The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, Draznak said:

What's wrong with 40k at the moment?

After the squat disguised as custodes, we've got an inquisitor... thick (even in the face). He's infinitely inferior to the charismatic metal version, twenty years on. Probably one of the worst updates in GW's plastic history.

Single Foot hero release tend to vary in quality and design consistency I find.

like some of the AoS foot heroes in 3rd where a bit bland or there was a bit of a sizing issue and they prop a lot of them up with Tactical rocks

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

Just now, novakai said:

like some of the AoS foot heroes in 3rd where a bit bland or there was a bit of a sizing issue and they prop to many of them up with Tactical rocks

I said it recently already, but I was so disappointed with the Ossiarchs getting what amounted to an alternate sculpt of the Boneshaper rather than something truly new. Then of course there's been all the Fyreslayer Foot Heroes who I think look great but look repetitive.

I do wonder if so many of these solo Hero/Character models are the result of junior sculptors getting started with them, which I recall an interview saying was the case? Or was that Underworld sculpts? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, novakai said:

like some of the AoS foot heroes in 3rd where a bit bland or there was a bit of a sizing issue and they prop to many of them up with Tactical rocks

I suspect a lot of the "pity hero" releases are essentially training projects or experiments so the quality of them tends not to be especially high.

13 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Is it just me or is this sculpt not very good, especially the bird's flying stand?

I find even weirder the human. It has... something that I cannot identify but it looks weird.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

GW is not beating the "Interns are the ones designing space marines(and adjacent factions)" allegations.

The more I look at the new Coteaz the more I dislike him, I thought that the update that Imotekh got for his updated plastic model would be the worst character glow-up since they removed most of the defining features of the original resin model, but this guy doesn't even have a cool digital cape on him to soften the blow.

• Like 1

This is the first new model in a long time where I can't see any improvement over the old version.

I like the old coat, the old head, the old armour, the old decorations and the old eagle more than on the new version which is pretty much all there is. The hammer is the only other thing and while it just looks the same so not better or worse I liked the old pose more.

And even the proportions have something off about them.

What happened to all that bling he had? Now he only has the coat and the two inquisition symbols on his shoulder and waist. Other than that his armour is just a shiny blank space. I thought SM (and in turn PA models) were finally getting back some of their style back after the DA update

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, PraetorDragoon said:

I'm more amazed that the secret [REDACTED] codex was just shown with zero fanfare or anything. " Oh hey, here is imperial agents." 

I think with NOVA still being a month away they're probably running the clock down on how long they could wait for a big reveal event, particularly with the theorised chaos occurring behind the scenes in terms of logistics. 

10 minutes ago, Draznak said:

What's wrong with 40k at the moment?

After the squat disguised as custodes, we've got an inquisitor... thick (even in the face). He's infinitely inferior to the charismatic metal version, twenty years on. Probably one of the worst updates in GW's plastic history.

And this kinda confirms that they moved this away from a cancelled preview.

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think with NOVA still being a month away they're probably running the clock down on how long they could wait for a big reveal event, particularly with the theorised chaos occurring behind the scenes in terms of logistics. 

True, at a certain point got to reveal things just so you can release them, can't always wait for a big event. Not that this would count as a big announcement, anyway.

2 minutes ago, madmac said:

True, at a certain point got to reveal things just so you can release them, can't always wait for a big event. Not that this would count as a big announcement, anyway.

Frees up a slot at the NOVA reveal for moar AoS-adjacent stuff /copeium

Speaking of which, at the risk of having steered the topic to far into 40k land (my bad), what are peoples optimistic hopes for seeing there - aside from the Stormcast release wave of course?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Speaking of which, at the risk of having steered the topic to far into 40k land (my bad), what are peoples optimistic hopes for seeing there - aside from the Stormcast release wave of course?

Yeah we need more room for Chaos Dwarf reveals!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, madmac said:

I suspect a lot of the "pity hero" releases are essentially training projects or experiments so the quality of them tends not to be especially high.

If at least they would charge less because it is not up to their standards...

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'd love to see a roadmap, but at this point I'd be surprised. Have we actually gotten a road map for any game this year? 

Other than that, I'd like to see a teaser for the next faction after Skaven/Stormcast and a reveal of the new Warcry season

Just now, Clan's Cynic said:

Free up a slot at the NOVA reveal for moar AoS-adjacent stuff.

I think we will see reveals of the Stormcast and Skaven books with new models. :D 

It's a tough one as I think we will see another couple of books on the run up to the end of the year but I'm not expecting many new models for those books. I think thinks will become more 40K focused as I really do think the Amazon deal is going to either have some sort of show ready and it will generate 40K hype. 

I also think they big hype preview shows are of days old as I really don't think they want to tie themselves into stuff now unless it is going to be released.

I'd love to see something for the reimagined Chaos Dwarfs but that may be something they show off at the end of the year as a big tease.

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Probably the next release for Warcry or Underworlds.

realistic expectations is a reveal of the  next 2 battletome that are release for the Fall with the obligatory foot hero that I hope looks good.

optimistic one is the next biggish release reveal and a new Army battlebox full of new units similar to the Kroot release for Tau.

16 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Wouldn't be better (unless this is released before NOVA, that I don't discard it) that they save it all for NOVA and give us a very packed preview? It would even soften how poor the quality of this guy is.

7 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think we will see reveals of the Stormcast and Skaven books with new models. :D 

It's a tough one as I think we will see another couple of books on the run up to the end of the year but I'm not expecting many new models for those books. I think thinks will become more 40K focused as I really do think the Amazon deal is going to either have some sort of show ready and it will generate 40K hype. 

I also think they big hype preview shows are of days old as I really don't think they want to tie themselves into stuff now unless it is going to be released.

I'd love to see something for the reimagined Chaos Dwarfs but that may be something they show off at the end of the year as a big tease.

It will be one or another. One faction will be done with the Helcrown event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

They currently seem to have a suspicious lack of Artillery, Calvalry and Wizards, perhaps more importantly too; A big lighting ghiest 😉

Edited by TrawlingCleaner
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Wouldn't be better (unless this is released before NOVA, that I don't discard it) that they save it all for NOVA and give us a very packed preview? It would even soften how poor the quality of this guy is.

They probably have a time limit to commit to (particularly with it being a third party event) so they can't fit everything in, even though 'live shows' now seem to be dropped in place of pre-recorded interviews and reveals. 

A Hel Crown 'winner' stream will probably happen before NOVA, since they made a big dealer of them seeing their stuff first. That's also how 40k 10th worked, with Tyranids getting their own victory event show and the Marines being at NOVA.

• Like 1

Their live reveal show are usually an hour and a half long IRL but the online preview is condense to an hour which usually amounts to 5 10 minute spotlight across each system plus maybe a teaser trailer at the end for something later on.

Edited by novakai

9 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

They probably have a time limit to commit to (particularly with it being a third party event) so they can't fit everything in, even though 'live shows' now seem to be dropped in place of pre-recorded interviews and reveals. 

A Hel Crown 'winner' stream will probably happen before NOVA, since they made a big dealer of them seeing their stuff first. That's also how 40k 10th worked, with Tyranids getting their own victory event show and the Marines being at NOVA.

But if they want they can just go "pum", mini, "pum", mini, "pum", next game and more minis. Most of the time the complaints I see about previews is that they "talk a lot". So condensing more minis would sort that.

• Like 1