The Rumour Thread

59 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

The Dwarf release has me hopeful for Duardin in wave two of cities but I also feel like I am setting mmyself up for disappointment.

I just have to plan for a Solomon Kane Style Witch Hunter Cultist Army and if we get Duardin or Aelves just Hard pivot into a Last Alliance Style force.

But deciding between a grimdark Robert E Howard scheme or a fantastical Tolkien scheme is a tough choice. So far I am leaning towards a Robinhood/Link style as I think it can kind of go either way when I see what wave two for cities looks like.

The dwarf situation is odd:

• Don't announce their departure as a subfaction but will for BOC & BS
  • Give you index rules
  • The Rulebook mention them couple of times

pg 102

The Dispossessed reinforce the armies with clanking, piston legged Cogforts and impenetrable shieldwalls, their natural ability in architecture vital for ensuring new strongpoint weather the unforgiving landscape 

pg 103

The Ironwroth city of Greywater fastness is a bastion of metal and smoke. So famous are the city's artillery companies that their volley of gunfire are known as a "Greywater welcome". Resolute duardin march alongside soot-stained human soldiers, their steel thick enough to break an enemy charge in moments

Pg 6

Essentially, yes but metaliths are dotted around everywhere. They each have an intrinsic altitude, a place where they prefer to hover. The Wildercorps find the beast ones, the the duardin winch them down, tether them and load them up up with prefabricated structures, the the Dawners haul them back out...

it alomost bait ready to suckerpunch 

as for aesthetic I would straight up drop doing Tolkien dorfs and do something along the line of Witcher dwarfs

Season of Mahakam and Update 7.4 packed with new features are here! -  GWENT: The Witcher Card Game

Daily] Gwent Card Discussion #548 - Dwarven Skirmisher : r/gwent

A 15th century slavic aesthtic to them and is something that more align with the other freeguild West Europe Renaissance while being able to having it be  "grimdark" 

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 minute ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

• Give you index rules
  • Teh Rulebook mention them couple of times

as for aesthetic I would straight up drop doing Tolkien dorfs and do something along the line of Witcher dwarfs

Season of Mahakam and Update 7.4 packed with new features are here! -  GWENT: The Witcher Card Game

A 15th century slavic aesthtic to them and is something that more align with the other freeguild West Europe Renaissance while being able to having it be  "grimdark" 

Mahakam!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Valrak is said he expecting today that their going to announce a preview show for next week 

not  AOS related so i put on spoilers for what he saying about the 40k rumor section as some of it does have some AOS implications

Reveal hidden contents
  • They're going to show off the new Kill-team season call Hivestorm it going to be Vespid Stingwing vs Imperial Tempestus Scions & new terrain
  • Agents of Imperium the three boxes---->Deathwatch being squatted maybe roll into the xeno inquisition maybe
  • Agents of imperium is going to have three boxes for each ordo: Heritcus, Malleus & Xeno with a new Inquisitor Torquemada Coteaz and there is an unreliable rumor that comes with new assassins
  • The Demon of Chaos codex is getting squatted as their going to go down the AOS route of each chaos faction having their demon with their marines

Don't remember where but some on confirm that today is the TOW dwarfs

I need to laugh with the 40k rumours because if I am not wrong, more books doesn't affect other factions.

44 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

• Give you index rules
  • The Rulebook mention them couple of times

I have mentioned it a few times but I really hope that they show a different cultural value for City Duardin forgoing traditional aesthetic in favour of more Azyrian styles. I think that facial hair ought to be present but less traditional full beards and more trimmed beards, mutton chops and moustaches. There still should be some traditional heads mixed in but still the average build would show a movement away from ancestor worship and Grungni/Grmnir Cults. Similarly I hope to see Aelves in more human attire with shorter hair and Sigmar regalia. Also weapon types being made more standardized like I think I have never seen a Fantasy Elf armed with a musket or a bill and it is rare to see Dwarves armed with swords (despite Tolkien often depicting them carrying them). 

I actually think it would be cool if they actually took this a step further and included the option of having orthodox and non-orthodox cultures presented in COS. Like for example if they updated Hammerer's and Long Beards the former could be representative of cultural erasure and the latter of resistance to cultural imperialism. But I also feel like independent armies also represent that idea pretty well. 

I think it allows for Games workshop to give City cultures a unified aesthetic that feels congruent within the army but also radically different from the Aelven and Duardin armies that are apart from them. Of course it would be a difficult thing narratively for Games Workshop to handle and even more tricky to do so tastefully. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Neverchosen said:

I have mentioned it a few times but I really hope that they show a different cultural value for City Duardin forgoing traditional aesthetic in favour of more Azyrian styles. I think that facial hair ought to be present but less traditional full beards and more trimmed beards, mutton chops and moustaches. 

They make a specific point in lore that the Kharadron are the only Duardin who trim their beards and this is seen as bizarre and unnatural by the other Duardin. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

They make a specific point in lore that the Kharadron are the only Duardin who trim their beards and this is seen as bizarre and unnatural by the other Duardin. 

Mention in lore has been proven to not be guide enough for minis representation.

Said that, based on recent lore mentions I started to believe that new duardins could be in the making for CoS, and later on aelves.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

it is funny that I assume that Kharadron uphold thhis tradition simply because their helmets and masks so often incorporate beards. But now I am realizing how few Kharadron I have seen without helmets. 

51 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Today they will show the new Starter Boxes. Do we expect new scenery or just the one from the launch box reused?

I doubt new terrain.

Probably only different amounts of minis ranging from a hero and unit from each side in the smallest to perhaps spearhead size with terrain in the biggest. 

Got my skaven yesterday as a birthday present from some of my friends (as they joked when I got a note about in June we do encourage each others plastic addiction), and boy were they easy to put together. In an hour or so I had one unit of clanrats, grey seer and another hero put together. 

Even had time to do some painting on one, even though it's still WIP.

20240714_223153.jpg

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

I doubt new terrain.

Probably only different amounts of minis ranging from a hero and unit from each side in the smallest to perhaps spearhead size with terrain in the biggest. 

Got my skaven yesterday as a birthday present from some of my friends (as they joked when I got a note about in June we do encourage each others plastic addiction), and boy were they easy to put together. In an hour or so I had one unit of clanrats, grey seer and another hero put together. 

Even had time to do some painting on one, even though it's still WIP.

20240714_223153.jpg

Looks great! I have been hard at work with the new Stormcast, too:

20240714_194530.jpg.e14bf4bc87180679963465cfd59d5c03.jpg

The box really feels like it's worth getting even if you only want one of the armies, with the Spearhead stuff, the terrain and the beautiful new core book.

• Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 3