The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

So a more general preview with all game systems will be at Nova around 28th of August.

I assume they put it for the Hel crown reveal show as from the Valrak rumor of what to expect from 40k side of thing is

Spoiler
  • Apparently, the Agents of the Imperium codex is getting the Single model treatment a name character call Torquemada Coteaz (an update to his old model) rest is each of the Ordo boxes with Deathwatch rolled into (Not Grey knights)
  • Kill Team on has to show off the Hivestorm Kill team; Jetpack tempus scions vs Vespid Stingwings

that something they can fit into a preview show with the main attraction being the Skaven/Stormcast wave + roadmap

5 hours ago, cyrus said:

I think it is more than decent : 10 new kits in addition to the ones of Skaventide is massive ! 😉

Yeah, what did KBZ get? Two multi-part versions of monopose kits from the launch box, then about four or five other kits (move if ten units)?

I'm comparison Skaven are getting a huge release, though in pay that's because there's a lot of stuff that exists already that needs replacing. KBZ had no old stuff to draw on.

5 hours ago, cyrus said:

Clan pestilens and eshin for now have two very cool underworlds war bands plus new assassin from 3th edition bt.

The Underworlds warbands are legends though, and in the case of the Pestilens one the obvious proxy for their leader does not currently have a warscroll.

5 hours ago, cyrus said:

48 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

I don’t even think it’s model related, I think people are voting for Skaven as a de facto way to troll stormcast. “A vote for order is a vote for the faction that already gets more previews and releases than anyone else.”

It could easily be, yeah, but the vote is not going to change it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Huh, Skragrott is kind of random for a first AoS mini isn't it? Not that I'm complaining, I just expected a Stormcast first.

In the background of the Abaddon WIP picture there was some other stuff that felt a bit random for a statue, like a Plaguebearer... I agree, I would have expected a SCE first, maybe something like Gardus with this cool pose rather than Skragrott. At least it is not Kragnos.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Hide contents
  • Apparently, the Agents of the Imperium codex is getting the Single model treatment a name character call Torquemada Coteaz (an update to his old model) rest is each of the Ordo boxes with Deathwatch rolled into (Not Grey knights)
  • Kill Team on has to show off the Hivestorm Kill team; Jetpack tempus scions vs Vespid Stingwings

If AOI is getting a single model release after all the hype about new models and an army that would be so lame it would almost be funny 😂.

Archaon: Ummmm I want to become a new chaos god, but these mfs [the Pantheon] are allways on my way. What can I do to cause some crazy unpredictable shenanigans?

Archaon: Oh, I have an idea!

Archaon: Hey, rats!

Skavens: What-what now?

Archaon: There's drug there!!! *points to all the Mortal Realms*

Skaven: ...

*5 minutes later*

image.jpeg

• Haha 3

The cumback is real! SCE won 0,3% since the article.

image.png.129ac8ed08a1b0de02da211ccd707f62.png

I know it is almost impossible, but I have the feeling this is going to be slowly coming back for SCE and in the last week it will end with something like 50,2% vs 49,8%.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I assume they put it for the Hel crown reveal show as from the Valrak rumor of what to expect from 40k side of thing is

Hide contents

that something they can fit into a preview show with the main attraction being the Skaven/Stormcast wave + roadmap

There is a private video in the killteam list of YouTube Warhammer Channel.

They should show something early.

Also valrak said that some youtubers have the new agents of Imperium codex. 

This weekend its takoma tournament. So maybe they Will show these 2 things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, zamerion said:

There is a private video in the killteam list of YouTube Warhammer Channel.

They should show something early.

Also valrak said that some youtubers have the new agents of Imperium codex. 

This weekend its takoma tournament. So maybe they Will show these 2 things.

Without announcing it previously? Would be weird.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Hide contents

I am going to be honest Agents of the Imperium with Death Watch Space Marines as enforcers of a corrupt imperial doctrine working along side wealthy aristocratic rogue traders and dogmatic inquisitors actually sounds like the way I think that they should have always been portrayed and interests me more than any other Space Marine faction. This is based entirely on how it most closely resembles the original anti authoritarian punk aesthetic of first Edition 40k.

Maybe if Games workshop wants to push the more heroic element of Space Marines in their works this can serve as a reminder of their more grimdark and satirical origins. Also maybe I can actually take the Space Marine half of a future Starter Set and embrace this idea and make an Agents of the Imeprium army that can be just as evil as my Chaos Knights.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Sahrial said:

I don’t even think it’s model related, I think people are voting for Skaven as a de facto way to troll stormcast. “A vote for order is a vote for the faction that already gets more previews and releases than anyone else.”

Well that's a crappy reason to vote... I would hope Skaven are winning because people actually like them as a faction and want to see more. Stormcast aren't even close to Marines/imperium favoritism.

• Like 5

If the 40k releases are really that inexistente (just one miniatures and boxes) we may still be getting AoS 2nd waves sooner than expected. I mean, GW anouncing the Coteaz mini on 28th of august to release It barely few weeks after would also be weird.

Btw, the forces of order are now making a come back: only losing on 53-47

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

In the background of the Abaddon WIP picture there was some other stuff that felt a bit random for a statue, like a Plaguebearer... I agree, I would have expected a SCE first, maybe something like Gardus with this cool pose rather than Skragrott. At least it is not Kragnos.

From Louise Sugden's Twitter

GSjdfA7W4AAyTKA.jpg

• LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Huh, Skragrott is kind of random for a first AoS mini isn't it? Not that I'm complaining, I just expected a Stormcast first.

I reckon that if you’re a Weta sculptor, the opportunities offered by a horrible king of goblins in terms of skin texture, pointy nose, crooked grin full of fangs, mushrooms, mildewed cloth… It must be tempting.

• Like 6

Thoughts about various things. 

One of the last rumours @Whitefang shared before their disappearance, was the GW were surprised by the popularity of Gloomspite. I think the Skragrott statue is a sign of that. Also Gloomspite fans tend to REALLY love them and would be more likely to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a statue than someone who merely likes a faction. 

This is also why I think were going to see more than one Gloomspite kit in 4th edition. 

I'd expect to see both kill team and agents of the imperium at least on preorder before August 28th. It really would be a surprise if both those things where just a Monday drop. 

I think this is the longest we've gone without an underworlds warband since the launch of first edition. I really hope the game isn't being dropped. I think the smart move is to go back to one core set a year and one extra warband per quarter for a total of five per year. 

TOW needs to rebuild some momentum after the long gap between Orcs and Dwarfs. 

Agents of the imperium, kill team, underworlds and TOW feel like a preview that should have happened this weekend. 

Nova would be Blood Angels and roadmap, Stormcast and roadmap, warcry, 30k, new edition of blood bowl and kill team post launch info. 

That feels like more than enough for two previews. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Thoughts about various things. 

One of the last rumours @Whitefang shared before their disappearance, was the GW were surprised by the popularity of Gloomspite. I think the Skragrott statue is a sign of that. Also Gloomspite fans tend to REALLY love them and would be more likely to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a statue than someone who merely likes a faction. 

This is also why I think were going to see more than one Gloomspite kit in 4th edition. 

I'd expect to see both kill team and agents of the imperium at least on preorder before August 28th. It really would be a surprise if both those things where just a Monday drop. 

I think this is the longest we've gone without an underworlds warband since the launch of first edition. I really hope the game isn't being dropped. I think the smart move is to go back to one core set a year and one extra warband per quarter for a total of five per year. 

TOW needs to rebuild some momentum after the long gap between Orcs and Dwarfs. 

Agents of the imperium, kill team, underworlds and TOW feel like a preview that should have happened this weekend. 

Nova would be Blood Angels and roadmap, Stormcast and roadmap, warcry, 30k, new edition of blood bowl and kill team post launch info. 

That feels like more than enough for two previews. 

His disappearance is certainly a big hit, not just for the rumors. I dunno how GW could be surprised by Gitz being popular, I mean people loved goblins since the day I first started Warhammer and that‘s 25 years ago! They certainly have the numbers but perhaps many O&G or Orks players simply played the combined factions for the gobbos. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MitGas said:

I dunno how GW could be surprised by Gitz being popular, I mean people loved goblins since the day I first started Warhammer and that‘s 25 years ago! They certainly have the numbers but perhaps many O&G or Orks players simply played the combined factions for the gobbos. 

The first time I visited a Games Workshop store I bought two blisters of Squigs and their Herders. 

Yes, even me, a lifelong devotee of Chaos, has been lured in by the funny little green sods! I never had an army of them, but I collected quite a few bits and bobs (mainly to use in Warhammer Quest). 

• Like 2