

hope it ends with something interesting lore-wise.

So something like skaven take-steal aqshy and only a tiny small bastion of live still exist on the order side.

while the stormy marines now actually loose their lives as the skaven will suck their souls out from the false gods grasp (false god because sigmar is just the soul of a once mortal dushbag that took Karl franz’s body)

Making them even rarer then before and giving the stormy marines an actual tragic backstory.

10 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

So something like skaven take-steal aqshy and only a tiny small bastion of live still exist on the order side.

So exactly the same but with rats instead of Khornates? 

10 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

while the stormy marines now actually loose their lives as the skaven will suck their souls out from the false gods grasp

There’s like a thousand things that already do that including like, half or more of Grand Alliance: Death

Frankly the more interesting outcome is the Stormcast and CoS actually winning for once and not needing the Lumineth or Seraphon to bail them out. Or Nagash absolutely bodying the Skaven for once. Or the Idoneth doing anything please dear god, just a crumb of narrative relevance. 

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

So exactly the same but with rats instead of Khornates? 

There’s like a thousand things that already do that including like, half or more of Grand Alliance: Death

Frankly the more interesting outcome is the Stormcast and CoS actually winning for once and not needing the Lumineth or Seraphon to bail them out. Or Nagash absolutely bodying the Skaven for once. Or the Idoneth doing anything please dear god, just a crumb of narrative relevance. 

Nah lets just kill of the stormy marines striacht of the face of aqshy.

only skaven matter, yes-yes

edit: actually lets the skaven also start breaking the contract they have with archaon.

clearly no everchosen can ever surpass the horned rat.

let the skaven become the thread not just a thread nobdoy cares about but the thread!

Edited by Skreech Verminking

8 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

actually lets the skaven also start breaking the contract they have with archaon.

They 100% are going to and if Vizzik Skour doesn’t get a model, we know what happens to him in 3 years. Hint: It involves the Slayer of Kings and Archaon performing improv proctology. 

3 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Well now I want Daemon Prince Khorgos Khul to break down Helcrown to usher in a new round of Blood God violence against the upstart rat.

• Like 1

So I saw some pages of the new White Dwarf on 4chan and it has interesting lore and confirmation on the Stormcast side of thing

Spoiler
  • Confirms Lord Relictors they're part of the Ruination Chamber now as wardens of the Bleak Citadel assigned by Ionus himself
  • Lord Celestant are confirmed
  • The Ruination Chamber sorta founding came when a throng of Stormcast slaughter their way through nurgle infected hostages to kill said sorcerer their Lord-Celestant Iridan executed them for it praying to ancient death gods. Taken away by their own chamber Iradin was judge by Sigmar himself but found not corruption or madness but rather  found Morrda power within and gave them mercy
    • Sigmar still want a Reforging cure but the whole oblivion/final death is a temporary solution for now
  • The Bleak Citadels are in a way Stormcast churches of Morrda as prayer as hymn fill the halls
  • Reclusians are very automaton as they are in constant state of silent  contemplation only ever speaking during prayer, communication with attendants and during battle
  • Memorians are there to help humanized and serve their Reclusian as their living memoir scribing their history & craft tapestries of their life and glories. if their Reclusian dies the memorians return back to their home with a Amulet of Sigmar which is like a luck +5 on life
  • The Gryphstalker know how to mimic human speech which unerving are often the last word mortals say before death
  • Also once again they can't ****** make up their mind about the time line. Im sorry if im coming off a bitchy but seriously "the age of sigmar has turn a century" then the very ****** next page "Vandus has been degrating for centuries" like which is it!!!! use a ****** calendar or not!

and cool cut off art showing Sigmar two huntress meeting none of them Astral Templar but who salty

image.png.c7670d0aefeae76ee458f51893929eae.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7
  • LOVE IT! 1