The Rumour Thread

Starter Sets and Briar & Bone as previously rumoured. Plus Lioness of the Parch and the paperback of Blacktalon.

Next week on Warhammer Community we’ll be revealing new miniatures and books – of the fiction and rules variety – and taking a look at the two new Warcry warbands alongside lots of other great articles all about Warhammer. See you then.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The Warcry doggies!

Anyway, I think this ends with all the releases promised on Nova. i'm starting to think that maybe the Hel Crown's winner second wave will happen sooner than expected? GW doesn't have anything left anounced for september.

1 minute ago, Garrac said:

The Warcry doggies!

Anyway, I think this ends with all the releases promised on Nova. i'm starting to think that maybe the Hel Crown's winner second wave will happen sooner than expected? GW doesn't have anything left anounced for september.

Necromunda and mech for heresy arent released yet.. and a book of Epic or heresy or something.

Next week on Warhammer Community we’ll be revealing new miniatures and books

Can we expect anything other than endless Necro ? The plural gives me hope (but I'm betting more on 40k than AoS).

2 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Can we expect anything other than endless Necro ? The plural gives me hope (but I'm betting more on 40k than AoS).

Maybe koetaz for 40k and the imperial agents codex, some reviewers have the imperial agents codex. 

11 minutes ago, Garrac said:

The Warcry doggies!

Hell Crown's winner will just get a reveal. The releases are set in stone already.

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I am so divided on what to expect regarding the future of Demons, with some of the finecast demons being retired and even some plastic demon kits being sent to legends in AOS (Slaanesh Chariot options), I feel like we might get a new update for the Demons in the not so distant future. However, with Emperor's children on the horizon I am curious if Demons will remain as much of a standalone fixture in 40k or if they become integrated into the god specific armies in that system as well? 

So I see two possibilities in the future:
A) Demons will get a mass release in 40k with updated models and new units for the Gods. This would be great for age of sigmar and I would happily jump onto a 40k Demon army (something I have been considering doing for years now)
B) Demons will lose much of their support becoming subfactions in 40k and AOS and feature even less support (why I have yet to jump aboard the Demon Train).

So maybe we will get some new Tzeentch demons in the future I am quite hopeful but I am also not particularly trusting of GW.

I really don't care about new Tzeentch daemons. They are good enough for the time being. Do Pinks for example suck? Yes! But unless they really outdo themselves, it's a waste of resources. Silver Tower-esque ones would be better but even better would be a redesign, brining them closer to the last metal ones. But I'd rather like to see a new Fatemaster or all those units I keep throwing around. 

I don't find the Slaanesh daemons bad either. EC are loooong overdue now but how they'll handle daemons in 40k is hard to say. We certainly wish for different things. :)

21 minutes ago, zamerion said:

Necromunda and mech for heresy arent released yet.. and a book of Epic or heresy or something.

Oh, right, didnt realise they werent there as of yet, lol.

Were also missing the KT separate releases, btw.

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

No way. Their token promotion runs until Halloween. If the game doesn't sell out before then, it will go last chance to buy after that. If the Skaven and Stormcast previews are good it will give the box a boost in sales so we may yet see it sell out. 

We do know some data. Gap games in Australia got 200 copies and sold out last week. Alchemist Workshops got 400 and got down to 35 left last week. They then got another 75 boxes. Since then they've shifted another 20 or so copies so the game is selling well by any metric that isn't the insanity of 40k launches. 

A big difference between 3rd and 4th is that a lot of people were very worried about the new rules like unleash hell. Word of mouth has been much more positive this time, especially with spearhead. 

Eh I think the manifestation being free is way more problematic and people complaining about then unleash hell was every talk about. 

Of course Leviathan and Dominon probably benefit the most from Covid demand which this is the first year that one can say it isn’t really affecting things anymore

Just now, MitGas said:

I really don't care about new Tzeentch daemons. They are good enough for the time being. Do Pinks for example suck? Yes! But unless they really outdo themselves, it's a waste of resources. Silver Tower-esque ones would be better but even better would be a redesign, brining them closer to the last metal ones. But I'd rather like to see a new Fatemaster or all those units I keep throwing around. 

I don't find the Slaanesh daemons bad either. EC are loooong overdue now but how they'll handle daemons in 40k is hard to say. We certainly wish for different things. :)

When I said new I didn't mean updated, I am hoping we get some legit new demons for all the ranges. Even if they are just one off heroes for each army. Personally I like the current demon ranges despite knowing they could be nicer. I am just hopeful that we get something new for the demons. As I do think there is a lot more design space to be found for each of the four gods.

I think each god getting a Syll'Esske styled demon prince for the other gods with at least one new demon unit for each god would be a great wave. This would give two new units to each AOS god specific army and also really bulk out Chaos Demons for 40k. 

8 minutes ago, novakai said:

Looks like there gonna be a warcry reveal this week 

IMG_1652.jpeg.fe47bd7b792a3955b0680d5050725088.jpeg

I think they were talking about the Briar and Bone teams and their rules 

as for the new minatures but i'm going to take the guess that it going to be something related to Gotrek new book Verminsalyer possibly it going to be a band of heroes for Gotrek (like Neave or Callis & toll) along with show off the new book 

gotrekback.png.415a7b22ca4f413b19a55262bc909fd8.png

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

When I said new I didn't mean updated, I am hoping we get some legit new demons for all the ranges. Even if they are just one off heroes for each army. Personally I like the current demon ranges despite knowing they could be nicer. I am just hopeful that we get something new for the demons. As I do think there is a lot more design space to be found for each of the four gods.

I think each god getting a Syll'Esske styled demon prince for the other gods with at least one new demon unit for each god would be a great wave. This would give two new units to each AOS god specific army and also really bulk out Chaos Demons for 40k. 

I have a feeling redoing each chaos demon range is something that like gonna take multiple editions to do.

they probably eventually will do it but in a very piecemeal manner

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I disagree in Tzeentch‘s case with that sentiment as well. 😋

I want our variant of armored human warriors! Our named human character!

Daemons are way lower on my list. I do lament the loss of the blue scribes or fluxmaster (cause he rocked) but daemons are low on my personal wish list as they are quite ok for the time being. But I don‘t plan to play them in 40k (or play undivided forces in general) - so yeah, your hopes are understandable but they are opposed to mine, so I hope you will be met with crushing disappointment while I get exactly what I want! ✌️😎

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I am so divided on what to expect regarding the future of Demons, with some of the finecast demons being retired and even some plastic demon kits being sent to legends in AOS (Slaanesh Chariot options), I feel like we might get a new update for the Demons in the not so distant future. However, with Emperor's children on the horizon I am curious if Demons will remain as much of a standalone fixture in 40k or if they become integrated into the god specific armies in that system as well? 

So I see two possibilities in the future:
A) Demons will get a mass release in 40k with updated models and new units for the Gods. This would be great for age of sigmar and I would happily jump onto a 40k Demon army (something I have been considering doing for years now)
B) Demons will lose much of their support becoming subfactions in 40k and AOS and feature even less support (why I have yet to jump aboard the Demon Train).

So maybe we will get some new Tzeentch demons in the future I am quite hopeful but I am also not particularly trusting of GW.

It also makes sense to have new Chaos stuff if indeed we are in a Chaos edition + Demons in 40k are going to receive some sort of change/ upgrade.

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Isn't it too much stuff for warcom? maybe they canceled the rumoured preview and are showing its content in warcom instead?

Quite possible, the preview was supposed to be at Gencon which happens every year but for some reason it got cancelled this year, they even said a rules book of some sort will get revealed, I can’t imagine it’s AOS, heresy or necromunda related and unlikely to be blood bowl either 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

The Warcry doggies!

The winner doesn't come earlier than the loser, it is just shown earlier, but it doesn't affect the release, or at least it didn't for 40k.