The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Yeah, the ease of entry and pricing at the start had me buying every release so I had a complete set for mates when they came around for some tabletop, or for games at the store - but with their price hike initially, the new season split up system with two boxes, then the reback/re-release/re-work of the card system with extra cards to buy ontop again, I just stopped (hence the amount in sig).
The card update fixed some competitive issues for sure, but it didn't help bring new casual (or curious) players to the table.

IMO this is the best kind of game to play with an APP. The boxes could have a code that you claim and you get the cards. Then if new updated cards go out for your models you receive them for free. Give them so cool factor with animations and sounds and could be pretty interesting.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

There has been deafening silence from GW on a lot of things to be honest.

I suspect it's one of or a combination of the following.....

• End of year financial report which I think is out next week
  • What seems to be constant production issues due to limited capacity
  • Change of direction with projects 
  • Amazon deal
  • Staff changes internally (similar to change of direction with projects)

And there are probably many more things. It might even be that GW are trying to move away from the preview shows as they basically become a roadmap of what they are releasing and makes it difficult for them to change their minds.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I suspect it's one of or a combination of the following.....

• End of year financial report which I think is out next week
  • What seems to be constant production issues due to limited capacity
  • Change of direction with projects 
  • Amazon deal
  • Staff changes internally (similar to change of direction with projects)

And there are probably many more things. It might even be that GW are trying to move away from the preview shows as they basically become a roadmap of what they are releasing and makes it difficult for them to change their minds.

Agreed. There is a lot going on that explains the "silence". There are a lot of plates spinning and things going on, so a lack of news is to be expected tbh.

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think this will be the Monday mini again :( This might be the miniatures in plural :(

Team Up and Clear Out a Space Hulk in Space Marine Adventures: Tyranid Attack! - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

TyranidAttack Jul22 Image2

None of these are new minis either (previously released as space marines heroes Gatcha-boxes), I'd be surprised if these were the New Model Monday... although I'm often wrong 😁

• Like 1

Just now, TrawlingCleaner said:

None of these are new minis either (previously released as space marines heroes Gatcha-boxes), I'd be surprised if these were the New Model Monday... although I'm often wrong 😁

Pretty sure they can trudge something out for necromonday if they want. :D

2 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Last week the "Monday mini" was the start here boxes, so it is not technically a mini nor contains new minis but I think it took that spot.

Edited by Ejecutor

22 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think this will be the Monday mini again :( This might be the miniatures in plural :(

Team Up and Clear Out a Space Hulk in Space Marine Adventures: Tyranid Attack! - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

TyranidAttack Jul22 Image2

I know it the meme that Space marines got uninspired design to them but man they really do look forgettable. None of them hilight any of their chapters (they gave the salamander with a bolter)

13 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Wait they're not even new minatures? This just recycle

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Wait they're not even new minatures? This just recycle

Yeah, GW has had a partnership with Target for a few years now where they release a few smaller compact miniature games that can only be bought from there. 

23 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Last week the "Monday mini" was the start here boxes, so it is not technically a mini nor contains new minis but I think it took that spot.

They explicitly said new minis this week. Last week's article only mentioned the starter boxes. 

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Is it just me or is this sculpt not very good, especially the bird's flying stand?

I agree. It's definitely a big downgrade, especially when the last Corteaz model is twenty years old.

99800107005_InquisitorCoteazNEW01.jpg?fm

Ironically I think the new sculpt will actually make for decent AoS conversion materials, with how rounded and smooth his armour is, which tends to be more prevalent on Stormcast than 40k models.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

"There will be a dedicated Grey Knights Codex "

OHHH! That's a surprise

No Gw is reducing army books theory for you then lol

Edited by novakai
  • Confused 1

What's wrong with 40k at the moment?

After the squat disguised as custodes, we've got an inquisitor... thick (even in the face). He's infinitely inferior to the charismatic metal version, twenty years on. Probably one of the worst updates in GW's plastic history.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

It’s not terrible on its own merits. Just not a patch on the original, which exceeds it in every way; detail, pose, character…

image.jpeg.542697e2296f1cffcd652b17595ff4a0.jpeg

In the grim dark of the 41st Millenium, there is only hair transplants

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Wow all that attempt to hype the Redated codex and that it....a monday article and one model..........yeesh 

The scultps is eh honestly I prefer the old one where he has the eagle perch on his hand rather then it being on really awkward tatical rock. 

4 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

"There will be a dedicated Grey Knights Codex "

OHHH! That's a surprise

It was stated in the rumor engine in the 40k side that Grey knight are safe it only Deathwatch that getting Beasted

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Draznak said:

What's wrong with 40k at the moment?

After the squat disguised as custodes, we've got an inquisitor... thick (even in the face). He's infinitely inferior to the charismatic metal version, twenty years on. Probably one of the worst updates in GW's plastic history.

Agreed, but I'd go further. It's easily the worse metal/resin-to-plastic update in GW's plastic history. 

Only the other day I was thinking how cool a new Corteaz inquisitor would be because the original is such an iconic miniature, full of character and menace. The new one is worse in every way.

• Like 3