The Rumour Thread

8 hours ago, Kronos said:

I’m still holding hope for a “Gal Vorbak” Style unit for Stormcast with the armour either missing or splitting and cracking and giving way to a Lightning Elemental form underneath. Lightning Djinn if you will. 

Are there any more rumours or news about Vandus, I’m not up to date with the Lore and was hoping to see him return in some sort of Broken format. 

edit : Just came across this image of an Old Skaven Army. Maybe winged creatures aren’t that bizarre an idea in a Skaven Army. (See the back unit)

IMG_0138.jpeg

This is back when you could actually customize your army, in free expansions and create a narrative, rather then being forced into set units and load outs, like the modern game systems. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

This is back when you could actually customize your army, in free expansions and create a narrative, rather then being forced into set units and load outs, like the modern game systems. 

Yup. 

I remember the Goblin army that appeared in White Dwarf that was over 100 Goblins and a white dragon! :D 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kronos said:

I’m still holding hope for a “Gal Vorbak” Style unit for Stormcast with the armour either missing or splitting and cracking and giving way to a Lightning Elemental form underneath. Lightning Djinn if you will. 

Are there any more rumours or news about Vandus, I’m not up to date with the Lore and was hoping to see him return in some sort of Broken format. 

edit : Just came across this image of an Old Skaven Army. Maybe winged creatures aren’t that bizarre an idea in a Skaven Army. (See the back unit)

IMG_0138.jpeg

I think Vandus will be saved for later. It is very tempting to have a Khul vs Vandus "commemorative" box.

• Like 5

Well, I for one have high hopes we'll see those "Bat-Rats". But supreme disappointment if they're called anything else.

PS - Intermittent lurker, first time poster. This forum and rumour thread is absolutely amazing. You're a lovely bunch, and every time I think I've spotted something or had some cunning insight, I come here and find you're five steps ahead. : )

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

Btw, GW said they were using old John Blanche artwork for this re-range, but we still haven't seen a model looking like this picture of an old warlord. And I don't think the new rohirat fits exactly. Hmmmmmm.

image.jpeg.d142f117da074900e0a0133951409d06.jpeg

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Btw, GW said they were using old John Blanche artwork for this re-range, but we still haven't seen a model looking like this picture of an old warlord. And I don't think the new rohirat fits exactly. Hmmmmmm.

image.jpeg.d142f117da074900e0a0133951409d06.jpeg

Having gone through the Skaventide book I can, this is wait jumps to my minds eye when the Warlord is described, just more creepy/sinister 

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I think Vandus will be saved for later. It is very tempting to have a Khul vs Vandus "commemorative" box.

I actually don't think that's likely, they made a point of Dawnbringers 6 being the end of Khul and Vandus' rivalry. Khul doesn't care about Vandus anymore and Vandus is probably so broken at this point he doesn't care either. 

8 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

I actually don't think that's likely, they made a point of Dawnbringers 6 being the end of Khul and Vandus' rivalry. Khul doesn't care about Vandus anymore and Vandus is probably so broken at this point he doesn't care either. 

While that's true, it doesn't have to mean the rivalry is back. Vandus can be obsessed with Khul, even more now that Khul has ascended, and Khul could be just doing something else.

Having a VS box with both their new models as a 10th edition anniversary box is unlikely, especially if it means mooooore Stormcasts, but a man can dream.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, LeisureCanid said:

Well, I for one have high hopes we'll see those "Bat-Rats". But supreme disappointment if they're called anything else.

PS - Intermittent lurker, first time poster. This forum and rumour thread is absolutely amazing. You're a lovely bunch, and every time I think I've spotted something or had some cunning insight, I come here and find you're five steps ahead. : )

Little known fact: they actually wanted to name them Ratbats but Soundwave threatened to sue them! 

image.png.c2e51cc366d1ba30914d62e4417eb5ac.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

While that's true, it doesn't have to mean the rivalry is back. Vandus can be obsessed with Khul, even more now that Khul has ascended, and Khul could be just doing something else.

Having a VS box with both their new models as a 10th edition anniversary box is unlikely, especially if it means mooooore Stormcasts, but a man can dream.

Aw man, a Khul vs Vandus both "Ascended" box for the 10th anniversary would be so hype. I would say that the Khorne models have aged significantly better IMO (I'm definitely not biased and starting a BoK army imminently) 😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cyrus said:

Anyway Skaven and palanquin is not a new concept since we had previous artwork of Greyseer on palanquin

Skaven Warlords also had the option to use a palanquin in past armybooks in Warhammer Fantasy (but never an official model I think).

Edited by return_of_grom
  • Like 1

Another Helcrown update. Judging by the scores they keep reporting and most of the results likely registered, it's probably just fluff at this point.

yGmBHaiV7jjVOcEn.jpg

The final battle for Hel Crown is raging in the Grifts, a tightly packed district of hovels raised by the Khornate tribes that once lived here during the Age of Chaos. Sigmarite domicile shells have been constructed on the perimeter, forming an unintended line of defence.

This hasn’t been enough to keep the frenzied throngs at bay though, and the Skaven have swarmed through these shanties as sorcerous sinkholes swallow other structures whole and disgorge yet more invaders. The task of defending this area was impossible, and the district has now fallen. The hour of defeat surely draws clear, but there is still time left.

Meanwhile, outside the city, … After losing ground to the Forces of Order on the Gheistclay, the Skaven have redoubled their efforts at the Isle of Teeth. This fastness is studded with dilapidated gun forts that were once part of a defence network protecting the only viable point of ingress – Gunner’s Maw. The Forces of Chaos have surged over the defences, crushing palisades and buttresses before them and sweeping away the defenders with the sheer press of bodies.

As Skaven engineers pick over the remains, the ruins of once-mighty forts become a confusing warren of nests, in which Clanrat war-swarms gather in preparation for a final assault upon the beleaguered defences of the fortress-city itself.

SFTZ647jxDUdL8QV.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Valrak expecting new sanguinary guard and new sanguinor for next new model monday since GENCon preview was deleted.

Anyway next Saturday preview is all about AoS and Skaven ! 😉🐀🐁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NotBeastmanBob said:

Having gone through the Skaventide book I can, this is wait jumps to my minds eye when the Warlord is described, just more creepy/sinister 

Sadly, I don't think another foot-warlord is coming, unless Warhammer+ surprises us.

On 8/1/2024 at 8:55 AM, Chikout said:
Spoiler

Assassins with chain whips. Skaven bats both large and small. Corrupted creatures including animals and humans that have become ratlike. Skaven with giant shields, which aren't stormvermin who get mentioned later. The big clawlord on palanquin. A giant horned skull covered in human skin that acts as a kind of portal which vomits out maddened skaven whose skin is covered in metal spikes. 

Those all sound awesome and we may never get any of it. The books always showcase a plethora of sick as hell creatures and concepts that never see the light of day.

5 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Okay, so Order apparently holds all of the regions surrounding the city, but the rats hold the city proper…. GAULIC WAR REFERENCE!!!

Order is losing the outside as well.

• Sad 1