The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, NotBeastmanBob said:

It's Just been so very quiet with our new edition on the AOS Front. 

The radio silence of our favourite rumour mongers doesn't help either 

I just remembered been drowned in 40k 10th edition articles left, right and centre post it's release so it's just a smidge meh

(I know they are the favourite child but still.......)

I am kind of thankful that they stopped posting AoS articles. I know they have to hype the edition and that stuff, but they were feeling too frequent for me that I wanted to read them all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I am kind of thankful that they stopped posting AoS articles. I know they have to hype the edition and that stuff, but they were feeling too frequent for me that I wanted to read them all.

You‘re the kind of guy that complains when he wins the lottery, ey? 😆😂

Understandable, I enjoy complaining as well! 👌

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MitGas said:

You‘re the kind of guy that complains when he wins the lottery, ey? 😆😂

Understandable, I enjoy complaining as well! 👌

No. It is not like winning the lottery. Look how many stuff pending to read I have left:

image.png.442f75b9c4e13ff51bbc24a874177dd8.png

image.png.2271ce5cd3837aadfe7ba6688df0edb7.png

It is just too much for me. I prefer the current peace.

41 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

the severe pivot to everything except AOS is weird, and it doesn't feel like a new edition really showed up. i'm also behind (havent finished Dawnbringer Chronicles) but most articles are a quick 3-5min browse and they're done.

they could be revisiting the Youtubers that they had for that too-quick teaser for Spearhead--have them give fuller reviews. Have them review their favorite faction's battlepack. etc. Have BL teasers and a WH+ animation ready to go. Instead we got a slew of 40k books and another 40k show..?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

No. It is not like winning the lottery. Look how many stuff pending to read I have left:

image.png.442f75b9c4e13ff51bbc24a874177dd8.png

image.png.2271ce5cd3837aadfe7ba6688df0edb7.png

Plays wargames, wants peace. 😉  

I've just listened to the latest loremasters episode that is talking about Aqshy and it is interesting that they mention the following:

- Gitmob.
- Cogforts, Steam tanks and Gyrocopters (the first two when they talk about the realmstone).
- Cities founded in Aqshy by Dawnbringer crusades are called Candle Towns, as they are like candle lights in the middle of the chaos darkness.
- Hellcrown sits at the edge of ruin.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

BTW, THWG mentioned on stream the other day that he'd been told new chaos dwarves had a 'clockwork' vibe. Nothing more specific, but interesting nugget

Maybe something steampunk? But that would be too similar to KO.

2 minutes ago, michu said:

Clockwork? That sounds like another needless redesign 

Yeah, if we get something like they did for high elves/lumineth I don't think I'll be interested. They're already good, no need to go re-inventing the wheel here 

58 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

BTW, THWG mentioned on stream the other day that he'd been told new chaos dwarves had a 'clockwork' vibe. Nothing more specific, but interesting nugget

Clockwork as in mechanical monstrosities and “enforcing order on chaos?” Or clockwork as in trading the diesel/industrial look for steampunk nonsense?

41 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Clockwork as in mechanical monstrosities and “enforcing order on chaos?” Or clockwork as in trading the diesel/industrial look for steampunk nonsense?

Nah, they made Chaos Dwarves like the Swiss. So they build nice watches, have great fonts and fondues and are really, really unadventurous! If they‘re on time, they shower each other with chocolate. See, GW can be really left-field in their reimagining.✌️

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

giphy.webp
Works for me!

I just hope that Hobgrots and Horns of Hashut are useable to help bulk out the army upon release.  

Honestly if the Horns of Hashut (a group founded solely as a vanguard for their tall hatted overlords), isn’t included in the faction then GW needs to fire some people.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Honestly if the Horns of Hashut (a group founded solely as a vanguard for their tall hatted overlords), isn’t included in the faction then GW needs to fire some people.

With all the squatting of Warcry and underworlds I am just always prepping for worst case scenarios. 😒

13 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Cogforts, Steam tanks and Gyrocopters (the first two when they talk about the realmstone).

honestly i find this interesting then the gitmob IMPO (most because we have rumor mongers and even the core rulebook stating Gitmobs)

Maybe we'll get both Cogfort & a redesign Steam tank down the future. Maybe have the Cogfort being so big that it will be a sort of Faction terrain while there just a smaller nu-tank for CoS that more "Ironweld"-ized

image.jpeg.e3d18963a7c10700662f21dc52a367eb.jpeg

image.png.a018133c572d240c98010ee9b23eb45c.png

the Imperial guard currently has 11 tank variants & the scout sentinel then why can't CoS own get at least two types?

the mention of Gyrocopter is kind of bittersweet as it just more fuel to the dispossessed acknowledge in lore like the Core rulebook does (pic below) &  the Realm of Metal loremaster video does as well but reframing with it being "Culture pass down to beardling who haven't known life outside the city"

r/ageofsigmar - Non-humans mentions in Core rule book

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

honestly i find this interesting then the gitmob IMPO (most because we have rumor mongers and even the core rulebook stating Gitmobs)

Maybe we'll get both Cogfort & a redesign Steam tank down the future. Maybe have the Cogfort being so big that it will be a sort of Faction terrain while there just a smaller nu-tank for CoS that more "Ironweld"-ized

image.jpeg.e3d18963a7c10700662f21dc52a367eb.jpegMETAL SLUG ANTHOLOGY INTERVIEW | MEGASHOCK

the Imperial guard currently has 11 tank variants & the scout sentinel then why can't CoS own get at least two types?

the mention of Gyrocopter is kind of bittersweet as it just more fuel to the dispossessed acknowledge in lore like the Core rulebook does (pic below) &  the Realm of Metal loremaster video does as well but reframing with it being "Culture pass down to beardling who haven't known life outside the city"

Still hoping we get new Cities duardin.

Especially with all these mentions.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Asbestress said:

Still hoping we get new Cities duardin.

Especially with all these mentions.

An Ironweld update would be super cool, too, though. So...

Cogfort

Steam Tank

Gyrocraft

And then for dwarves...

Engineer hero? Gyrocopter Air-Marshal?

Command-Corps like dwarf engineer team?

Shooty dorfs 

Punchy dorfs

A new runelord

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

What did they say?

Just that. I don't remember the exact words from the top of my head, but it was part of a list of wanderer dangers over Aqshy.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Grimrock said:

Yeah, if we get something like they did for high elves/lumineth I don't think I'll be interested. They're already good, no need to go re-inventing the wheel here 

They will very likely try to reinvent the wheel so none of the million STLs ripoffs can work for this new army.

• Like 1