The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I CAN ALREADY HERE THE USURPER NAGASH'S SALTY SCREAMS OF IMPOTENT RAGE FROM HERE!!!

Whitefang hinted Death as main protagonist of 4th edition .

10 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

They 100% are going to and if Vizzik Skour doesn’t get a model, we know what happens to him in 3 years. Hint: It involves the Slayer of Kings and Archaon performing improv proctology. 

Unless another skaven gets the chance to backstabb vizziks beforehand 

9 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

So I saw some pages of the new White Dwarf on 4chan and it has interesting lore and confirmation on the Stormcast side of thing

Hide contents
  • Confirms Lord Relictors they're part of the Ruination Chamber now as wardens of the Bleak Citadel assigned by Ionus himself
  • Lord Celestant are confirmed
  • The Ruination Chamber sorta founding came when a throng of Stormcast slaughter their way through nurgle infected hostages to kill said sorcerer their Lord-Celestant Iridan executed them for it praying to ancient death gods. Taken away by their own chamber Iradin was judge by Sigmar himself but found not corruption or madness but rather  found Morrda power within and gave them mercy
    • Sigmar still want a Reforging cure but the whole oblivion/final death is a temporary solution for now
  • The Bleak Citadels are in a way Stormcast churches of Morrda as prayer as hymn fill the halls
  • Reclusians are very automaton as they are in constant state of silent  contemplation only ever speaking during prayer, communication with attendants and during battle
  • Memorians are there to help humanized and serve their Reclusian as their living memoir scribing their history & craft tapestries of their life and glories. if their Reclusian dies the memorians return back to their home with a Amulet of Sigmar which is like a luck +5 on life
  • The Gryphstalker know how to mimic human speech which unerving are often the last word mortals say before death
  • Also once again they can't ****** make up their mind about the time line. Im sorry if im coming off a bitchy but seriously "the age of sigmar has turn a century" then the very ****** next page "Vandus has been degrating for centuries" like which is it!!!! use a ****** calendar or not!

and cool cut off art showing Sigmar two huntress meeting none of them Astral Templar but who salty

image.png.c7670d0aefeae76ee458f51893929eae.png

Lord Celestant confirmed lore wise or miniature wise?

Also, that pic looks cool! What are those helmeted stormcasts? They have Ruination icons, so maybe a tease of a new mini?!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cyrus said:

Interesting. I would have expected Death to be waiting for 5th, since we've looped back to Chaos for the start of 4th.

I know I'm speculating three years ahead of time but my money is on Soulblight Gravelords being the 'antagonist' half - probably with new Grave Guard if they don't see a second wave this edition.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Interesting. I would have expected Death to be waiting for 5th, since we've looped back to Chaos for the start of 4th.

I know I'm speculating three years ahead of time but my money is on Soulblight Gravelords being the 'antagonist' half - probably with new Grave Guard if they don't see a second wave this edition.

It would be pretty weird if this RE is not Grave Guard or we have to wait 3 years for it to get resolved.

kxAdBg4BzFZab1hr.jpg

My bet is a new faction, particularly looking at Malerion, but even if it is not him a new one whichever grand alliance it is in the box.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It would be pretty weird if this RE is not Grave Guard or we have to wait 3 years for it to get resolved.

kxAdBg4BzFZab1hr.jpg

My bet is a new faction, particularly looking at Malerion, but even if it is not him a new one whichever grand alliance it is in the box.

Chaos Dwarfs!

2 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Chaos Dwarfs!

I expect something better crafted from the Hammers of Hashut. Unless Hashut means that they are sneezing all the time while forging weapons. That would explain the poor manufacture of the blade.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

kxAdBg4BzFZab1hr.jpg

Remember that "Skeleton Hero wielding a Halberd" is also on the table.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

It is definitely related to Morrda and ruination chamber as @Ejecutorsaid , but there was also a rumours about Nagash being back and take his revenge over Skaven . 

7 hours ago, cyrus said:

My guess is in the 2nd-halfish of the edition (basically when we start getting narrative supplements), Death will take the fight to the Skaven and chaos in general, maybe we will see some movement against the Varanspire again too. This will culminate in the edition's version of Broken Realms with Nagash's full return and him defeating the Vermindoom (and rumours abound of reinforced OBR legions which we will see as 5th ed starters). After which he promptly becomes public enemy number 1 in 5th as he obviously wasn't doing it for the benefit of the Realms.

That's my thoughts on where the narrative is going this edition with Death anyway!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

My guess is in the 2nd-halfish of the edition (basically when we start getting narrative supplements), Death will take the fight to the Skaven and chaos in general, maybe we will see some movement against the Varanspire again too. This will culminate in the edition's version of Broken Realms with Nagash's full return and him defeating the Vermindoom (and rumours abound of reinforced OBR legions which we will see as 5th ed starters). After which he promptly becomes public enemy number 1 in 5th as he obviously wasn't doing it for the benefit of the Realms.

That's my thoughts on where the narrative is going this edition with Death anyway!

I figure Nagash’s return will mean the next plotline for Death would be a Mortarch Civil War with the loyalists (Arkhan, Katakros, and either Neferata or Olynder) facing the rebels (Ushoran, Mannfred, whoever wasn’t the loyalist choice) after Nagash expends a massive amount of power kicking the absolute hell out of the Skaven and is back to pre-Necroquake levels of strength which in the most interesting case would require him to swallow his pride and have Arkhan negotiate a temporary ceasefire with Sigmar because both sides really don’t need the extra fronts at this point (Nagash so he can try and get the 3 rebels back under control, Sigmar’s lot because they just got pummeled by the Vermindoom)

Naturally, Order spends the edition recovering from the Vermindoom, Chaos’ Civil War goes hot and Belakor splits Archaon’s power base, and Destruction sees the rising of a new Ogor kingdom in the power vacuum following the Vermindoom. 

Alternatively Nagash has cooked up some completely insane scheme everyone else has to stop and we’ll get more of him once he returns because he’s a fun character. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, Goatforce said:

I think this edition narrative supplements will be more frequent, if we base ourselves on 40k.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I figure Nagash’s return will mean the next plotline for Death would be a Mortarch Civil War with the loyalists (Arkhan, Katakros, and either Neferata or Olynder) facing the rebels (Ushoran, Mannfred, whoever wasn’t the loyalist choice) after Nagash expends a massive amount of power kicking the absolute hell out of the Skaven and is back to pre-Necroquake levels of strength which in the most interesting case would require him to swallow his pride and have Arkhan negotiate a temporary ceasefire with Sigmar because both sides really don’t need the extra fronts at this point (Nagash so he can try and get the 3 rebels back under control, Sigmar’s lot because they just got pummeled by the Vermindoom)

Naturally, Order spends the edition recovering from the Vermindoom, Chaos’ Civil War goes hot and Belakor splits Archaon’s power base, and Destruction sees the rising of a new Ogor kingdom in the power vacuum following the Vermindoom. 

Alternatively Nagash has cooked up some completely insane scheme everyone else has to stop and we’ll get more of him once he returns because he’s a fun character. 

Where do I sign?

1 hour ago, ScionOfOssia said:

If I were him I would neutralise the Skaven threat first and then… a pyramid!

34 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I really can't believe Warcom has NOTHING about Skaventide's release? Not even a celebratory post for 4e??? It's just...preorders for 40k books

That's how Saturdays look like. The only article (unless there's a reveal stream) is always about the current preorder. No GW game gets "new edition celebration" articles on release day, why AoS should be different?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

I really can't believe Warcom has NOTHING about Skaventide's release? Not even a celebratory post for 4e??? It's just...preorders for 40k books

It is really a pity , Dominion celebration was great with even new miniatures preview https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/03/warhammer-preview-online-dominion-celebration/

It could help to boost sales as well ! 

• Like 2