The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Are you sure ? Next week ( July 27th) per @Elarin new starter sets are going on preorder .

2 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Did you have to squash his hopes and dreams like that?

Could still be both, Warcry would likely not get its own week anyway and the starter sets that don't actually bring anything new seem like a good combination

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Starter Sets and Stormcast/Skaven Paint Sets revealed. 

Not many surprises here, though the Ultimate Starter Set includes the Fire & Jade book which is a plus. I also prefer them literally calling them Starter Sets and not the various 'Command Set' names that mean nothing to a total newbie.

GYySpLBgaF8tj9Ha.jpg

Starter Sets:

Paint Sets:

Oh, NOW you've decided to throw some dice in, huh?

Not that I haven't got some 30+ of those, but still.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I’m expecting the notAoS preview announcement in an hour. Hopefully there’s something for underworlds or warcry in there. 

Im all in on Warcry I need a new Road Map!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

17 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I’m expecting the notAoS preview announcement in an hour. Hopefully there’s something for underworlds or warcry in there.

Don't you think they need to talk about Hel Crown first ?

Or will it only be reserved to their YouTube event Hang out n Paint tonight ?

35 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Oh, NOW you've decided to throw some dice in, huh?

Not that I haven't got some 30+ of those, but still.

They actually answered a question like this in Facebook.

Screenshot_2024-07-15-09-31-30-12_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg.7fb88b4788ed8e0b07366adc772568fc.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I think it will be either later this week or next week. Basically they want people to assemble stuff and give them a chance to do so! :D 

5 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think it will be either later this week or next week. Basically they want people to assemble stuff and give them a chance to do so! :D 

Yeah but yesterday they mentionned it and the campagin start officialy today...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

No. The Hel Crown reveal won’t be for a few weeks, after the event finishes. They followed exactly the same schedule last year. The not 40k show was the week after Leviathan was released and before the Tyranid reveal show. 

9 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yeah but yesterday they mentionned it and the campagin start officialy today...

You can enter you code now:

image.png.8e6eb29b1be80b1b351f6432e640e665.png

You can choose either "Inside the city" for Stormcast vs Skaven or "Outside the city" for generic Order vs Chaos.

Below this image you can choose who to support. Currently Stormcast are slightly in the lead inside the city but Chaos has a big lead outside the city

Edited by Matrindur

7 minutes ago, Chikout said:

No. The Hel Crown reveal won’t be for a few weeks, after the event finishes. They followed exactly the same schedule last year. The not 40k show was the week after Leviathan was released and before the Tyranid reveal show. 

I'm not talking about the Reveal, it will in 3 weeks + a few days, probably around the 20th August. 

I'm talking about officialy launching the campaing with the new webiste, the lore, reminder for the deadline (and the lotery, etc.), an article like this (on monday last year 26.06) : 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/26/battle-for-oghram-submit-your-results-and-decide-the-fate-of-a-planet/ 

Edited by HorticulusTGA

6 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I'm not talking about the Reveal, it will in 3 weeks + a few days, probably around the 20th August. 

I'm talking about officialy launching the campaing with the new webiste, the lore, reminder for the deadline (and the lotery, etc.), an article like this (on monday last year 26.06) : 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/26/battle-for-oghram-submit-your-results-and-decide-the-fate-of-a-planet/ 

We were both wrong. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/07/15/old-world-almanack-how-the-dwarfen-mountain-holds-fare-in-battle/

Looks like we might have a busy Monday this week. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

We were both wrong. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/07/15/old-world-almanack-how-the-dwarfen-mountain-holds-fare-in-battle/

Looks like we might have a busy Monday this week. 

Yeah, and the YouTube event wasn't tonight but this Friday (19th) : 

"There will also be an update on the Slaughter at Helcrown global campaign, and the team will be on hand to answer any questions. You’ll be able to watch it on YouTube Live" 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/07/14/sunday-preview-horrors-in-the-underhells-and-dwarfs-in-the-old-world/

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

So far I don't think we can vote. I expect an article about it first.

Edited by Ejecutor

28 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

You can enter you code now:

image.png.8e6eb29b1be80b1b351f6432e640e665.png

You can choose either "Inside the city" for Stormcast vs Skaven or "Outside the city" for generic Order vs Chaos.

Below this image you can choose who to support. Currently Stormcast are slightly in the lead inside the city but Chaos has a big lead outside the city

Oh. And the outside the city bit too! And it shows live the results! That's so cool! I hope the results add some flavour to the lore.

image.png.cc9214c65f75bc97be0226716284dc5e.png

• Like 1

If anyone was on the fence about pyre and flood it's down 28% off to £60 which is about the price of each warband anyway on zatu and they still have copies of the croneseer dawnbringers box at £53 picked myself up a couple birthday treats.

Skaventide came yesterday, looking forward to digging into it tonight. 

Have to say do think the extemis one was better than the new one because of the scenery see what the price point is. Suppose they gave us it in the skaventide box, where dominion didn't.

I'm actually quite excited to do some spearheads now, it's given me some realistic goals for painting my ocean of grey which seems less daunting now, did note that no ironjawz in the fire and jade book :(

Started on my vanari wardens last night, I always wanted to try my lumineth in a game but people said they were no fun to play against, hopefully this edition remedies it a bit, or at least the spearhead won't be as bad :)

Looking forward to the next releases. Hope we do get an update on the future of warcy. That ossiarch/sylvaneth box has been real quiet, wonder if the squatting did effect their sales that much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking at the legends packet, and...

Is it just me, or are the warscrolls for the underworlds warbands really well designed?  Like, they look like they'd be super fun on the battlefield, effectively capturing their flavor while being much less obnoxious rules-wise than they used to be?  I've only looked at the Death ones so far, but I would have loved to run basically any of them, and if the non-death ones are similar I'd have loved to play against them as well.  Looking at the points pdf, and they even gave many of these units surprisingly low points values, like they want you to be excited to run them.

Given their 3e rules I was fine with underworlds stuff getting kicked to legends, but looking at the 4e rules I'm now super sad that I probably won't ever get to run these units cool, flavorful units, or see them on the opposite side of the table.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kempak said:

If anyone was on the fence about pyre and flood it's down 28% off to £60 which is about the price of each warband anyway on zatu and they still have copies of the croneseer dawnbringers box at £53 picked myself up a couple birthday treats.

those prices look great but is it feasible to buy from Zatu internationally?

For those talking about the extortion of EBay postage, will always shoutout warbay.shop for preowned/on sprue Warhammer - £8 for 5 Liberators or a tenner for any of the characters from the box.

Have ended up with two tyranid combat patrols for £30 a pop and something daft like £13 for 10 Heresy marines, so can verify it’s legit 

IMG_4375.png

• Like 1