The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

how was the book btw? Soul Wars is probably the most recommended AOS book but Dominion fell flat, both are edition novels

Better than Dominion (not too hard), not as good as Soul Wars. Some interesting (unfortunate) choices in plotting/characterization that hold it back. Pretty certain the Hallowed Knights never even use the "Only the faithful!" cry once.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

how was the book btw? Soul Wars is probably the most recommended AOS book but Dominion fell flat, both are edition novels

I'll echo what was said before. Better than Dominion, not as good as Soul Wars. 

I'm only about halfway through though but the lore tidbits and information about potential new units has been pretty tantalizing so far. 

As always I would recommend supporting AoS novels and giving it a shot. I really only do audio books these days and I enjoy the narrator alot for this book.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Uhhhh it was very middle of the road for me. I couldn't stand the main PoV character but the environments and descriptions of the skaven stuff were really cool. The Ruination chamber characters were pretty swell too, however, the Hallowed knights didn't really feel like Hallowed Knights and I was sad to see there was no PoV for the Skaven and not really any of the comedic side of them. They were very creepy though!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Uhhhh it was very middle of the road for me. I couldn't stand the main PoV character but the environments and descriptions of the skaven stuff were really cool. The Ruination chamber characters were pretty swell too, however, the Hallowed knights didn't really feel like Hallowed Knights and I was sad to see there was no PoV for the Skaven and not really any of the comedic side of them. They were very creepy though!

Did you write an audible review? I swear I read exactly the same thing in there. I'm about half way through it myself. I actually like that the Skaven are more menacing here. They actually feel like a meaningful threat. There's some pretty full on body horror stuff early on. I like the description of Hallowheart. It's the first AoS story I've read to feature that city. The main pov is an angry young woman. I've found her to be fine so far and I'm interested to see where the story takes her.

Given what we know about the releases, having the first big fight feature two Skaven units that aren't in any rumours was interesting choice. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Did you write an audible review? I swear I read exactly the same thing in there. I'm about half way through it myself. I actually like that the Skaven are more menacing here. They actually feel like a meaningful threat. There's some pretty full on body horror stuff early on. I like the description of Hallowheart. It's the first AoS story I've read to feature that city. The main pov is an angry young woman. I've found her to be fine so far and I'm interested to see where the story takes her.

Given what we know about the releases, having the first big fight feature two Skaven units that aren't in any rumours was interesting choice. 

That may have been me 😅 It wasn't that the main character was angry all the time that made me not able to stand her, it was more that her dialogue felt like a broken record! The descriptions of Hallowheart were ace, hoping we see more of it in future novels!

As for the Skaven, I definitely loved that they felt like an actual threat but my heart yearns for an infinite and the divine style novel for them with two Warplock Engineers trying to out-do each other with mad inventions and skulduggery.

Edited by TheDayman
  • Like 1

As far as units in the book we haven't seen yet: for Skaven there is the clawlord on palanquin that others have mentioned, there are also the specifically non-eshin assassin/ninja skaven that I don't think will get models (a weird choice), and winged flying skaven, including a very large one. None of those beyond the clawlord match what we know from rumors so far, so who knows.

For Stormcasts, the only thing that could be a unit, but I doubt it, are the Bleak Ravens, which are essentially ruination aetherwings but large corvids.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Colgado said:

For Stormcasts, the only thing that could be a unit, but I doubt it, are the Bleak Ravens, which are essentially ruination aetherwings but large corvids.

The Assault on Hels Claw PDF specifically mentions Ruination Prosecutors hanging around with "grimrooks", so I think there's a chance they'll be in there (the difference in the name could be for similar reasons as the Soul Wars novel, which did things like calling Knight Incantors "mage-sacristans" due to being written before the names were finalized). But since they'd overlap so much with Aetherwings I kinda doubt it. 

34 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Anything kharadron in the book?

No, not at all.

The only factions that really show up are Stormcast, Skaven (duh), some very minor Cities of Sigmar stuff and an extremely minor Lumineth Realm-Lords cameo. 

• Sad 1

Would be pretty nice if the winged Skaven actually got models since it would be an unexpected surprise that wasn't on that list of upcoming models and it'll be another brand new unit to go alongside the remade older units.

Also hoping those large ravens end up getting models, if only for the fact there's something kinda humorous about Stormcast throwing an angry unkindness of large ravens at the enemy (also because corvids are just cool in general).

Edited by SilentSentinel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BarakUrbaz said:

No, not at all.

The only factions that really show up are Stormcast, Skaven (duh), some very minor Cities of Sigmar stuff and an extremely minor Lumineth Realm-Lords cameo. 

Lumineths. They cannot live without trying to be featured everywhere.

• Like 1

I am so sad they didnt make something more interesting for Sylvaneths aswell. Just few different tree revs is kinda boring. Even WU warband from few years ago looked more cooler 

26 minutes ago, Aleser said:

I am so sad they didnt make something more interesting for Sylvaneths aswell. Just few different tree revs is kinda boring. Even WU warband from few years ago looked more cooler 

Agreed.

The horrific bone construct abominations are way cooler then weird looking tree Revenants. 

37 minutes ago, Aleser said:

They really could have made a full kurnothi 3.0 warband if they wanted it !

The hero is cool anyway and the new dryads are possibly hinting a refresh in 4th edition.

AYYbm9Emu9nRxMH1.jpg

Edited by cyrus

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/07/24/upcoming-for-black-library-broken-heroes-destroyed-forge-worlds-and-possessed-space-marines/

I really expected Verminslayer, but they often save Gotrek books for previews. Just weird that it's already in the novel list in the Skaventide novel, it looked like it should have already released by now. When is the BL preview usually?

3 minutes ago, Snarff said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/07/24/upcoming-for-black-library-broken-heroes-destroyed-forge-worlds-and-possessed-space-marines/

I really expected Verminslayer, but they often save Gotrek books for previews. Just weird that it's already in the novel list in the Skaventide novel, it looked like it should have already released by now. When is the BL preview usually?

Annother day without Verminslayer announcment Introducing new rats? : r/RATS

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Baron I_oyd said:

Annother day without Verminslayer announcment Introducing new rats? : r/RATS

My guess for the lack of an official announcement is that the book features a not yet shown character for either the Skaven or Stormcast, and that the book will act a secondary tie in novel for the new edition