The Rumour Thread

35 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Ok, I´ll bite: what are all the new units suggested for skaven on the book?

Spoilers ahead.  BEWARE! Still don't know how to add spoiler tags on mobile. (Sorted - GT ;) ) Thanks!

Spoiler

Assassins with chain whips. Skaven bats both large and small. Corrupted creatures including animals and humans that have become ratlike. Skaven with giant shields, which aren't stormvermin who get mentioned later. The big clawlord on palanquin. A giant horned skull covered in human skin that acts as a kind of portal which vomits out maddened skaven whose skin is covered in metal spikes. 

Edited by Chikout
added spoiler tags
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 5

I don't know if this is new. I didn't see it before, but it is pretty handy!

image.png.c3906554e6bfd7ebeb10611c41b308a0.png

There's a new (maybe?) button bellow the featured warcom article.

image.png.878a7f3af99942c08049d6132e350940.png

When you click on it, it shows the latest update on the downloads page:

image.png.9c908ad0333fb09012b49688105dd7b4.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Spoilers ahead.  BEWARE! Still don't know how to add spoiler tags on mobile. (Sorted - GT ;) ) Thanks!

Hide contents

Assassins with chain whips. Skaven bats both large and small. Corrupted creatures including animals and humans that have become ratlike. Skaven with giant shields, which aren't stormvermin who get mentioned later. The big clawlord on palanquin. A giant horned skull covered in human skin that acts as a kind of portal which vomits out maddened skaven whose skin is covered in metal spikes. 

Skaven bats is hilarious as there are various languages that have "flying mice" as their name for bats.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Skaven bats is hilarious as there are various languages that have "flying mice" as their name for bats.

Agre. We say "rata-penada". 

Rata means Rat, and Penada comes from the latin Pinna, feathers, that they have wings.

Edited by Beliman

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Hide contents

This just sounds so damn cool! Even if just some of it is true, that would be awesome!

All of those sound like they would be pretty nice in model form, the only ones I can't see getting models are the mutated animals and humans. Then again none of them might get models since they could just be creative liberties on the part of the author but it would be cool to see some more brand new units.

A tanky great shield unit could be cool and skaven covered in spikes sounds interesting.

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

Any rumors on the upcoming Stormcast units?

Nothing other 

Lord Relictor  & Lord Celestant alluded to by WD 502 & the index

Rest is uncharted water and speculation like multipart Reclusian and there was a rumor a while back about a seige weapon 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

Any rumors on the upcoming Stormcast units?

I think we'll see what happens to Ruination Chamber once they lose all mortal memories.
Skaventide book hints at what happens. "...killed and sent by as a lightning bolt to lose another piece of themselves and come back as something less. Or to lose everything. Every memory they created as a mortal and come back as something else. Something pure but inhuman..." No hints as to what that could look like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Nothing other 

Lord Relictor  & Lord Celestant alluded to by WD 502 & the index

Rest is uncharted water and speculation like multipart Reclusian and there was a rumor a while back about a seige weapon 

Don't forget the birds! the Rooks? Seems like an update to Aetherwings

1 hour ago, king.del said:

I think we'll see what happens to Ruination Chamber once they lose all mortal memories.
Skaventide book hints at what happens. "...killed and sent by as a lightning bolt to lose another piece of themselves and come back as something less. Or to lose everything. Every memory they created as a mortal and come back as something else. Something pure but inhuman..." No hints as to what that could look like.

That's pretty interesting! I am 100% confident we will see some sort of human-shaped lightning bolt.

EDIT: In fact... what about this RE being the lightning man:

FDkVoigcOVfpN3ZJ.jpg

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

That's pretty interesting! I am 100% confident we will see some sort of human-shaped lightning bolt.

FDkVoigcOVfpN3ZJ.jpg

I was expecting something similar to a Protoss Archon.

2 hours ago, DinoJon said:

Don't forget the birds! the Rooks? Seems like an update to Aetherwings

True but i don't think it going to be updated Aetherwings (also they're not going anywhere) rather i think they're going to be some sort of Grimrook falconer who handles the death birds

2024-07-23.jpg

there should also mention a knight of some sort of knight could be a name character?

2023-12-20.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

FDkVoigcOVfpN3ZJ.jpg

I'd really like to see a giant golem or Sigmar avatar unit. Maybe its a lightning man inside, but armored outside. Lightning gheist doesn't excite me personally, but would be happy to be convinced otherwise.

I’m still holding hope for a “Gal Vorbak” Style unit for Stormcast with the armour either missing or splitting and cracking and giving way to a Lightning Elemental form underneath. Lightning Djinn if you will. 

Are there any more rumours or news about Vandus, I’m not up to date with the Lore and was hoping to see him return in some sort of Broken format. 

edit : Just came across this image of an Old Skaven Army. Maybe winged creatures aren’t that bizarre an idea in a Skaven Army. (See the back unit)

IMG_0138.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
To avoid a naughty double post.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

I’m still holding hope for a “Gal Vorbak” Style unit for Stormcast with the armour either missing or splitting and cracking and giving way to a Lightning Elemental form underneath. Lightning Djinn if you will. 

Are there any more rumours or news about Vandus, I’m not up to date with the Lore and was hoping to see him return in some sort of Broken format. 

edit : Just came across this image of an Old Skaven Army. Maybe winged creatures aren’t that bizarre an idea in a Skaven Army. (See the back unit)

IMG_0138.jpeg

Spoiler for Dawnbringers 6 

Spoiler

r/ageofsigmar - Fate of Vandus Hammerhand

He induced into the ruination chamber 

There no rumor of Broken Vandus unless they actually do Lighting ghiest and give a name variant of it but right now his Lord Celestant on Dracoth isn't leaving the range so doudt

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Kronos said:

They're the old Dark Elf Harpies, aren't they? Don't know what in hell's name they're doing in a Skaven army. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I don't know if this is new. I didn't see it before, but it is pretty handy!

image.png.c3906554e6bfd7ebeb10611c41b308a0.png

There's a new (maybe?) button bellow the featured warcom article.

image.png.878a7f3af99942c08049d6132e350940.png

When you click on it, it shows the latest update on the downloads page:

image.png.9c908ad0333fb09012b49688105dd7b4.png

This is not new, but It is not used really often

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Yep, they're the old marauder sculpt dark elf / chaos harpies. One of those classic nonsense WD pics lol.

Armies used to be able to take monsters such as harpies. There was a massive list of what could be taken. The models are from the 4th Ed dark elf army release and iirc, weren't marauder at this point.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

Armies used to be able to take monsters such as harpies. There was a massive list of what could be taken. The models are from the 4th Ed dark elf army release and iirc, weren't marauder at this point.

Too long ago for me to remember composition rules, but that sounds about right as I've got a handful of different monsters alongside my old armies.
We're splitting hairs for sure lol, but they're definitely marauder sculpts. I took a look in my oldhammer case. I think they were post absorption though, like a lot of the classic Skaven sculpts from 4E times. So they're tagged marauder on the slotta tag but released under citadel.

I'm not sure if I'm excited for some flying ratmen unless they're using inventions to do it. Abomination bat-rats sounds just a little too goofy for the current aesthetic they seems to be re-establishing.

I guess my concern is that Skaven have one of the strongest identities and aesthetics in the general Warhammer IP and loads of long-iconic units where it just feels more sensible to update everything that already exists rather than just seemingly squatting some of it and adding in new stuff. Like why Skaven with bat-wings instead of just updating and doing new Censor-Bearers? There's plenty of bat-wing creatures/units across AOS and 40K already.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bosskelot said:

Like why Skaven with bat-wings instead of just updating and doing new Censor-Bearers?

In my opinion, Censer Bearers certainly seem like one of the most cuttable units from the Skaven range. They are just a variant of Plague Monks and GW seems to be moving away from having a lot of hard to differentiate infantry units in AoS factions.

Also, from a creative point of view, I think having to retread established ideas again and again is unexciting for those working on miniatures and lore. There are already a lot of straight refreshes coming for the Skaven line. I think the desire to also have a few units that are completely new to the Skaven in AoS is very valid.

I think players frequently think in terms of the stuff that is already part of the game and that they already think is cool. When I was thinking about the kinds of units that Cities of Sigmar might get, I was certainly not anticipating the Ogor Warhulk. But it is one of my favourite concepts from the new wave of models now. I think especially for Skaven, which are very fantastical and could in theory have a lot of weird stuff in their army, just redoing old concepts all the time would be a bit of a shame.

• Like 4

On 7/31/2024 at 5:22 PM, Dragon-knight77 said:

speaking old art so far 10th edition has been reusing old artwork for nearly all it codexes 

CodexSM10th.jpg (not a codex but its old 9th edition promo art)

CodexTyranids10th.jpg

MechCodex10th.jpg

TauCodex10th.jpg

CSMCodex10th.jpg

SOB10th.jpg (this the 8th edition codex)

DarkAngelsupplement10th.jpg

BACodex10th.jpg

all they been doing it putting this egregiously bad background logo/effect that they have done with their Display posters 

like I'm sort of worry that they do the same to AOS 4th edition rather than actually get new artwork (and honestly with how bad those background effects are i would take reused art work) 

Agreed. While I think that the newer art style is better then the 2015-2017 stuff that was coming out where it looked like they hired a bunch of artists who worked on mobile games, the new codexes are really bland and lazy. So much has been rehashed from 9th. 

That being said some of the new AOS art is really good. Harkens back to some of old WHFB art by Kopinski and Adrian Smith. 

• Like 1