The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, cyrus said:

Are you sure ? Next week ( July 27th) per @Elarin new starter sets are going on preorder .

I'm 99% sure that the starter sets are coming next week. I don't know anything about Warcry, but I was really surprised with Necromunda yesterday so everything's possible 😁

• Like 6

Well, Weta Workshop has posted a picture of one of their employees putting the finishing touches on one of their Warhammer-licensed 3d models, and around him are all manner of reference points and prototypes.

Billede

Wait a moment, what is that to the right of his head? 

Looks like things are going to become rather looney at some point in the future.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

8 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Well, Weta Workshop has posted a picture of one of their employees putting the finishing touches on one of their Warhammer-licensed 3d models, and around him are all manner of reference points and prototypes.

Billede

Looks like things are going to become rather looney at some point in the future.

So looney that the link died.

10 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Billede

Holy MOLY!

Is that a plague bearer at the bottom left as well?!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 7/14/2024 at 6:02 PM, The Lost Sigmarite said:

More and more absent from TGA but glad I somehow come back when the rumours start dropping. Tzeentch must be behind it.

Great news that Demons are getting split and put alongside the Demon Primarchs and the monotheist CSM legions. I wonder what 40k players think of it... as an AoS player I like this a lot.

I am on the fence about it because GW has gotten real close to nailing Daemons as an army. It has flavourful rules, cool units, and you can choose to go mono or multiple gods. On the other hand, this can continue over to each god specific legion too, especially if there's something like a daemonic detachment with similar rules to the current index. We'd lose mixed daemons lists though but if executed well it would probably be well received. 

TS/WE/DG/EC players will no doubt welcome this but from my POV I hope I do not have to lean on marines to make my Daemons worthwhile. Because if they all come under one banner it might be balanced in a way which, 1) might prioritise having marines as your core, 2) no real flavour to reflect the daemonic horrors, 3) internal balance expect you to use everything making it so you're playing with one hand behind your back if you want to use daemons.

On the other hand, if you (like me) want a more daemonic force it should be easy enough to simply lean into by either kitbashing in more daemonic looking terminators and simply say they count as, for example, Scarab termies of the Thousand Sons. I'm also thinking chamon-like termies even though it is from AoS I see no reason why you couldn't create something similar for the Tzeentchian forces in 40k. 

TL;DR: Knee-****** reaction was, heck no, but as the idea sinks in there's lots of cool modelling and themed lists which spring to life. Got me thinking of what else you could work with AoS chaos factions. If only I had more time... xD

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Is the Hel Crown vote thing not working for others? I put the code and my email down but the link to submit it is greyed out

You have to click down which faction you support. It is not intuitive at all.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

You have to click down which faction you support. It is not intuitive at all.

Oh thanks! Yeah that is a bit wierd, why is it not above the submit link? And why do you choose between 2 different other options where they should have put SCE vs Skaven? 🤣

What is with GW and their utter lack of ability to design things in a user friendly way?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Oh thanks! Yeah that is a bit wierd, why is it not above the submit link? And why do you choose between 2 different other options where they should have put SCE vs Skaven? 🤣

What is with GW and their utter lack of ability to design things in a user friendly way?

Took me a bit to find out what was going on as well.

11 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

GW websites are consistently not user friendly. I can’t get to 20% of the factions on the GW site on my mobile phone. You can’t scroll down to them. I find their websites to have been lacking consistently over the years, and I’m really holding back here on how bad I think they are. 

• Like 3

Sorry I haven’t really been on here as much lately everyone. I’ve been fighting with my university to make sure I have everything covered so that I can graduate by August, then I’ve been applying to a couple different places for grad school, helping my mom and step dad get ready to move back to the Chicagoland area (they’re moving to Evanston, but still), and trying to write my own book…. Only to get distracted by Elden Ring (I’ve managed to get past the first three dlc bosses, but I’ve found that it’s effecting my kitbashes). I’m glad to see that so far people have been liking fourth edition, and can’t wait to see what comes next!!

Edited by Twisted Firaun
  • Like 7

38 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Sorry I haven’t really been on here as much lately everyone. I’ve been fighting with my university to make sure I have everything covered so that I can graduate by August, then I’ve been applying to a couple different places for grad school, helping my mom and step dad get ready to move back to the Chicagoland area (they’re moving to Evanston, but still), and trying to write my own book…. Only to get distracted by Elden Ring (I’ve managed to get past the first three dlc bosses, but I’ve found that it’s effecting my kitbashes). I’m glad to see that so far people have been liking fourth edition, and can’t wait to see what comes next!!

💬 Don't give up, skeleton!

Skaventide has been a great kitbashing opportunity for the kitbash-hungry. I've got most of the stormcast on the chopping block for some CoS and Soulblight conversions. Lots to look forward to when you have more time for hobbying again!

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Don't worry. Our hobby is not a race. Is a marathon and it is always good to have some breaks.

13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

SM also started winning and on the last week the numbers flipped. Wouldn't surprise me if this is the same to add it some dramatism.

I don't think it's rigged. I'm sure gw would have preferred to show off their best selling product first but a lot of people wanted to see the Tyranids. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I don't think it's rigged. I'm sure gw would have preferred to show off their best selling product first but a lot of people wanted to see the Tyranids. 

I'm sure the end result will reflect the actual votes and not be rigged, the journey there can be changed up though.

It would be kinda boring if Skaven had a clear lead for all three weeks without any changes so even if the actual votes would result in that GW could manipulate the shown percentages so it flips a few times or at least looks like its a closer race. 

As long as the end result will be real that also isn't necessarily a bad thing as it creates more engagement. If I can see a 90:10 split I'm not really inspired to give my vote as it wouldn't actually change anything no matter who I voted for. If its 45:55 my vote feels like it mattered even if it actually didn't in the end.

Sure if they do this some people will vote differently than they would with no manipulation as with a live counter like here your vote will always be influenced by the current score but I still think it wouldn't be a negative as long as the end result is real.

11 hours ago, Elarin said:

I'm 99% sure that the starter sets are coming next week. I don't know anything about Warcry, but I was really surprised with Necromunda yesterday so everything's possible 😁

Yeah... I had heard only dwarfs (that included no Orc Shaman yet) and "boom", Necromunda. But the Warcry's NDA to artists ends July 27.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

4 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Good luck with life! …and beating Elden Ring. Had a grand time with the DLC, it‘s truly great - Rellana was awesome, and as a dex/int build I felt like a true Tzeentchian with her weapon. 

I think GW bumbled the Tzeentch rules massively, so until the battletome hopefully fixes them, I don‘t think I‘ll play 4th much, if at all. At least Elden Ring‘s verticality inspired me to build hills again, this time without using rock molds due to the weight of large pieces

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

💬 Don't give up, skeleton!

Skaventide has been a great kitbashing opportunity for the kitbash-hungry. I've got most of the stormcast on the chopping block for some CoS and Soulblight conversions. Lots to look forward to when you have more time for hobbying again!

I‘ve ordered the Lord Terminos, that guy that looks like the Emperor and the 3 cool warriors (plus all those minions) on ebay…all of them for 20 bucks! That was an amazing deal…. They shall get repurposed. 😎

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I've completely lost track of Warcry. Would the next reveal be a completely new set/edition we haven't seen yet?

I can't remember if it's already been shown or we know what the setting, warbands etc are.

The new edition should be out next summer (2025). What it is being said is that we are going to change the setting (inside Talaxis) but in the same edition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1